Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
Bush voters: Why should I vote for Bush? EDIT
    #3110125 - 09/08/04 10:13 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

As the title implies,I'll be voting for Kerry. While I find both canditates faulty,I think four more years under Bush would be absolutely horrible,and since it's going to be a such a close race,I won't waste my vote on a third party this time around.
However,I'm willing to throw my preconcieved notions out the window for a moment. So Bush voters,why should I vote for Bush? Please persuade me a little,hopefully with some facts to back up your position.

I'm hoping for some open minded discussion. Even though the righties have some basic philosophical differences that we'll probably never get around,I'm willing to keep an open mind. I just want to read what other people have to say. PLEASE NO FLAMING OR ARGUEMENTIVE BEHAVIOR OF ANY KIND. If you don't agree with what someone else posts,please use another thread to respond.

So without further ado...why should I vote for Bush?

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Edited by monoamine (09/08/04 10:52 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
Re: Bush voters: Why shouldn't I vote for Kerry? [Re: monoamine]
    #3110163 - 09/08/04 10:20 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

PLEASE NO ARGUEMENTIVE BEHAVIOR OF ANY KIND.

i think youre in the wrong forum.  try the pub :shiftyeyes:

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Re: Bush voters: Why shouldn't I vote for Kerry? [Re: Tao]
    #3110174 - 09/08/04 10:22 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I think we have the ability to try it for one thread,without it getting derailed. But I'm probabaly an optimist.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

OfflineAncalagon
AgnosticLibertarian

#3110209 - 09/08/04 10:29 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

monoamine said:
As the title implies,I'll be voting for Kerry. While I find both canditates faulty,I think four more years under Bush would be absolutely horrible,and since it's going to be a such a close race,I won't waste my vote on a third party this time around.
However,I'm willing to throw my preconcieved notions out the window for a moment. So Bush voters,why should I vote for Bush? Please persuade me a little,hopefully with some facts to back up your position.

I'm hoping for some open minded discussion. Even though the righties have some basic philosophical differences that we'll probably never get around,I'm willing to keep an open mind. I just want to read what other people have to say. PLEASE NO FLAMING OR ARGUEMENTIVE BEHAVIOR OF ANY KIND. If you don't agree with what someone else posts,please use another thread to respond.

So without further ado...why should I vote for Bush?

I know this isn't what you are looking for, but given that you live in Florida, and assuming(please correct me if I'm wrong) you are vehemently against the War in Iraq and additional US Military adventurism, I think it would behoove you to vote for a candidate like Ralph Nader. To vote for John Kerry sends the message to those in Washington that you approve of the quest for Empire that each party continues to pursue...they will not see your vote as a 'lesser of two evils' vote. To do what is right and vote for a candidate you truly respect and agree(for the most part) with, you have to accept a premise: the differences between a Bush Administration and a potential Kerry administration are few and far between, to say the very least. Granting this, you must now be willing to risk your preferred 'lesser of two evils' candidate, in this case Kerry, for the chance that the difference between the Bush and Kerry vote totals will be less than the total vote total of Ralph Nader(as it will undoubtedly be), which will therefore FORCE the Democrats to shift away from the interventionist foreign policy it currently employs.

...Or you can vote Libertarian!

--------------------
?When Alexander the Great visted the philosopher Diogenes and asked whether he could do anything for him, Diogenes is said to have replied: 'Yes, stand a little less between me and the sun.' It is what every citizen is entitled to ask of his government.?
-Henry Hazlitt in 'Economics in One Lesson'

InvisibleGreat_Satan
prophet of God
 User Gallery

#3110235 - 09/08/04 10:33 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Vote for Bush to get revenge against all the Bush bashers.

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Bush voters: Why shouldn't I vote for Kerry? [Re: Great_Satan]
    #3110243 - 09/08/04 10:34 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

What are you gonna do, ed1? Come bomb everyone who called Bush a monkey? :smirk:

--------------------
BTC - 1KqrSHZ1C3NsQP4g3PkHhppBnhdgyXr6sB

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Re: Bush voters: Why shouldn't I vote for Kerry? [Re: Ancalagon]
    #3110303 - 09/08/04 10:45 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Not a bad response,but I'm looking more for why I should vote for Bush instead of why I shouldn't vote for Kerry.

--------------------
Douglas Adams

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #3110316 - 09/08/04 10:47 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Uhhh...cuz freedom is overrated?  :shrug:

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #3110324 - 09/08/04 10:48 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

monoamine said:
Not a bad response,but I'm looking more for why I should vote for Bush instead of why I shouldn't vote for Kerry.

That makes this a very hard question to answer.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Re: Bush voters: Why shouldn't I vote for Kerry? [Re: z@z.com]
    #3110353 - 09/08/04 10:53 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I messed up the wording so I changed it from "Why shouldn't I vote for Kerry?" to "Why should I vote for Bush?"

--------------------
Douglas Adams

OfflineAhHaHaHa
there issomething on myshoulder
Loc: upon the east
    #3110461 - 09/08/04 11:15 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I am an idependent and I probably wont vote because I dont care. But if I did it would be for Bush. I lean towards Bush because so far he has stuck to his plan, not flip flopping on major issues. He has moral values, that I like. I agree with his position on the war. I have seen, first hand, what goes on behind the scenes in those countries and it is a lot worse than the media portrays it. I liked his tax refund, thing. I am not at all wealthy but I think people should get what they work for. I know the economy might not be well in some opinion, but that is what to be expected in a time of war. He says he will keep me safe and I believe him, because he took action against al-qaeda and Hussein. If I were called up to fight for my country I would gladly die because I enjoy being free and having my say and I know those people in Iraq and Afghanistan enjoy there freedom from tyrannical rule. I dont believe in weapons of mass destruction and I think anyone who is open in saying they produce them should be held accountable. All these beliefs I have in common with Bush. But if we were not in any present danger I might support a Democratic candidate for the economy, just not John Kerry.

Also he doesnt support gay marriage, that I dont agree with him on because gays are not hurting anyone and I dont care about them just as long as I dont see them all over each other in the park and have to explain to my young children why they cant have children.

Also he doesnt support partial birth abortion and niether do I. I dont think people should make that kind of decision, whether there child lives or dies while he is being born.

InvisibleCRAZYFUKR
STRANGER THANSTRANGE

Loc: SOUTHLAND
Re: Bush voters: Why shouldn't I vote for Kerry? [Re: AhHaHaHa]
    #3110514 - 09/08/04 11:26 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

you make too much sense to not care. if you truly dont care, why are you in a political forum? please rethink your position and do your civic duty man. taking part makes it much more exciting.

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

#3110626 - 09/08/04 11:49 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

"I am an idependent and I probably wont vote because I dont care. But if I did it would be for Bush. I lean towards Bush because so far he has stuck to his plan, not flip flopping on major issues"

For the love of whatever vote! I'm actually registering this year :o because i f e a r a Kerry presidency.

Bush.. well here's the thing.
With the Republicans in power, fewer horrible laws are passed than with Democrats in power.
Therefor I will vote for Bush. I do NOT agree with all of his policies, I do not agree with his religious beliefs, I do not agree with his stance on drug issues, I do not agree with his position on stem cell research or abortion.

However, I'm pretty damned sure that tomorrow, he'll stand by those beliefs.

Kerry? What's his stance on anything? The only thing I've picked up from him is that he'd do everything like Bush has.. but he'd "do it better!"
The exact details of exactly how he could do anything better are never mentioned.

Kerry simply won't take a stance. He's trying to be too clever, trying to stay neutral so as to not alienate any voters, and goddamnit I don't want a fucking wishy-washy pansy in office, I want someone who will TAKE a stand, choose his territory and piss on it so we know it's his, and defend it vehemently.

Vote for Bush because he will be a strong President, even if you don't agree with everything he does.
Strong Presidents are always better than weak Presidents.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: Bush voters: Why shouldn't I vote for Kerry? [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #3110672 - 09/09/04 12:01 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Let me get this straight: You'd rather have a man who stands for the wrong things than someone who doesn't stand for anything?

--------------------

InvisibleCRAZYFUKR
STRANGER THANSTRANGE

Re: Bush voters: Why shouldn't I vote for Kerry? [Re: silversoul7]
    #3110682 - 09/09/04 12:04 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

wrong to you doesnt mean wrong to everyone. at least he stands for something.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: Bush voters: Why shouldn't I vote for Kerry? [Re: CRAZYFUKR]
    #3110693 - 09/09/04 12:06 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

He specifically mentioned positions of the Bush administration he disagreed with, and then said, "However, I'm pretty damned sure that tomorrow, he'll stand by those beliefs." I just found it curious that someone would find comfort in that.

--------------------

OfflineAhHaHaHa
there issomething on myshoulder
Loc: upon the east
Re: Bush voters: Why shouldn't I vote for Kerry? [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #3110697 - 09/09/04 12:06 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I think I dont care because I want to be logical and except every posssibility and I dont want to take sides. Taking a side and standing against a point of view seems illogical to me. I fear if I take a side I might fall into the radical secularism of the left, or the hard headed right. Please dont hate me for stating my point of view. I view capatalism as greedy, but it is the best damn way to go about organizing a society; because it feeds on one of the most present human emotions. I feel if I vote I will support that greed. But, I think I will vote this time for Bush because I dont want to see this well organized nation go to hell.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#3110705 - 09/09/04 12:08 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I dont want to see this well organized nation go to hell.

Too late

--------------------

InvisibleCRAZYFUKR
STRANGER THANSTRANGE

Re: Bush voters: Why shouldn't I vote for Kerry? [Re: silversoul7]
    #3110707 - 09/09/04 12:08 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

his point being that he will stand for what he stood for then, tomorrow. that is actually a good quality whether you agree with him or not he atleast stands for something and sticks to it. thats all.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: Bush voters: Why shouldn't I vote for Kerry? [Re: CRAZYFUKR]
    #3110719 - 09/09/04 12:09 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

If someone stands for something I oppose, I'd rather they not stick with it. Changing your mind is a highly underrated quality.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Political Discussion