Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineI2ancid
josh hartnett,movie star actor
 User Gallery

Loc: psycholand
The Loop
    #3108075 - 09/08/04 12:57 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

The loop. It can be experienced on a variety of substances, most notably tryptamines, only at extreme doses though.

I've attempted to understand what the loop is for years. It haunted me and struck fear in me for years everytime I remembered what it was like. After it occured I've noticed extra-sensory capabilities, knowing and seeing things in people and an understanding the basic link all religions share. I can't even watch a movie like aladin, or the matrix, or donnie darko without freaking out at what I am understanding.

The messages being articulated in form of a story, or metaphores causes flashbacks to "the truth" I experienced. The bible also causes flashbacks to the truth as does bhuddism. I have concluded over time that I am not alone in what I experienced, that there are people out there who have experienced this enlightenment and everything they do causes me to remember the truth again.

Here is a recall that has taken me a long, very long time to remember, before all I could do was attempt to explain how intense this awakening was through common ways such as "listen, I experienced something BIG" noone else I talked to would understand what I meant by "big" though.

When it happens there is a distinct PULL, a pull of your soul outwards of your body, a sense of dejavu immeditaly fills your thoughts and panic and fear encompasses every fragment of your imagination. You know what is happening, its crystal clear that you are being taken into the loop, the loop is a spiral of souls revolving around all stuck together as one consciousness yet still somehow seperate, all experiencing multiple levels of pain and sorrow, seemingly sharing anguish. it goes around, and around like a spiral of consciousness, a trap that you were warned about.

You recall all the times you were warned and you see how you were warned. When you enter the loop you are there for eternity. There is no escape and you know there isen't, this is what causes the imense anguish, you cannot warn your family, you cannot warn your friends who too, are headed to the loop. All I could do was scream "LOOP" sending out an echo of despair as everyone else there did.

I remember somehow escaping, I'm not sure how or why I was able to do so but what I brought back with me was a knowledge that is still hidden inside of me that is brought out little by little by others who too have experienced what I experienced.

The loop is eternity, it goes around, and around, it will never stop. You forget where you are but then you remember and right when you remember what you're caught in, you also remember you're going to forget and start it all over again until you can escape.

This is what the bhuddist wheel of reincarnation described, which I read after this experience, as I read it, I had a flashback that caused a breakdown in me because of how I remembered the experience in detail.

Anyone have any comments or experienced like this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMuppet
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (523) 327-2836
Re: The Loop [Re: I2ancid]
    #3108129 - 09/08/04 01:10 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

that reminds me of the 'vortex' I've experienced on extremely high doses of DXM - a sort of purply swirly wirlpool of death, which is somehow beyond death, and (from the best I can discern anyway) appears to be a sort of spiritual trash compactor that breaks souls down into their most basic components, and then scatters 'their' energy throughout the cosmos where 'they' become a sort of primordial ooze that'll eventually build it's way back up to higher organisms, thereby giving them the opportunity to choose a new path for themselves (and hopefully avoid the vortex in this new 'life' of theirs)

Thus Spake Muppet

--------------------

:craven:  Ravings of a Madman  :craven:

OfflineI2ancid
 User Gallery

Re: The Loop [Re: Muppet]
    #3108174 - 09/08/04 01:17 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, that is a great explanation of what I experienced.

OfflineUnderTheRose
    #3108212 - 09/08/04 01:25 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

The Beatles "All you need is love" :
Often "love" is pronounced with a "p" instead of a "v" creating a sound which is very close to "loop":
"All you need is [knowledge of] loop"

Madonna has at least one song with love being sung as loop:
Cherish:
... Cherish my love
is sung as: Cherish my loop
Also:
... Cherish your strength
is sung as: Cherish your strait [the experience of the loop is also somewhat like being thrust through a strait]

And there are quite many other songs with this characteristic...

OfflineI2ancid
 User Gallery

Re: The Loop [Re: UnderTheRose]
    #3108387 - 09/08/04 02:07 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I think the reason certain artists are such hits is because they articulate their experiences giving hints of truth that the listeners grasp, and somehow know what they're explaining is important.

OfflineI2ancid
 User Gallery

#3108390 - 09/08/04 02:08 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

For example, TOOL. Their music causes flashbacks in me greatly, the first time I heard lateralis I had to throw off the headphones because I was recalling the "truth" and it scared me greatly.

You get a hint at something great that they're trying to explain. That's why its called tool, it really is a tool.

Edited by I2ancid (09/08/04 02:10 PM)

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: The Loop [Re: UnderTheRose]
    #3108410 - 09/08/04 02:15 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

What about Fruit Loops? :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineSource
Remainder of anUnbalancedEquation
Male

Loc: Outer Darkness
    #3108929 - 09/08/04 04:12 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, I've experienced that before. There is a kind of realization like, "holy shit! We're all caught in a trap!"

Notice that in Buddhist depictions of the wheel, it is being held by a demon?

There is a glimmer of hope though. Outside the wheel an avatar of compassion watches and offers help to those ready to escape. Desire, hatred and delusion cause the wheel to turn. It is these that must be overcome to find liberation.

--------------------
What you're searching for is what's searching.

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

Re: The Loop [Re: deff]
    #3109022 - 09/08/04 04:28 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

ahhh, Fruit Loops, the ultimate truth

--------------------

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Re: The Loop [Re: jux]
    #3109029 - 09/08/04 04:30 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

follow your third nose

--------------------

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

Re: The Loop [Re: deff]
    #3109050 - 09/08/04 04:34 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Silly rabbit, trix is where it's at
tucan sam can keep his mystic third nostril

--------------------

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Re: The Loop [Re: jux]
    #3109059 - 09/08/04 04:35 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Snap crackle enlightenment!

:laugh:

--------------------

OfflineTimeTraveler
Another

Loc: I'm right here.
    #3109627 - 09/08/04 06:22 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Haha, the serious posters (ones not somehow relating spirituality to breakfast cereal) are really flipping me out with this loop talk. To me it sounds like what my concept of pergatory is...Where you are kind of in between life and the afterlife, being punished for your "sins", which in my opinion translates to a person who is dead, but wishes they were alive and is not yet ready to transcend the physical plane into the realm of the spirit.

The loop that you describe is rather horrifying...It must be a burden for you (original poster) to have glimpses into this loop every time any minor catalyst reminds you of it. What do you think one could do to stay away from such a place?

--------------------
The air is cut with cyanide.

OfflineSource
Remainder of anUnbalancedEquation
Male

Loc: Outer Darkness
Re: The Loop [Re: TimeTraveler]
    #3109704 - 09/08/04 06:38 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

TimeTraveler said:What do you think one could do to stay away from such a place?

According to buddhists, you're already in it  :laugh: !

--------------------
What you're searching for is what's searching.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #3109854 - 09/08/04 07:11 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

this was a very interesting read.

my question to you is why does your ego respond to it in panic or fear?

aren't these the SAME qualities that would keep us further trapped in this loop?

is it the loop making you feel this way, or is it you making yourself feel this way?

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3110287 - 09/08/04 08:42 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Amazing, thank you for writing this. After my strongest trip, I saw th loop everywhere I looked. It was maddening, but all I could do was accept.

OfflineI2ancid
 User Gallery

Re: The Loop [Re: MOTH]
    #3111868 - 09/09/04 01:24 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I responded in fear when remembering it because I remembered the full extent of my suffering and despair. You learn the meaning of life, the meaning of life is a trap, and then you forget, then you remember again, realize its a trap and also realize that you've been in it forever and will be in it forever and that you're going to forget soon and relive it all the way through until you remember again, and over and over it happens.

Edited by I2ancid (09/09/04 01:27 AM)

OfflineElfWizard
Wizard
Loc: The middle,Outside,nowher...
    #3112010 - 09/09/04 01:54 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Yes I know this loop and know of it you have allready taken a step to moveing past it. Shure you'll be traped in it Forever I was/am/will but forever is not as long as you might think for I am allso Free of that loop just as you are buy seeing it and know it is there how ever I must point out that loop is not eternity or else it would not be a loop it would be eternity a loop has finite parts that make it a loop and that one is a heavy one weighed down by those emotions you tied to it. I like to think of it as the ocean if you panic and thrash you only make things worse and end up being draged down but should you relax and Float you find you are lighter then the water around you (have you been truely happy or in love and noticed that light feeling you get like you could float away)

*Quote*  When it happens there is a distinct PULL, a pull of your soul outwards of your body, a sense of dejavu immeditaly fills your thoughts and panic and fear encompasses every fragment of your imagination.  you feel the pull then you panic and it "spirals" out of control not that you could prob help it at the time but now you can you Know of/about it you have more stregnth since then you KNOW you can escape wich makes you stronger then the "loop" and you need to rember this and hold onto it as you grow and soon you won't even need that as a life jacket but you are beginig to "swim" as it where and it can be easy to panic its scary at first especialy since it sounds like you ended up in a deep part :smile:  Knowing a trap is there is the first part in avoiding it. Knowing what the trap does is the second.

Invisiblemr crisper

Re: The Loop [Re: Muppet]
    #3112470 - 09/09/04 06:25 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

that reminds me of the 'vortex'

vortex made me think -
instead of loop, view things/time/change as spiral. each time it is a little different.
there is progress, the rate of progress depends upon your learning curve.

OfflineThe_Visionaire
Torch

Loc: Indra's Net
    #3112614 - 09/09/04 07:36 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I also experienced the loop. It was driving me mad that I couldn't grasp the true nature of it though. I somehow realized that, if I did grasp the true nature of this loop, I would die.

Of course, on a good dose of psilocybin the meaning of the word "die" is not the same as the mundane interpretation of it. It signified more of a transformation. If I were to understand the loop, I would never be the same again, hence the old me would die.

"To reach the kingdom of heaven you'll have to die unto yourself"
-J.C.

Philosophically contemplated I can't see how this loop can be trancended though, since there is nothing outside the wheel.

Perhaps one could reach the core of the spinning-wheel, but that would also mean self-annihilation (but also omnipresence) and nothingness (but also being) as there would really be no reference points from which to operate...

I think that energy with a complex meaning-structure must be more valuable than the primordial core of raw energy at the centre of the wheel. If this raw undifferentiated energy is the only alternative to the loop... well that sucks!

Maybe there is a world outside the wheel though...? but thats blind fatih.

--------------------
There are no differences between men and gods,
one blends softly causal into the other.
-Frank Herbert, Dune.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate