Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
Abstract Thought/ Question....
    #3110196 - 09/08/04 10:26 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Hello all, this is my first post...! I have been viewing this website for the last year or two, and have learned a ton of useful info from you all - and I thank you.... =) I finally decided to make a screen name (yesterday), and post a possibly stupid question that came into my mind while dancing with a fungi last weekend....

Again, this is an abstract question (what I do the best).... Has anybody ever looked into the possibility of what alkaloids COULD be hiding in Poison Ivy...? From what I have learned, plants and animals protect themselves with various poisons.... Obviously, Poison Ivy is named because of it's irritating effects when messed with, but has anyone ever looked deeper into the extracted alkaloids of the roots, or other parts of the plant that might be psychoactive...? Or is this just too dangerous of a plant for people to explore....?

I once was told a story by an uncle - of a man who was clearing a field, and gathered all the brush into a pile, and burned it.... It had Poison Ivy in it, and he accidentally inhaled some of the smoke from the burning pile.... His lungs had an allergic reaction to the poison.... They swelled up and he suffocated to death in the field.... Sounds like a horrible way to die....

I am not asking ANYONE to explore this, I am just asking the question because it just popped into my mind last weekend....

ChoW 4 NoW...!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
Re: Abstract Thought/ Question.... [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3110226 - 09/08/04 10:31 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

doubtful as the plant would have different effects (albeit at least some plesant ones) if it would be a psychadelic. not a bad question as you were thinking alkaloids and plant defense mechanisms.

www.erowid.org is a good resource for anything thats used recreationally/medicinally/psychadelically :P

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: Abstract Thought/ Question.... [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3110644 - 09/08/04 11:53 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

If using mushrooms causes you to think about possibly experimenting with Poison Ivy, then perhaps you should consider laying off mushrooms.

The phytochemicals of Poison Ivy as well as thousands of other plants have been examined and catalogued on Dr. Duke's Phytochemical Database even listing biological activities. You can even use common names, so knowing that its botanical name is Rhus toxicodendron isn't important.

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
Re: Abstract Thought/ Question.... [Re: neuro]
    #3114864 - 09/09/04 07:19 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

:::scratch scratch::: I never said anything about experimenting with Poison Ivy myself, I repeated twice that it was just an abstract thought that came into my head.... :::scratch scratch::: I was actually thinking up lyrics, and "Poison Ivy, what are you hiding" rolled off my tongue.... :::scratch scratch::: Then instead of moving on to the next line, I pondered for a moment (as one often does in a blissful state).... :::scratch scratch::: Thanx~ for the info, and I will try to keep my abstract posts to a minimum.... =)

ChoW~

:::scratch scratch::: <SmerK>

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden