Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAhHaHaHa
there issomething on myshoulder
Loc: upon the east
dry jars
    #3108414 - 09/08/04 02:15 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I used the rye tek with tyvek filters. I fear my jars are drying out. Should I add a cc of water, maybe with a little Karo?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: dry jars [Re: AhHaHaHa]
    #3108855 - 09/08/04 03:58 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

What rye tek did you use and how long has it been?

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineAhHaHaHa
there issomething on myshoulder
Loc: upon the east
Re: dry jars [Re: Magash]
    #3109064 - 09/08/04 04:36 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I used yours in hopes of getting the same results. I did the jars on Monday. I have two holes in the lid with tyvek. I didnt add any water to the jars when I was putting the rye in from the simmer pot. I can just barely see some water condensing near the top of some jars, I mean like three. The grain seems dry to me, however it sort of resembles the grain in your picture. I fear that the heat in my incubating chamber may be drying the grain. And I used all of my spores from my last grow. My last grow with grain wasnt so great in colonzation either, that is why I tried your tek.

Offlinericelicker
The Dude'sImaginary Friend

Loc: The Yard
    #3109088 - 09/08/04 04:42 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Dude has been slowly starting Magash's rye tek, only did a small batch to start. But noticed that a few days after innoc. that the rye seems exceptionally dry. Followed the rye prep to the t. Jars are closed so tight, I don't understand how any water moisture can escape.

--------------------
"my brain waves travel at half the speed afta we..." -del tha funkee

"Two men looked out through prison bars...one saw the mud, one saw the stars." -anonymous

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
    #3109544 - 09/08/04 06:04 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

AhHaHaHa said:
I used the rye tek with tyvek filters. I fear my jars are drying out. Should I add a cc of water, maybe with a little Karo?

Don't add any karo. If you left enough room in the jars you might get away with adding water. If you can't shake the jars around well then the water won't do much good.

-FF

OfflineHeffy
BrauMeister
 User Gallery

Loc: International Traveller
Re: dry jars [Re: fastfred]
    #3110009 - 09/08/04 07:43 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

It can take a while. I have some rye jars that took almost a week before I noticed any myc. just be patient.

OfflineSpudz76
Got mycelium on the brain...
Male

#3112205 - 09/09/04 02:55 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Rye innoc works much faster if you use live mycelium rather than spores (any of the liquid culture teks or G2G or even knock off a little chunk of a clean cake and toss it in). Spores can take quite some time to kick off with grains, but once they do it should be fast to colonize.

What strain?

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #3112610 - 09/09/04 07:35 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

The jars will often look dry if the grain hasen't shrunk it's fine. I don't add water to the jars while PCing. My best results come from rye that looks dry. Dry rye has the look of a dried up rice kernal, the grain pretty much gets small again and hard as plastic.
If the jars have only 3/8 inch holes they are not gonna dry in a few days unless you are keeping the jars in the palm springs sand

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds