Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblepenguingenius
Stranger
Male
Loc: Earth, recently moved fro...
amanita muscaria pictures????
    #3112216 - 09/09/04 05:02 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

hello all,

ok I got this picture thing figured out so I'm going to lay some pictures on you to make sure before I partake that I do not have one of the negative varities of the amanita....Pic 1 is the biggest of the bulbs then I have another pic with 2 more bulbs and then the 3rd picture is of a fully mature amanita so can somebody or alot of you..LOL at least tell me if I got it right this time.  I have other pics of some different shrooms I found as well but that will be another post....Ok here we go...maybe it'll be 4 pics to make sure you get a good look at these :stoned:

Pic#1

Pic#2

Pic#3

Pic#4

Ok I hope I did a good job for my first try at photographing mushrooms....I have another post coming of some brown shrooms we found today as well and then one that is really blue but it's the only one that we found like it but my primary concern is these amanita's since I've been wanting to try them all night and been waiting forever to get pictures and then uploaded to photobucket and now posted

Thanks as always

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineuneasyone
tokin theMacGyver bong

Loc: SE united states
Re: amanita muscaria pictures???? [Re: penguingenius]
    #3112703 - 09/09/04 10:24 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

i don't like the looks of that third pic brown caps could be amanita pantherina and cap next to it might be amanita gemmata both of wich are deadly according to my feild guide

--------------------
anything i might say is just something i heard from the voices in my head
uneasy1

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #3112811 - 09/09/04 11:34 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

If they're all actually the same species (that's not certain) then they look similar to Amanita pantherina. However, the cap color is more orange than usual for that species. Only the first photo shows the more important details. On the second photo no stems are visible at all and on the third and fourth photo you cut or broke off the base of the stem, which we need to see to identify them. In any event, the first one is almost certainly not Amanita muscaria, and the others cannot be identified accurately without the bases of the stems.

All of those species, including Amanita muscaria, fall into the negative category. The only mushroom in North America that causes as many emergency room visits is Chlorophyllum molybdites. People don't visit emergency rooms because they're having a positive experience.

Happy mushrooming!

Invisiblepenguingenius
Stranger
Male
Re: amanita muscaria pictures???? [Re: ToxicMan]
    #3114081 - 09/09/04 04:21 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

hi and thanks for the response...

the 1st and last photo are the same cap...the last one I just did by itself to try and highlight the scales on the cap....all were found in the vincinity of each other...maybe seperated by a 10-20 feet...

the 3rd pic has me concerned because of the cap color and the stem is different than for the others and the pic does make it look brown but the cap on the right is a nice dark yellow with remnants of the veil still on the cap....there were 2 like that, 2 like the one on the left which today have rotted away leaving me 3 of the redish orange caps and stems and 2 of the deep yellow caps and stems all found under paper birch stands....

and now my friend just returned with 2 more bulbs from the same area of which they are orange/yellow and scaly....more pics are forthcoming....I'm going to put up all of the ones that are in the first 2 pics with their stems and the 2 new ones here in about 1/2 hour to an hour

for the other caps the stems all look like the 1st pic with that nice fat bulb at the base. I'm starting to thing that this is the yellow fly argaric vs. the red variety and according to everything on this website pertaining to amanita's my region of the country yellow fly would be appropriate.

Invisiblepenguingenius
Stranger
Male
    #3114281 - 09/09/04 05:10 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

ok some more and better pictures including 2 new ones found today in the same place as the others....the 2 on the right side of the dish are the new ones and are yellow orange in person.

pic#1

Pic#2

Pic#3

I'm still leaning towards the yellow fly argaric version instead of the pantheria because there just isn't any brown to be found on these...in person they have combo's of color ranging from yellow/orange red/orange yellow/red

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #3114428 - 09/09/04 05:37 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Sorry, those are *not* Amanita muscaria.

Cap color, unfortunately, is not as good a feature for identification as most beginners think. A much more important feature is the appearance of the volva (cup like structure around the base of the stem). In A. muscaria the volva will usually form multiple rings of tissue on the stem. In these specimens we are seeing a bulbous base with a single rim. The single rim will occur on some individual specimens of A. muscaria, but it's a typical feature of the species near A. pantherina.

Happy mushrooming!

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #3114467 - 09/09/04 05:47 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

hey buddy is it ok if i jack yur thread?

thats cool, ok thanks

is this a good eaten amanita you guys?

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: amanita muscaria pictures???? [Re: Psychoslut]
    #3114795 - 09/09/04 07:02 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Looks like Amanita pantherina to me.

Happy mushrooming!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification