Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
Intelectual Warfare: The Geneticly Engineered smart Humans
    #3104379 - 09/07/04 04:58 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

This is just a thaught. But I was just thinking about how possible it would be to develop a person for figuring out some of the most difficult mathimatical, and scientific questions.

Lets take Fusion Energy for instance. A completely limitless resourse, but beyond our reach at this time.
But lets start with the first person, tweaked enough to just start out a little smarter. 10 generations later, even more smart....then they go another 100 generations and finaly get it. A person that can figure out these questions.

Its almost like breeding flowers. If you want a black rose, you keep taking the darkets rose of the batch and pollenate another dark one. In science, they just keep taking the smartest person in math, and keep polenating (as to say) another genious over and over....the rose gets darker and darker, untill they get thier black rose, or thier smartest man.

I also think that this has probably been looked at and that this could be a sort of new intelectual warfare!
What do you think?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineZoso_UK
Zepoholic

Loc: Neverland
Re: Intelectual Warfare: The Geneticly Engineered smart Huma [Re: Northernsoul]
    #3104406 - 09/07/04 05:02 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I don't keep up to date with the names of scientists and mathematicians, but if what you're saying is true then science and maths and based are nepotism? Does the scientific community welcome the children of renowned scientists with greater zeal than those born of "normal" parents?

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Re: Intelectual Warfare: The Geneticly Engineered smart Huma [Re: Zoso_UK]
    #3105328 - 09/07/04 07:50 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I dont know, if this were happening I dont think that there would be any opposition because a project such as this probably wouldnt allow any opposition mostly because this might not be something you would want to be very public about. Kinda like a secret atomic experiment...or whatever. Who knows what they do without making it public :smirk:

But anyways, with warfare you have to keep it as low keys as possible anyways. And in this intelectual warfare using Genetic Enginering to create super smart human beings, I wouldnt want too many people knowing about it either if I was in charge! Lol.
Just think of a 100th generation person, geneticly modified to figure out how to harness fusion energy, and make it work.
After 100 years of having nothing but great inteligence passed on to you and nothing else, youd think that this thing, or person would be pretty damn ugly and weak hey!? Who knows:)    But who cares, all they need is the brain power. He might even have a bigger head since these certain parts of the brain that cause greater than average inteligence are larger...like Einstiens.

Anyways, different countries trying to out race eachother in this development. Cool.

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

#3105354 - 09/07/04 07:54 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

The Nazis were very interested in Eugenics..

pretty much of the rest of the world is scared of it. No one wants to be told who to have offspring with.

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Re: Intelectual Warfare: The Geneticly Engineered smart Huma [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #3105379 - 09/07/04 07:57 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Well, if they cant ask anyone, or pay anyone enough money to keep it under wraps...theyd just force people. Its inhumane, but there are alot of inhumane things done in the name of science, money, the human race and power.

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
    #3105486 - 09/07/04 08:16 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I think environment plays a larger role than genetics. Look at schooling, our primary sorce of programming intelligence into our offspring. Have a child and leave it alone in a box until he's 13 and see how smart he is.

So, if anything, we are already doing this to a lesser degree. The current trend is exponentially increasing intelligence passed down from generations, so one day - I think this could be a reality. Maybe not with cloning or genetics so much as much more intense childhood and infant education, and definitely with technology as an aid.

--------------------

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#3107052 - 09/08/04 03:06 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Just think of a 100th generation person, geneticly modified to figure out how to harness fusion energy, and make it work.

OK, assuming that you're pumping out these would-be Einsteins every 13 years or so, since that's about the bare minumum requirement for a healthy human sexual reproduction cycle. 100 generations times 13. Couldn't we just use that 1300 years to figure out fusion rationally?

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: Intelectual Warfare: The Geneticly Engineered smart Huma [Re: deff]
    #3111662 - 09/09/04 12:44 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

totally agree. 

if you wanted to genetically make smart people, totally wrong terminolgy...we are talking about selective breeding, it would be more usefull to breed in things liek memory, reactions, awareness and such.  you arnt really gonna breed in "smartness" :tongue: but you could breed in things that make a person more witty, faster, better reflex's and such.  i think that would be key, and is probably already being done. 

i used to do this exact thing with reptiles, although it was for colur.  also did the same with mice for colour, size, larger birth ratios, and tried for temper.  i dotn anymore, it was far to depressing for me.  inbreeding is really fucked up, i dont know why i ever put aside my belifes for that...but learned lots.

also i would guess that breeding for size/shape/chem ratios in the brain would help.  all th ediff galnds and piping in there...im sure it can be genetically organised into a neat efficient engine.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

OfflineArohpohpol
Self Educator
Loc: Canada
Re: Intelectual Warfare: The Geneticly Engineered smart Huma [Re: kadakuda]
    #3113654 - 09/09/04 01:18 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Selective breading for intelligence is going on every day. Smart healthy people bread with other smart healthy people and produce smarter healthier offspring. This is evolution at work.

I don't think governments need to bread their own "supermen." If you educate enough people, you will eventually find a genius! Exceptional people already exist! All governments need to do is find them, educate them, and then employ them.

--------------------
"In heaven all the interesting people are missing." Friedrich Nietzsche

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Re: Intelectual Warfare: The Geneticly Engineered smart Huma [Re: Viveka]
    #3126462 - 09/12/04 04:23 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

EvilEye? said:
Quote:

OK, assuming that you're pumping out these would-be Einsteins every 13 years or so, since that's about the bare minumum requirement for a healthy human sexual reproduction cycle.  100 generations times 13.  Couldn't we just use that 1300 years to figure out fusion rationally?

Yeah, and over time they would look just like greys, and thats what greys are: Us from the future! They figured out not only fusion, but time travel and so on...look it up, it's true!  :tongue:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order