Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFlowerKing
Stranger
How long will dry shroomies keep?
    #311163 - 05/07/01 07:00 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I am writing a screenplay about this cat who harvested some shroomies, fan dried them (put them in a mesh laundry bag and clipped it to the front of a fan...GREAT METHOD) She then finished them off in a desicant chamber. They were then put in a zip lock bag which was put in a amason jar (with a little desicant on the bottom) and this put in the fridge. For accuracy in my story, how long will these be good to munch?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebluhoney
Yes Im a realgirl ,geeesh
Female User Gallery

Re: How long will dry shroomies keep? [Re: FlowerKing]
    #311209 - 05/07/01 09:05 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

In my friends opinion, her dry ones normally keep good for about two-three months. She has heard of people having them for up to six months, but she doesnt trust them after that long.

Its two in the morning......Do you know where your paperbag and flashlight are?

--------------------
Information listed here is for entertainment only and is neither real or proven

Offlinesuboriginal
enthusiast

#2718396 - 05/23/04 01:13 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Shrooms cured and stored in that careful fashion you describe should last AT LEAST 3 months in the fridge, and could last well beyond 6 months. If there's no visible signs of mould or bacteria when you (sorry, I mean the chick in your play) revisits them, they are probably safe and probably still as strong as ever. Incidentally, in my humble opinion, freezing the dried shrooms is even better... essentially this stops any would be pathogens invading your shrooms while they are being stored, and they could be kept for YEARS this way, without noticeable loss of potency. I am currently testing this theory, but it is necessarilly an experiment of long duration !! I know they can be freeze-thawed without a noticeably loss of potency, at least dried P.subaerugs can. I'll get back to you in 2009 with an update re potency at the 5 year mark! Stay tuned !

--------------------
Peace, love and organic brown rice...

Offlineempath
I feel you

Loc: Seattle
    #2718462 - 05/23/04 01:23 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I keep mine dried and vaccuum packed, but rarely have a reason to keep them for an extended peroid of time. I have heard stories of them being vaccuum packed for 2 yrs and still being as potent as when they were first dried.

--------------------
"It tastes like burning"-Ralph Wiggum

Offlineuserfriendly
Stranger
    #2718921 - 05/23/04 03:24 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

thats hard to say but i know a few months,fresh ones will rot if not stored in the fridge:)
:tongue:enisdance: :tongue:enisdance: :tongue:enisdance: :tongue:enisdance: :tongue:enisdance: :tongue:enisdance: :tongue:enisdance:

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #2718957 - 05/23/04 03:35 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

You can keep them for years in the freezer without a loss in potency. Heat is the biggest reason shrooms lose potency over time. Fridge isn't gonna cut it and the shrooms can still rot in the fridge. Once dry freeze them.  :thumbup: :grin:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom