Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleJackTackle
pinningmycologist

Loc: behind you
Re: Has anyone grown morels? [Re: cornoir]
    #4772343 - 10/08/05 09:27 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

A good grain medium is annual rye grass seed. Other grains such as rape seed, hemp seed, birdseed, and rice will work.

where is Marc Emery when you need him....

--------------------
Stay Blue!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTerantula
Spider
Male
Loc: Canada
Re: Has anyone grown morels? [Re: JackTackle]
    #4776122 - 10/09/05 08:17 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I've hear that it is possible. Has a lot to do with repeated burns and sterilized soil. The mycelium takes about two years to form under the burn... So though tis been done once, and I've found local patches in my town here around burn piles...

It should be a little more than likely...

InvisibleSpeeker

Re: Has anyone grown morels? [Re: Terantula]
    #4806585 - 10/15/05 06:50 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Two new Morcella US-Patents available..
http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parse...&FIELD2=&d=ptxt

:sun:

Invisiblebrainbreath
perpetual newbie
Loc: down on the corner
Re: Has anyone grown morels? [Re: Speeker]
    #4844414 - 10/24/05 01:25 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I had a bag pin in vitro but the bag was damaged before I could try growing it out.

I've been working with several different cultures and sporeworks' culture has performed the best so far, grows sclerotia way better than the cultures I got from fungi.com.
Sopreworks culture @ 27 days:

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

Re: Has anyone grown morels? [Re: brainbreath]
    #4844953 - 10/24/05 09:20 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

The mycelia runs so fast its hard to keep it from senecence i suppose.
What's in the bags?

Invisiblebrainbreath
perpetual newbie
Re: Has anyone grown morels? [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #4845563 - 10/24/05 12:17 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

1 quart peat+ 1/3 cup gypsum:

Topped with a quart of soaked/drained rgs:

Spawned with a quart of wbs:

Edited by brainbreath (10/25/05 08:12 AM)

OfflineCoolMojo
Imagination iswhat you make ofit
Folding@home Statistics
    #4854139 - 10/26/05 10:22 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I order the kit from perfecti and planted it, that spring my entire yard was INFESTED with morels. We were filling shopping bags full of them off alittle less then 1 acre of property.

Now the kicker, there wasn't ONE SINGLE morel in the small patch we had planted, not one and the morels growing all over the yard (it was so thick with morels we had non mushroom people staring at our back yard with awe) they were a different type of morel LOL

my family has lived there for 200 years and nobody remembers any morels poping up. Throw down a kit with a different type and BOOM its morel heaven. After that spring we never seen any again but we didn't care, we ate of thedried morels for two years.

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: Has anyone grown morels? [Re: KaptainK]
    #4856779 - 10/26/05 08:59 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I have cultivated morels outdoors. You know how when you go mushroom hunting, the bottom of the mushroom stem always has a bit of dirt colonised with mycelium? Everytime I find morels I cut them bits off and put them in a blender and blend it up. After that I dilute the blender full of mycel water into a ten gallon bucket of water then dump the mycel water into the bed i have prepared. I use The burn site method. Burn a bunch of hardwoods in a shaded area and spawn it the way i explained. Then cover it with leaf litter. It works fairly well, nothing mind blowing spectacular but it does work.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #4856782 - 10/26/05 08:59 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I have cultivated morels outdoors. You know how when you go mushroom hunting, the bottom of the mushroom stem always has a bit of dirt colonized with mycelium? Every time I find morels I cut them bits off and put them in a blender and blend it up. After that I dilute the blender full of mycel water into a ten gallon bucket of water then dump the mycel water into the bed i have prepared. I use The burn site method. Burn a bunch of hardwoods in a shaded area and spawn it the way i explained. Then cover it with leaf litter. It works fairly well, nothing mind blowing spectacular but it does work.

--------------------

Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Invisiblemah2b1
Researcher
 User Gallery

Loc: Mid-West, USA
    #4867795 - 10/29/05 05:42 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

For what its worth, here is a pdf of an original patten attached, got some pretty good details.

Morel patten #4866876

--------------------
If it's not broken, then the government will try to fix it until it is.

Edited by mah2b1 (10/29/05 05:43 PM)

InvisibleveggieM

OG Cultivator
Re: Has anyone grown morels? [Re: mah2b1]
    #4868211 - 10/29/05 07:55 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Here is a cool pic from a commercial morel grower in Michigan

Invisiblebrainbreath
perpetual newbie
Re: Has anyone grown morels? [Re: veggie]
    #4868264 - 10/29/05 08:20 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Any idea what the name is or where it is in Michigan? I'd like to check that out.

InvisibleveggieM

OG Cultivator
    #4868285 - 10/29/05 08:31 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

>Any idea what the name is or where it is in Michigan? I'd like to check that out.<

It's a company called Diversified Natural Products, Inc. in Scottville, MI - http://www.dnpco.com/

Read about them in Shroomery News - Biotech brings mushroom hunt indoors

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

Re: Has anyone grown morels? [Re: veggie]
    #4870882 - 10/30/05 01:59 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

That company must have a large reasearch team. They go all over the board with their products.

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: Has anyone grown morels? [Re: CoolMojo]
    #4870954 - 10/30/05 02:12 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

CoolMojo said:
I order the kit from perfecti and planted it, that spring my entire yard was INFESTED with morels. We were filling shopping bags full of them off alittle less then 1 acre of property.

Now the kicker, there wasn't ONE SINGLE morel in the small patch we had planted, not one and the morels growing all over the yard (it was so thick with morels we had non mushroom people staring at our back yard with awe) they were a different type of morel LOL

my family has lived there for 200 years and nobody remembers any morels poping up. Throw down a kit with a different type and BOOM its morel heaven. After that spring we never seen any again but we didn't care, we ate of thedried morels for two years.

Did you plant in the spring, summer or fall? Spring and summer plantings will cause the fruits to appear far away from the patch, because the mycelium travels. If you plant in the fall it will most likely fruit where you planted it.

--------------------

OfflineCoolMojo
Imagination iswhat you make ofit
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Has anyone grown morels? [Re: Psychoslut]
    #4884538 - 11/02/05 04:53 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

No it wasn't that, the kit is the schlortia (sp?) it was a different speciese of morel and we planted it a week before they started popping up, or maybe it was two weeks been af ew years but you get the idea. It was either chance that I happened to plant the kit before that morel invasion was already going to happen or somehow planting another type triggered the native morel to fruit. I'm not sure how but I have to admit it being a posible factor. I'm leaning more towards a freak chance but who knows.

InvisibleShroomOmatic
Ethno Apprentice
Male User Gallery
Loc: Sailing the Seas of Chees...
    #4884787 - 11/02/05 05:37 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Awsome I would like to give that a try.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom