Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Loc: The will to power
Do you ever get the feeling people can read your mind?
    #3112409 - 09/09/04 06:57 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I have been entertaining this notion for about a year and sometimes it freaks me out. Its mostly girls that seem to posses this ability.

I'm not sure how to explain it but its like when i direct a thought at someone they seem to react a certain way, as they some how picked up on what i was thinking.

Its creepy as hell. I notice it every day. Maybe its just coincidental and my imagination playing tricks with me.
For example. Today i was sitting in my car at a red light and this hot chick walked by. I immediately thought "damn those are some fine legs" and when the girl had passed the intersection she turned around and glanced at me in the car with a little smile on her face.
That sounds very coincidental, i know. But it happens so often.

Damn in paranoid.

--------------------
--------------------
We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecosmo
LiquidFunkster

Re: Do you ever get the feeling people can read your mind? [Re: Scarfmeister]
    #3112419 - 09/09/04 07:09 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Most people would write that off as some type of association your current state of mind gathers. Not me. Nothing happens coincidentally. My mother and I used to think of a word and let the other one guess what the word was. We actually guessed the right word about 50% percent of the time. Just having an idea of what the other person is thinking is ESP. Maybe instead of ESP, its EEP. Extra Emotional Perception. That chick knew in the back of her mind you were having an emotional response to her. Hrmmm....Any Ideas?

--------------------
"Thinking only begins at the point where we have come to know that Reason, glorified for centuries, is the most obstinate adversary of thinking."
-Heidegger

OfflineZoso_UK
Zepoholic

Loc: Neverland
    #3112420 - 09/09/04 07:09 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

All girls have a sixth sense that tells them when they're being leered at :P And although virtually all girls like it, most get in a fuss!

Girls are definitely more perceptive than boys.

Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here & Now
    #3112424 - 09/09/04 07:13 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I think it's bascially that we send out signals, karmic waves?, that are another form of sensory information, beyond the five senses.

Think about when you 'journey' - ever had wordless conversations with other people? I know I have. During a trip we can view this information much more readily.

Or, it's just coincidence!

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
    #3113180 - 09/09/04 01:33 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Rather than mind reading, ESP, or coincidence, I think the majority of people who think THEY are the mind readers, are actually the ones who are caught up with ego.

Many people who are in conversation and claim to be miraculously sharing thoughts and images are normally just using their assumptions to control truth, through mind. Many girls, for instance, they assume that guys are looking at them, the assume that you are upset, because they can read it through your own physical expressions.

The physical appearence of someone can arose question of mind state at any cost.

I will admit, there have been times when i have lead myself to believe that I was completely in sync with the triad, the spiral, the circle of people i indulge with, but how can you completely distinguish the difference between assumption, mind-programming, karma, esp, the nth sense, coincidence, etc.

I place my faith in mystical creations, pray to rainbows, and smile to the sky. I believe in karma, but the constant war inside my own mind, the entity questions itself, over and over...at any cost.

The mental war state that I find my mind cycling in, I blame that on the assumption. On the programming. Truth? Blinded by societies finest.

::spreads her wings and flys over the rainbow, into the rain-shower, absorbing the sunlight on her freckeled face and slightly crooked teeth, blessed are they...to become, the rainbow warriors::

So in direct response to your post, I do get the feeling that people can read my mind, but only people involved with me through 3-11. As ridculous as that may sound...everyone else just reads my body and trys to put my physical self in relation with my spirtual self.

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #3113218 - 09/09/04 01:50 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who CAN'T read minds or something :wink: or like everybody else knows something that I am missing out on :laugh:

A bit off-topic I know, but had to throw that out there

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Invisibledorkus
don't look back
 User Gallery
Re: Do you ever get the feeling people can read your mind? [Re: Strumpling]
    #3113229 - 09/09/04 01:52 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Strumpling said:
sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who CAN'T read minds or something :wink: or like everybody else knows something that I am missing out on :laugh:

Same with me. It freaks me out. Been like this for about a year now.

:confused:

edit: it feels exactly like 'the truman show'. Only difference is that it seems like everbody is just waiting for me to wake up  :wink:

Edited by dr_mandelbrot (09/09/04 01:56 PM)

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Frogger

Loc: space
Re: Do you ever get the feeling people can read your mind? [Re: Zoso_UK]
    #3113236 - 09/09/04 01:53 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Zoso_UK said:
All girls have a sixth sense that tells them when they're being leered at :P And although virtually all girls like it, most get in a fuss!

Girls are definitely more perceptive than boys.

nah.

girls are the masters of misattribution. They assign way too much meaning to entirely subjective 'signals'. I cant even begin to count the number of times women have 'read' me and come to the wrong fucking conclusions. The only thing they are 'reading' is their own schemas and predjudices from past experience. They apply the general to the specific, and in doings so, they assume universal truths which are far from universal.

--------------------
peace, pot, and microdot!

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
Re: Do you ever get the feeling people can read your mind? [Re: DoctorJ]
    #3113275 - 09/09/04 02:05 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Definitely. Girls think that they're little 6 sense is flawless or whatever. I'll admit sometimes girls are better at catching onto shit than guys... But I know a couple who just go crazy assuming wrong shit, lol

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
Re: Do you ever get the feeling people can read your mind? [Re: entiformatie]
    #3113297 - 09/09/04 02:12 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

just remember that it isn't....all of the girls.

but yes, most girls definitely use assumption as intuition, especially when it comes to guys/relationships/friendships.

ignorance.

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

Offlinedeff
lovelightbliss
 User Gallery

Loc: all this Flag
    #3113719 - 09/09/04 03:26 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

"girls are the masters of misattribution. They assign way too much meaning to entirely subjective 'signals'. I cant even begin to count the number of times women have 'read' me and come to the wrong fucking conclusions. The only thing they are 'reading' is their own schemas and predjudices from past experience. They apply the general to the specific, and in doings so, they assume universal truths which are far from universal"

Kind of ironic how you did the same thing in labelling girls this way :laugh:

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #3113815 - 09/09/04 03:39 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I believe the medical term for this is "paranoid schizophrenia."

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineF0SS1L
Prehistoric Cyborg

Loc: 216
    #3113887 - 09/09/04 03:48 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Its called empathy: feeling others emotions. Its generally agreed that women are more empathetic than men. Telepathy is more like reading actual thoughts (like how cosmo said he would guess words). Telepathy is kind of grey. Most people probably dont believe in it. Empathy definatly exists on some level though. Like when you dont do or say anything, but somebody asks you if anything is wrong (and then you say "nothing" even though something is).

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3114101 - 09/09/04 04:26 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Fossil hit on a lot when he talked about empath types.  Some people are sooooooooo empathetic they take on peoples ilnessness. "Energetically" speaking all the lines that define you from me are completely blurred for them.

Womens intuition comes from not only being more intune with the emotional body (where esp info is sensed) but also the ability to pay attention to detail. Many men have it as well. My husbands spidey senses kicked in 10 fold over the last year...damn it's scary!

Any human being who naturally is highly observant, detail oriented, and organized IS also highly attuned to patterns. They will notice when a pattern shifts and thats when the inner alarms go off and they delve deeper into finding out "what's with the change?" For those of you who say it's all about reading physical cues, it still requires a kicked up attunement to paying attention to shifting norms and general patterns.

Telepathy is very real to me. My daughter jumps into the the thoughts going on in my head all of the time. I can be thinking about something that happened 8 years ago in a different place while driving and she will start asking me about it or commenting on it. It happenes too often and to exact to be anything but. I gotta watch what I am thinking around her. LOL Almost always when it happens she is not distracted and is relaxxed. She can't do it by will though......yet.

Look at how twins finish each others sentences. It's all about merging energy and becoming "one" energetically speaking.

For strumpling and mandelbrot, it's like hue hue said elsewhere, this stuff is very subtle. You recieve esp info all of the time and don't even know it because you arn't paying attention to the subtleties. Your blocks can be acting as a form of emotional and pyschological protection for you right now. Explore those areas and look to what you may want to be keeping from yourself. Maybe they were put up during childhood and you may come to realise they arn't needed anymore and you can release them.
Non the less, be careful what you wish for. There are reasons why others don't want us to know stuff that they keep private. As the veils thin, that form of privacy is fading fast.

On the upside, once the ability kicks in for everyone, there will be no more secret agendas and plotting behind peoples backs that can follow through with themselves. There will be no more being met and fooled with smiles by people who have hate and il intent in their hearts.

Look at how many americans are reading into 9/11 and Iraq. We are being told one thing and yet most of us smell rotten fish and feel we are being lied to. People are tuning in and waking up. Back in the day, grandpa believed what he was told to beleive and questioned nothing as he was told not to do that either. This rendered grandpa shut down and shut off from percieving anything other then what was being painted before his eyes by others. Today, the rebel spirit has kicked in and we are questioning everything now, how life works, why it is the way it is, why can't it be different, why do I have to do this and can't do that. Ask why ? why ? why?. These curious rebel types open up to waking up the quickest. Kids who ask why all of the time tend to demsontrate a recognisable amount of esp abilities.

Well, I said enough here. Sorry if I came across a little intense but with Ivan breathing down my neck, I am a little tense. Great subject to explore and discuss! :thumbup:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#3114766 - 09/09/04 06:55 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Did you ever think that when you're "directing a thought" at someone it's not the thought that they might be picking up on but rather your body language? Humans both subconsciously give and recieve body language all the time. You might be thinking something but at the same time your body or face might be giving up that thought in your head as a visual signal.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineZoso_UK
Zepoholic

Re: Do you ever get the feeling people can read your mind? [Re: silversoul7]
    #3114854 - 09/09/04 07:15 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
Quote:

I believe the medical term for this is "paranoid schizophrenia."

looks like the number of schizos in the world is pretty high then  :crazy2: :grin:

OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Re: Do you ever get the feeling people can read your mind? [Re: silversoul7]
    #3115107 - 09/09/04 08:06 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

don't doubt ss7 he is obviously a qualified psychiatrist

--------------------
--------------------

OfflineZoso_UK
Zepoholic

#3115119 - 09/09/04 08:09 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

i wasn't doubting him, i was jst saying that that seems like the logical conclusion. assuming a lot of people think others can read their minds. there are points when it seems plausible to me. i think that when people get caught up in it then maybe it could be called paranoid schizophrenia.

OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Re: Do you ever get the feeling people can read your mind? [Re: Zoso_UK]
    #3115121 - 09/09/04 08:10 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

i was being sarcastic :smile:

--------------------
--------------------

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#3115136 - 09/09/04 08:13 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
Agent 727

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology