Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
Bush voters: Why should I vote for Bush? EDIT
    #3110125 - 09/08/04 08:13 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

As the title implies,I'll be voting for Kerry. While I find both canditates faulty,I think four more years under Bush would be absolutely horrible,and since it's going to be a such a close race,I won't waste my vote on a third party this time around.
However,I'm willing to throw my preconcieved notions out the window for a moment. So Bush voters,why should I vote for Bush? Please persuade me a little,hopefully with some facts to back up your position.

I'm hoping for some open minded discussion. Even though the righties have some basic philosophical differences that we'll probably never get around,I'm willing to keep an open mind. I just want to read what other people have to say. PLEASE NO FLAMING OR ARGUEMENTIVE BEHAVIOR OF ANY KIND. If you don't agree with what someone else posts,please use another thread to respond.

So without further ado...why should I vote for Bush?

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Edited by monoamine (09/08/04 08:52 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
Re: Bush voters: Why shouldn't I vote for Kerry? [Re: monoamine]
    #3110163 - 09/08/04 08:20 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

PLEASE NO ARGUEMENTIVE BEHAVIOR OF ANY KIND.

i think youre in the wrong forum.  try the pub :shiftyeyes:

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Re: Bush voters: Why shouldn't I vote for Kerry? [Re: Tao]
    #3110174 - 09/08/04 08:22 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I think we have the ability to try it for one thread,without it getting derailed. But I'm probabaly an optimist.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

OfflineAncalagon
AgnosticLibertarian

#3110209 - 09/08/04 08:29 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

monoamine said:
As the title implies,I'll be voting for Kerry. While I find both canditates faulty,I think four more years under Bush would be absolutely horrible,and since it's going to be a such a close race,I won't waste my vote on a third party this time around.
However,I'm willing to throw my preconcieved notions out the window for a moment. So Bush voters,why should I vote for Bush? Please persuade me a little,hopefully with some facts to back up your position.

I'm hoping for some open minded discussion. Even though the righties have some basic philosophical differences that we'll probably never get around,I'm willing to keep an open mind. I just want to read what other people have to say. PLEASE NO FLAMING OR ARGUEMENTIVE BEHAVIOR OF ANY KIND. If you don't agree with what someone else posts,please use another thread to respond.

So without further ado...why should I vote for Bush?

I know this isn't what you are looking for, but given that you live in Florida, and assuming(please correct me if I'm wrong) you are vehemently against the War in Iraq and additional US Military adventurism, I think it would behoove you to vote for a candidate like Ralph Nader. To vote for John Kerry sends the message to those in Washington that you approve of the quest for Empire that each party continues to pursue...they will not see your vote as a 'lesser of two evils' vote. To do what is right and vote for a candidate you truly respect and agree(for the most part) with, you have to accept a premise: the differences between a Bush Administration and a potential Kerry administration are few and far between, to say the very least. Granting this, you must now be willing to risk your preferred 'lesser of two evils' candidate, in this case Kerry, for the chance that the difference between the Bush and Kerry vote totals will be less than the total vote total of Ralph Nader(as it will undoubtedly be), which will therefore FORCE the Democrats to shift away from the interventionist foreign policy it currently employs.

...Or you can vote Libertarian!

--------------------
?When Alexander the Great visted the philosopher Diogenes and asked whether he could do anything for him, Diogenes is said to have replied: 'Yes, stand a little less between me and the sun.' It is what every citizen is entitled to ask of his government.?
-Henry Hazlitt in 'Economics in One Lesson'

InvisibleGreat_Satan
prophet of God
 User Gallery

#3110235 - 09/08/04 08:33 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Vote for Bush to get revenge against all the Bush bashers.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Bush voters: Why shouldn't I vote for Kerry? [Re: Great_Satan]
    #3110243 - 09/08/04 08:34 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

What are you gonna do, ed1? Come bomb everyone who called Bush a monkey? :smirk:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Re: Bush voters: Why shouldn't I vote for Kerry? [Re: Ancalagon]
    #3110303 - 09/08/04 08:45 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Not a bad response,but I'm looking more for why I should vote for Bush instead of why I shouldn't vote for Kerry.

--------------------
Douglas Adams

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #3110316 - 09/08/04 08:47 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Uhhh...cuz freedom is overrated?  :shrug:

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #3110324 - 09/08/04 08:48 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

monoamine said:
Not a bad response,but I'm looking more for why I should vote for Bush instead of why I shouldn't vote for Kerry.

