Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineeuphoria420
NORML
Loc: police state
Pinning on sides of Casing
    #3108510 - 09/08/04 04:43 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I forgot to cover the sides of my translucent container w/ tape to keep light from hitting the sides of the casing. There are hundreds of tiny mushrooms forming. I remember reading that they will rot and possible contaminate the casing. I have since covered the sides with a black trash bag and tape. Should I let them grow or try to remove them? :mushroom2:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
Re: Pinning on sides of Casing [Re: euphoria420]
    #3108881 - 09/08/04 06:02 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

You don't need to do any preemptive removal on the ones you can get to, unfortunately its the ones say at the bottom that won't be picked when mature/aborted that are going to cause you trouble and rot.

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: Pinning on sides of Casing [Re: euphoria420]
    #3109461 - 09/08/04 07:50 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Try to remove them. They are easier to remove if you let them get a little bigger first. You have to remove them when they quit growing of they will rot.

-FF

OfflineShaqAttack
JarHead

Loc: Armpit of the North East
Re: Pinning on sides of Casing [Re: fastfred]
    #3111381 - 09/09/04 01:55 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I had the same problem and didn't know what to do. I took the substrate out of the container and put it on top of some sterlized vermiculite on top of a flat tray and then put some sterileized vermiculite on the top of the substrate. The sides of the substarte are exposed straw, poo, wbs. I did this becuase I didn't have any pinning out of the top and there was a ton of them growing out of the sides. I have the whole thing in a rubbermaid container with pearlit in it. It seems to be doing well. It hasn't finished yet so I can't determine a final verdict yet!!!

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Pinning on sides of Casing [Re: ShaqAttack]
    #3112961 - 09/09/04 12:25 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

ShaqAttack said:
I had the same problem and didn't know what to do. I took the substrate out of the container and put it on top of some sterlized vermiculite on top of a flat tray and then put some sterileized vermiculite on the top of the substrate. The sides of the substarte are exposed straw, poo, wbs.  I did this becuase I didn't have any pinning out of the top and there was a ton of them growing out of the sides. I have the whole thing in a rubbermaid container with pearlit in it. It seems to be doing well. It hasn't finished yet so I can't determine a final verdict yet!!!

That was exactly what I was going to suggest!  :tongue:  :thumbup: Thats an excellent example of when to flatcake them and I always suggest double ending them too BTW.  :thumbup:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation