Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineYahoKa
Just a guy.

Loc: Canadian
Need advice on how to handle situation w/ people in my dorm
    #3114497 - 09/09/04 03:55 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I'd like to get a few opinions on this situation, because it is a really bad/awkward one with the people on my floor in my dorm at college (only about 5 or 6 days in). Basically, there is one great girl on my floor that I chilled with for the first couple of days, and I really like her, was flirting, etc. So one night we both get quite drink, and we were at a dance just having fun. When we got back to the dorm, a couple people on my floor (who are actually old friends of hers), stop me from going near her, fearing I'll take advantage of her. Now the people on my floor are very pissed, my don is going to write a complaint for the head of discipline, and I don't know what to do. I have to go talk to her in just a few minutes...

--------------------
Hang on tightly ... and let go lightly.

Edited by YahoKa (09/12/04 11:40 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineUncleMike
Visionary
Male

Loc: S.W. Virginia
Re: Need advice on how to handle situation w/ people in my dorm [Re: YahoKa]
    #3114956 - 09/09/04 05:36 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I think she needs to take responsibility for her actions unless you slipped her something. then they would have every right to make a complaint about you. I would go and talk to her ask what you did that made everyone supect that you were gonna jump her bones. If that don't work out then I'd ask for a transfer to another dorm. I would stay completely away from her. you don't need trouble like that.

--------------------
Live each day like it will be your last, tomorrow my never come.
SporeSmart

OfflineYahoKa
Just a guy.

Re: Need advice on how to handle situation w/ people in my d [Re: UncleMike]
    #3115132 - 09/09/04 06:12 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

It's not her ... i talked to her and she's cool about everything, but it's still weird, mostly with the other people. I suppose I should just back off and leave everyone alone...

--------------------

OfflinePhantomSk8ter
da shizzle!
Re: Need advice on how to handle situation w/ people in my d [Re: YahoKa]
    #3115632 - 09/09/04 07:51 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

fuck those fuckers(hah,i love sayin that)
they dont got the right to blame you for shit you wouldnt do.just go and get that girl.forget about the other people.to hell with them.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3115890 - 09/09/04 08:55 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

tell those guys to lighten up, she's a big girl, man I would be pissed if I was in your shoes, I wouldn't just sit there.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#3115896 - 09/09/04 08:56 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

if they complain, say they are harrasing you, you have done nothing wrong, it sounds like those guys have serious issues.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#3115901 - 09/09/04 08:57 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

unless, of course, you slipped her some georgia home boy, then your a scummer

but it sounds like that sin't the case

--------------------

Offlinethelion
Re: Need advice on how to handle situation w/ people in my d [Re: gdman]
    #3117258 - 09/10/04 01:56 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Agreed! Yeah!

OfflineEuphoria
watch theweatherchange...

Re: Need advice on how to handle situation w/ people in my d [Re: thelion]
    #3117882 - 09/10/04 09:37 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

They probably want to get her before you do, wouldn't surprise me.

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

#3119017 - 09/10/04 02:43 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Why did you care about what these punks said? And how did they "stop" you from getting near her? Geezus man, you just let a bunch of guys cockblock you, and instead of being pissed at them, you care about their feelings toward the situation? Then you went and talked to the girl about these people's feelings? This is wrong on many levels. One thing is for sure, you won't be fucking that girl ever.

Edited by looner2 (09/10/04 02:44 PM)

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#3119105 - 09/10/04 03:05 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

you can't let people do that to you man

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #3119727 - 09/10/04 06:06 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

move out of the dorm and get a regular apartment as soon as you possibly can. I've never lived in a dorm the past 5 years I've been in school. I dont know how you people do it. Those things seem like deathcamps to me.

OfflineGus
Back in town.

Loc: Quebec, Canada
    #3120239 - 09/10/04 08:41 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

you're a pussy or what? Fuck these guys man. Just go for the girl :thumbup:

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
    #3121343 - 09/11/04 02:41 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

yea, if you end up dating this girl, it will really make everybody else look like asses.

--------------------

OfflineYahoKa
Just a guy.

Re: Need advice on how to handle situation w/ people in my d [Re: Dreamer987]
    #3121826 - 09/11/04 10:20 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Such a dangerous move though... but yes, it would make them look like incredible asses.

--------------------

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: Need advice on how to handle situation w/ people in my d [Re: DoctorJ]
    #3130228 - 09/13/04 03:25 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:
move out of the dorm and get a regular apartment as soon as you possibly can. I've never lived in a dorm the past 5 years I've been in school. I dont know how you people do it. Those things seem like deathcamps to me.

Are you fucking kidding me, the dorms were the best years of college, well kinda, as far as being an immature college freshman dude was concerned. I made the best friends, pulled the greatest pranks, learned great survival skills.

The key to dorm life is:
1. form a great, working relationship with your roommie, I'm not saying you have to be friends with them, just find a common ground in regards to a) sleeping hours b) cleanliness c) food situation, etc.

2. get to know your dorm RA (students in charge of dorms) get them to like you, this will be a huge service later down the line.

3. realize that you, as a freshman dude, are the lowest man on the totem poll.

4. HAVE A FUCKING BLAST.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Re: Need advice on how to handle situation w/ people in my d [Re: Skikid16]
    #3141588 - 09/15/04 10:48 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

pssshhh.

when I was a freshman I was pushin pounds of dank and sheets of acid out of my off-campus apartment. Seniors were my bitches.

fuck that communal living fraternity bullshit. that shit is for people that need to be assigned friends. The world is a lot bigger than college. I knew that before I even started going.

the only thing a naive-ass rich dorm kid is good for is making money off of, because they're so sheltered they don't even know where to get good dope cheap.

that whole 'college pecking order' bullshit is a scam. you can be a freshman and be the biggest pimp on campus, especially if you have a private apartment away from school jurisdiction.

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

#3141701 - 09/15/04 11:19 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

fuck that communal living fraternity bullshit. that shit is for people that need to be assigned friends.

I said nothing of a fraternity, it was a dorm, plain and simple.

Quote:

the only thing a naive-ass rich dorm kid is good for is making money off of, because they're so sheltered they don't even know where to get good dope cheap.

The funny thing is it was cheaper to live in the dorm, especially my dorm, I lived in the shittiest dorm on campus.

Quote:

you can be a freshman and be the biggest pimp on campus, especially if you have a private apartment away from school jurisdiction.

Or you could just sound like a complete ass wad that, to tell the truth, sounds like a "naive-ass rich dorm kid" .

Being in the dorms taught me to make the best of a shitty (AND MY DORM WAS SHITTY AS HELL) situation. It taught me how to make friends with kids I never thought I would be friends with. It taught me how to drink shitty beer, and love it.

Honestly, you need to take your head out of your ass and look around, you're not fooling anyone into thinking you're cool, cause you sound like a prick.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Re: Need advice on how to handle situation w/ people in my d [Re: Skikid16]
    #3143203 - 09/16/04 10:47 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

hey, man I'm just tryin to offer some solid advice.

no one should ever allow themselves to be mistreated because they are a 'freshman'. that shit is so gay. I know freshmen that have all their shit together and I know people in grad school that are a fuckin mess. To use something as arbitrary as what year you are at in your education to judge someone's character is just petty and stupid. Not too mention that there are some people who go to college later in life... should a 30 year old freshman be mistreated by a 23 year old senior?

Quote:

The funny thing is it was cheaper to live in the dorm, especially my dorm, I lived in the shittiest dorm on campus.

Everyone I know that lives in a dorm pays more rent than I do, and they have less privacy. You can always get a cheaper apartment, especially if you are willing to live in a colorful neighborhood off campus. You will have much more real life experiences that way as well. Not to mention its easier to smoke, throw parties, and be alone with females.

honestly I trhink dorms are for sucker rich kids that have no initiative of their own. My advice to the original poster: get a job and start your own life. Dont let the fact that you are a student define you as a person, because if you do that, you are in for a rude awakening come graduation.

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

#3148135 - 09/17/04 12:02 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

no one should ever allow themselves to be mistreated because they are a 'freshman'.

No one was mistreated, our living standards were just a little low. 

Quote:

I know freshmen that have all their shit together 

Plenty of the kids in my dorm had their shit together.

Quote:

To use something as arbitrary as what year you are at in your education to judge someone's character is just petty and stupid.

Who the fuck said anything about judging someone's character?

Quote:

You can always get a cheaper apartment, especially if you are willing to live in a colorful neighborhood off campus

Yeah, living in the ghetto is real PIMP.

Quote:

You will have much more real life experiences that way as well. Not to mention its easier to smoke, throw parties, and be alone with females. 

Don't forget, its easier to get your car broken into, your house broken into, your person being mugged.....man, that sounds great.  :thumbup:

Quote:

honestly I trhink dorms are for sucker rich kids that have no initiative of their own. 

Or for kids that have scholarship, or kids that don't feel like having to drive to campus and look for parking, or kids that want to meet ALOT of people.

Quote:

My advice to the original poster: get a job and start your own life. 

Easier said than done in many instances.

Quote:

Dont let the fact that you are a student define you as a person, because if you do that, you are in for a rude awakening come graduation.

How is living in the dorm for ONE year of your college career defining you as a student?  I know plenty of kids that lived off campus that were more into the college life than kids in the dorm.....

I don't know where you went to school, I don't know why you have such a inate fear of the dorms and the "sucker ass rich kids", maybe you got cornholed in the dorm?  But the fact of the matter is, if you keep it in context, living in the dorm can be a great experience where you make many friends (many of whom I still hangout with, and I'm still roommates with my origional dorm roommate) . 

My advice to the origional poster:
Have fun, keep up with your studies, realize you don't have to live in the dorms forever (thank god) but it can be an amazing year.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order