That makes this a very hard question to answer.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Re: Bush voters: Why shouldn't I vote for Kerry? [Re: z@z.com]
    #3110353 - 09/08/04 08:53 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I messed up the wording so I changed it from "Why shouldn't I vote for Kerry?" to "Why should I vote for Bush?"

--------------------
Douglas Adams

OfflineAhHaHaHa
there issomething on myshoulder
Loc: upon the east
    #3110461 - 09/08/04 09:15 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I am an idependent and I probably wont vote because I dont care. But if I did it would be for Bush. I lean towards Bush because so far he has stuck to his plan, not flip flopping on major issues. He has moral values, that I like. I agree with his position on the war. I have seen, first hand, what goes on behind the scenes in those countries and it is a lot worse than the media portrays it. I liked his tax refund, thing. I am not at all wealthy but I think people should get what they work for. I know the economy might not be well in some opinion, but that is what to be expected in a time of war. He says he will keep me safe and I believe him, because he took action against al-qaeda and Hussein. If I were called up to fight for my country I would gladly die because I enjoy being free and having my say and I know those people in Iraq and Afghanistan enjoy there freedom from tyrannical rule. I dont believe in weapons of mass destruction and I think anyone who is open in saying they produce them should be held accountable. All these beliefs I have in common with Bush. But if we were not in any present danger I might support a Democratic candidate for the economy, just not John Kerry.

Also he doesnt support gay marriage, that I dont agree with him on because gays are not hurting anyone and I dont care about them just as long as I dont see them all over each other in the park and have to explain to my young children why they cant have children.

Also he doesnt support partial birth abortion and niether do I. I dont think people should make that kind of decision, whether there child lives or dies while he is being born.

InvisibleCRAZYFUKR
STRANGER THANSTRANGE

Loc: SOUTHLAND
Re: Bush voters: Why shouldn't I vote for Kerry? [Re: AhHaHaHa]
    #3110514 - 09/08/04 09:26 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

you make too much sense to not care. if you truly dont care, why are you in a political forum? please rethink your position and do your civic duty man. taking part makes it much more exciting.

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

#3110626 - 09/08/04 09:49 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

"I am an idependent and I probably wont vote because I dont care. But if I did it would be for Bush. I lean towards Bush because so far he has stuck to his plan, not flip flopping on major issues"

For the love of whatever vote! I'm actually registering this year :o because i f e a r a Kerry presidency.

Bush.. well here's the thing.
With the Republicans in power, fewer horrible laws are passed than with Democrats in power.
Therefor I will vote for Bush. I do NOT agree with all of his policies, I do not agree with his religious beliefs, I do not agree with his stance on drug issues, I do not agree with his position on stem cell research or abortion.

However, I'm pretty damned sure that tomorrow, he'll stand by those beliefs.

Kerry? What's his stance on anything? The only thing I've picked up from him is that he'd do everything like Bush has.. but he'd "do it better!"
The exact details of exactly how he could do anything better are never mentioned.

Kerry simply won't take a stance. He's trying to be too clever, trying to stay neutral so as to not alienate any voters, and goddamnit I don't want a fucking wishy-washy pansy in office, I want someone who will TAKE a stand, choose his territory and piss on it so we know it's his, and defend it vehemently.

Vote for Bush because he will be a strong President, even if you don't agree with everything he does.
Strong Presidents are always better than weak Presidents.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: Bush voters: Why shouldn't I vote for Kerry? [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #3110672 - 09/08/04 10:01 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Let me get this straight: You'd rather have a man who stands for the wrong things than someone who doesn't stand for anything?

--------------------

InvisibleCRAZYFUKR
STRANGER THANSTRANGE

Re: Bush voters: Why shouldn't I vote for Kerry? [Re: silversoul7]
    #3110682 - 09/08/04 10:04 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

wrong to you doesnt mean wrong to everyone. at least he stands for something.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: Bush voters: Why shouldn't I vote for Kerry? [Re: CRAZYFUKR]
    #3110693 - 09/08/04 10:06 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

He specifically mentioned positions of the Bush administration he disagreed with, and then said, "However, I'm pretty damned sure that tomorrow, he'll stand by those beliefs." I just found it curious that someone would find comfort in that.

--------------------

OfflineAhHaHaHa
Re: Bush voters: Why shouldn't I vote for Kerry? [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #3110697 - 09/08/04 10:06 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I think I dont care because I want to be logical and except every posssibility and I dont want to take sides. Taking a side and standing against a point of view seems illogical to me. I fear if I take a side I might fall into the radical secularism of the left, or the hard headed right. Please dont hate me for stating my point of view. I view capatalism as greedy, but it is the best damn way to go about organizing a society; because it feeds on one of the most present human emotions. I feel if I vote I will support that greed. But, I think I will vote this time for Bush because I dont want to see this well organized nation go to hell.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#3110705 - 09/08/04 10:08 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I dont want to see this well organized nation go to hell.

Too late

--------------------

InvisibleCRAZYFUKR
STRANGER THANSTRANGE

#3110707 - 09/08/04 10:08 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

his point being that he will stand for what he stood for then, tomorrow. that is actually a good quality whether you agree with him or not he atleast stands for something and sticks to it. thats all.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#3110719 - 09/08/04 10:09 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

If someone stands for something I oppose, I'd rather they not stick with it. Changing your mind is a highly underrated quality.

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Bush voters: Why should I vote for Bush? EDIT [Re: monoamine]
    #3110727 - 09/08/04 10:10 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

If I were an American, I'd vote for Badnarik.

However, if the only available options were voting for Kerry, voting for Bush, or not voting at all, I'd vote Bush for the following reasons:

1) Bush's policy on how best to deal with those who have declared war (repeatedly) on the US is superior to Kerry's
2) his tax cuts
3) Kerry is such an appallingly stupid man who seems to have less grasp of how things work in the real world than a substantial percentage of the posters in this forum
4) Kerry has no moral character. He's the quintessential "hollow man"
5) Kerry hasn't the strength of will to handle even the stress of a presidential campaign without disintegrating into hissy fits -- there's no way I can see him having the strength to handle far more stressful situations which will have far more ramifications for people other than himself
6) Bush doesn't let himself get distracted by bad press, negative world opinion, personal attacks by just about everyone, opinion polls, etc. He focuses on his obligations instead

There's probably more, but I really should get back to modding these other posts I haven't read yet.

pinky

--------------------

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #3110730 - 09/08/04 10:11 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

CRAZYFUKR said:
his point being that he will stand for what he stood for then, tomorrow. that is actually a good quality whether you agree with him or not he atleast stands for something and sticks to it. thats all.

Remember when the church used to kill heretics who said the earth was not the center of our solar system?

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

InvisibleCRAZYFUKR
STRANGER THANSTRANGE

#3110735 - 09/08/04 10:12 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

"If someone stands for something I oppose, I'd rather they not stick with it"

but what if you are wrong and someone is right?

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: Bush voters: Why shouldn't I vote for Kerry? [Re: Skikid16]
    #3110738 - 09/08/04 10:12 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Skikid16 said:
Quote:

CRAZYFUKR said:

Remember when the church used to kill heretics who said the earth was not the center of our solar system?

Hey, at least they stuck with it.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#3110745 - 09/08/04 10:13 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

CRAZYFUKR said:
"If someone stands for something I oppose, I'd rather they not stick with it"

but what if you are wrong and someone is right?

Then I'm open to someone changing my mind. But I'm not going to admire someone for sticking to an ignorant position just because they're consistent.

--------------------

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: Bush voters: Why should I vote for Bush? EDIT [Re: Phred]
    #3110747 - 09/08/04 10:14 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

2) his tax cuts

Couple those with his increased spending, and you've got a BOOMING economy, until our intrest rates soar through the fucking roof, foreign investors become increasingly frustrated and pull out their money, and our economy REALLY crashes. 

But damn, that three hundred dollars went a long way this year..... :rolleyes:

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

#3110788 - 09/08/04 10:20 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Vote for Bush because he is not Kerry, and Kerry is Vietcong loving dickhead of a war criminal!

Just kidding, vote for whichever candidate most represents what you believe in. For me, and I assume many others, that is Libertarian.

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

#3111802 - 09/09/04 01:13 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

"Let me get this straight: You'd rather have a man who stands for the wrong things than someone who doesn't stand for anything? "

Exactly.

I hate pandering politicians. Politicians should run on what THEY believe, and if that's what the people believe, they will win.

Kerry is nothing BUT pandering.

Where Bush stands on an issue is fairly clear, and it's very easy to form arguments opposing his position.

Kerry will just tell you he agrees with you, but more. And then he'll tell the other side the same thing. Who the hell knows what he actually WILL do?

I sure don't. Then again, he'll probably get word public opinion is swinging the other way tomorrow, and do the opposite.

See.. the public? They're a bunch of idiots and wankers, and I believe that the President's opinions should not rest on what his pollsters can convince the public to say.

If the public is strongly against something the President believes in, the best course of action for that President would be to do NOTHING, keep true to his own beliefs, and allow some other President later to address the issue.

Kerry wants to be everything to everybody.. Bush is just Bush. I hate people who try to play me for a chump, and will not be voting for Kerry. I'd rather vote for Al Sharpton -- he's a lot more honest with his views than Kerry.

That aside, Kerry's trying to run on the strength that he's not Bush. What kind of pussy-ass kind of candidate is too afraid to state what he thinks? Cowardly. Cowardly to the furthest reaches of cowardly.

OfflineAhHaHaHa
    #3112656 - 09/09/04 07:58 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Dont forget that Kerry has no economical plan. His best offense is trying to increase the hatred for Bush.

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
    #3112677 - 09/09/04 08:08 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

pinksharkmark said:
1) Bush's policy on how best to deal with those who have declared war (repeatedly) on the US is superior to Kerry's
2) his tax cuts
3) Kerry is such an appallingly stupid man who seems to have less grasp of how things work in the real world than a substantial percentage of the posters in this forum
4) Kerry has no moral character. He's the quintessential "hollow man"
5) Kerry hasn't the strength of will to handle even the stress of a presidential campaign without disintegrating into hissy fits -- there's no way I can see him having the strength to handle far more stressful situations which will have far more ramifications for people other than himself
6) Bush doesn't let himself get distracted by bad press, negative world opinion, personal attacks by just about everyone, opinion polls, etc. He focuses on his obligations instead
pinky

I would agree with that list. I would also agree with Mushmonkey. Bush has substance and resolve. Misguided on some issues? Probably. Backbone and strong will? Absolutely.

To me, tax cuts are good, but they have to be coupled with spending cuts. Everyone seems to like the notion of "smaller government", but nobody has the sack to start cutting the programs. We are a special interest society. I think domestically George Bush is largely a failure.

I am voting for Bush because of the War on Terror. I think it was the right thing to do, and he has made some tough choices. He has the resolve to stick it out. History will reward him for this. I believe that freedom for Iraqis will help change the world. We have made a promise to them, and I belive it is a promise that we should keep.

I would love it if libertarians could rule the world, but in the meantime I will be voting for Bush because of the war.

As far as Kerry goes, I read his 1971 testimony. He sold out the men he fought with for political gain. That is appauling. As a Senator, he accepted funds from the Chinese and sold out our country for political gain. John Forbes Kerry scares me more than any man on earth, because you can't even depend on him to be on our side. George Bush may be an imbecile, but he is at least our imbecile. Right or wrong, he is on our side, and he will fight to defend America.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
    #3112966 - 09/09/04 10:27 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Bush isn't consistent on any of his stances. He said he would renew the assault weapons ban and hes not going to. He said the war in Iraq was about WMDs and now he says its about liberation. He said he didn't believe in nation building and now he does. He said he released all of his military records and come to find out, he didn't. He says hes against big government and out of control spending but he enacted the patriot act and has the largest deficit in history. He said that he would fund No child left behind but he didn't. He said that he wouldn't touch the social security fund but he raided it. He said that he would try diplomatic means and try to build a coalition to confront Iraq and he didn't. He said the Iraq war was going to cost 1.7 billion dollars and in reality it costs 210 billion and going up every day. He said the war was going to be payed for with oil and it isnt. He was in such a rush to go to war, he sent our troops into combat without proper training, supplies, armor, or weaponry.
Bush is a bald faced liar and he changes on almost every issue whether its words spoken or actions taken.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

Edited by 1stimer (09/09/04 10:35 AM)

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
Re: Bush voters: Why should I vote for Bush? EDIT [Re: AhHaHaHa]
    #3113250 - 09/09/04 11:56 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Dont forget that Kerry has no economical plan. His best offense is trying to increase the hatred for Bush.

Kerry will make sure that the corporate criminals will be prosecuted to the fullest extent. Bush says that they should all do 10 years in jail. 10 years is crazy. 10 frikn years. A lot of these guys should be in the slammer for at least 20-30 years minimum. People wont trust the stock market untill they can trust the investment agencies and the corporations of America. The only way that is going to happen is if there is a president in office who uses his power of authority to make sure these people are brought to justice and the corporate scandals of the Bush presidency aren't repeated. For all we know, corporations still may be running a muck. When people start making real money again in the stock market is when the economy will start to grow. This can't happen under a Bush corporate presidency.

John Kerry has said that he plans on lowering taxes for the middle class and rolling back the tax cuts for the top 2%. We all know that small business get to write off a lot of expenditure come tax day anyway.

John Kerry has said that he will try to end the exportation of American jobs. Bush has not even acknowledged the exportation.

John Kerry wants to fund homeland security so we can be safer at the homeland, as opposed to creating even more terrorists overseas by invading countrys pre-emptively. Kerry believes that wars should be fought out of neccessity, not out of desire. If we went around attacking every country that didnt attack us, we wouldnt have enough people or resources to take on all 188 Countries. Bush's policys would result in infinite debt overextending our military and rebuilding other nations.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

Edited by 1stimer (09/10/04 07:40 AM)

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

#3196962 - 09/29/04 06:47 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

bumped for viaggio

--------------------

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

#3196973 - 09/29/04 06:49 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

:lol: Thanks.

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

Re: Bush voters: Why should I vote for Bush? EDIT [Re: Viaggio]
    #3197053 - 09/29/04 07:05 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I'm curious...what attributes, policies, etc do the Bush supporters not like about Bush?

1) I like everything.
2) I simply dislike Kerry more.
3) Well...(insert reasons here).

I'd prefer Bush supporters to reply rather than Kerry supporters. Thanks.

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Re: Bush voters: Why should I vote for Bush? EDIT [Re: Viaggio]
    #3197143 - 09/29/04 07:27 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

-- His imposition of steel tariffs to protect the American steel industry was incredibly stupid. Fortunately, he did eventually revoke it, but not before it hurt the US economy, unnecessarily prolonging the recession he inherited.

-- His gigantic expansion of medicare (free prescription drugs for seniors) was even worse. Socialized medicine arrives in the US. Huge bummer, and probably -- unlike the steel tariffs -- not reversible.

-- His refusal to veto spending bills. To be fair to Bush, a very large number of them were veto-proof, but certainly not all of them were.

-- His amnnesty for illegal aliens. Again, to be fair to Bush, there are no perfect solutions to the illegal immigrant problem. However, condoning illegal behavior sure as hell ain't the best way to deal with it.

-- His insistence on letting Libbie lies go unchallenged. He feels that paying any attention to them is a waste of his time and that intelligent people will see them for what they are. Unfortunately, his overestimation of the intelligence of the average American voter may end up biting him on the ass. And if Kerry ends up winning the election because of this, we'll all end up with bitten asses.

pinky

--------------------

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
    #3197164 - 09/29/04 07:31 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Government spending, war on drugs, immigration, he could do better on land conservation and the environment. I also get irritated that he often does so little to defend himself and address his critics.

I still think he is of stronger character than Kerry and the majority of his policies I agree with more than Kerry's. IMO even though Bush does spin things a bit and evade questions he is far more in touch with reality than alot of Democrats who to me seem overly zealous, inconsistent, juvenile, hypocritical, and unprincipled.

Lot's of people disagree with this, but I prefer a candidate that is light on the bullshit. Although I don't agree with everything Bush has done I find he doesn't talk that much stupid shit. Kerry and the Democrats seem to be ripe with ridiculous and sophmoric claims and statements.
That's not to say I prefer Bush because he is the lesser of two evils, if there were two Kerry's running I wouldn't vote.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #3197187 - 09/29/04 07:34 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I agree with most of Pinky except the immigration and the letting lies stand thing. The lies almost always take care of themselves and the immigration thing is very, very tough. I would definitely add that the god shit drives me nearly over a wall. But then again, they all do it. An atheist's prayer "Dear people, please, just once, let me have someone who doesn't have an imaginary friend run my country."

--------------------

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #3197759 - 09/29/04 09:48 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

of course im not voting for bush...but if i was..my answer would be "because im a nazi fuckhead"...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Re: Bush voters: Why should I vote for Bush? EDIT [Re: Annapurna1]
    #3197943 - 09/29/04 10:29 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Are you saying that even though you are a nazi fuckhead, you choose not to vote for Bush? But I thought Bush = Hitler!

pinky

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order