Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMykey
spectraltraveler

Keepin Martha Clean
    #3030788 - 08/20/04 11:23 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Just thought I would throw out a little tip to the Martha chamber users out there!

In between fruitings put a tablespoon of bleach in your ultrasonic water and let it run for an hour or so and any little contams should be effectively DOA. Not really a good substitute for a good ole scrubb down ,but it gives a little piece of mind in between. :smile:

Oh yeah,and make sure you dont breathe in the vapor when you air it out. Bleach can be pretty hard on the respritory system!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
Re: Keepin Martha Clean [Re: Mykey]
    #3030952 - 08/21/04 12:09 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Mykey said:
In between fruitings put a tablespoon of bleach in your ultrasonic water and let it run for an hour or so

Just a note here. I did that once (although it was a bit more than a tablespoon) and ruined my ultrasonic. I mean RUINED it...

Now I just spray the entire inside and seal it up for 24 hours or so. It works well, especially since I have little nooks and crannies in the shelves I made that are impossible to scrub...

--------------------
To give is to live...

Invisibledustz
prentice

Loc: Canadia
    #3031096 - 08/21/04 12:55 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

It would probably work just as well with the bleach solution in a cool mist wouldn't it? You'd definitely have to run it longer since the coolmist doesn't put out nearly as much water, but I doubt the addition of bleach would cause problems this way.

Invisibledustz
prentice

Loc: Canadia
    #3031148 - 08/21/04 01:07 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Actually I have a question for any other Martha users out there...

Martha was running perfectly for a couple months with a cool mist 24/7 and ultrasonic 5min every 2 hours. There was hardly any excess water building up. After moving and setting up the closet in a new location it's flooding like crazy.

There's a 1" hole on the bottom for exhaust and drainage. After noticing excess water accumulating the ultrasonic was turned off completely but there's still a whole lot of water everywhere. It seems like the coolmist is using up water quicker than it was before too.

The casings in there are getting pretty badly soaked, which is causing problems obviously. Temps are steady at 75F. Anyone encounter this before? Suggestions?

Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

Loc: i have an STD,its HPPD ...
    #3031200 - 08/21/04 01:22 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

where can i get a martha zip up? k-mart doset exsist where i live anymore.. target? wally world? all help is appreciated

--------------------
In the dawn my toes are cold They spread their little trinkets on the ground In the hall By the closet door They creep into my bed without sound On a cube In a plastic egg A hundred fabric figures in a pile See them march Toward me And dance across the floor trippily Little faces keep no track of time Little faces speaking out in rhyme Little faces smiling in my mind Tiny doors For walking through sticky fingers clutch forbidden things the phone For talking through Sinking ships On a foamy sea That tumbles from the motion of filthy Little hands In the dark When eyes are wide listen to secrets that I tell In a ball On tiny beds Or beneath them where the shadow people dwell moon Beams split the night Leave bars of yellow pasted on their faces As they drift into a dream

InvisibleMykey
spectraltraveler

Re: Keepin Martha Clean [Re: sillysimon]
    #3031248 - 08/21/04 01:40 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Im pretty sure K mart is the only place to get Martha's stuff,but I have seen a similar setup at Wally world too. I think they were in housewares at the one here,but I would just ask for a plastic closet and they will probably be able to point you in the right direction.

--------------------

Offlinenomez_
The Rev.

Loc: Somewhere over the Pacifi...
    #3110172 - 09/08/04 08:22 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Im trying to work out the drainage/flooding problem for my Martha as well. It collects water like mad then it leaks out the holes in the bottem.

Maybe a sterlite tub for the bottem or something?

--------------------
--------------------------
Just a Smart Monkey

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Keepin Martha Clean [Re: nomez_]
    #3110357 - 09/08/04 08:55 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

kramer just uses a couple of plastic shelves($20@ea. Valu-City)and some palstic sheeting to wrap around.
after a  grow the sheeting goes in the trash and he gives it a break before the next run(flies,fungus mites ,and all kind of other shit love the set-up as kramer is growing in the mid-west so for him it is best to have a little break and dry the place up from time to time this really cuts back on the undesirables :thumbup:

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3113124 - 09/09/04 11:16 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

How to keep Martha clean......... First wait until she gets out of prison then you invite biker whores over, because she misses them, and they scrub her down with battery Acid.

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

OfflineCyber
Ash
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dearborn Michigan
Re: Keepin Martha Clean [Re: sillysimon]
    #3113351 - 09/09/04 12:25 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

sillysimon said:
where can i get a martha zip up? k-mart doset exsist where i live anymore.. target? wally world? all help is appreciated

I got a look alike at Wally World for $19

OfflineCyber
Ash
Male User Gallery

Re: Keepin Martha Clean [Re: nomez_]
    #3113374 - 09/09/04 12:28 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Mine has a bottom that is "Breathable" It does not even seem to get more than a little damp but nothing the local humidity can not absorb.

Cool mist 24/7 and Ultrasonic 15 min every 2 hours.

OfflineTweexican
Clit Commander
 User Gallery
Re: Keepin Martha Clean [Re: Cyber]
    #3113386 - 09/09/04 12:30 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Cyber, where'd you get that shelf inside the martha look-a-like?

OfflineCyber
Ash
Male User Gallery

Re: Keepin Martha Clean [Re: Tweexican]
    #3113524 - 09/09/04 12:59 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

The shelves came from lowes. They are closet shelves that were 6' long and I had them cut them down to 3'.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix