Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Another Kerry self-inflicted wound
    #3102529 - 09/07/04 09:22 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Thirty-seven days it's been now since Kerry's handlers have allowed him to take any substantive questions from a press interviewer. And with good reason. Kerry dodged a bullet this time, but only because there are few Americans who bother to read the UK press, and the likelihood of any of the American mainstream media reporting this is slim to none:

The setting - amid the clipped lawns and painted fences of middle America - should have been perfect for his rebranded message. Mr Kerry must have made thousands of such stops in his long political career, yet even his supporters conceded that for all their hopes of a new dawn, he still lacked the passion that is the hallmark of Mr Bush's campaigning.

When he stepped on to the porch and greeted the family of the owner, a local trade unionist, he crossed his hands in front of him, looking distinctly awkward in his blazer and dark shirt.

Mr Bush's campaign staff will have loved his opening comments, praising the limited menu of a local cafe. Mr Kerry said it was perfect "for confused people like me who can't make up our minds about what we're going to eat" - words which would fit perfectly into a pro-Bush attack ad.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jht.../07/ixhome.html

pinky

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Another Kerry self-inflicted wound [Re: Phred]
    #3102578 - 09/07/04 09:42 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

> Mr Kerry said it was perfect "for confused people like me who can't make up our minds about what we're going to eat"

Yet another reminder that no matter who we vote for we are going to end up with an idiot in charge... *sigh*

(maybe Kerry doesn't fit the definition of idiot as closely as Bush does, but my point here is that America and the world loose regardless of which bonehead gets elected...)

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Re: Another Kerry self-inflicted wound [Re: Seuss]
    #3102600 - 09/07/04 09:49 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

It's not so much that Kerry is an idiot. I personally don't believe he is an idiot at all. He is, however, a hollow man. There's nothing there apart from raw ambition and thin-skinned pettiness.

pinky

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #3102633 - 09/07/04 09:58 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Any chance you'll post an anti-Bush tirade pink?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
    #3102638 - 09/07/04 10:00 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

He was just trying to be friendly.  Also he was trying to be self-effacing.  It's alright.  Mr. Bush probably would've said something like this:
"I'm glad the menu was so limited because people like myself have a difficult time figuring out what to eat also I am a stupid jerkoff who likes going to war for no reason."

:penis:

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #3102645 - 09/07/04 10:01 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

> He is, however, a hollow man.

Much better description... I knew idiot wasn't the word I wanted, but couldn't think up anything better on short notice...

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Another Kerry self-inflicted wound [Re: Xlea321]
    #3103716 - 09/07/04 02:41 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Alex123 said:
Any chance you'll post an anti-Bush tirade pink?

Any chance you'll not attempt to derail a thread?

Besides, you start enough anti Bush threads for 10 people.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineAncalagon
AgnosticLibertarian

#3105178 - 09/07/04 07:15 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Hah.

http://www.drudgereport.com/dncg.htm

KERRY COSPONSORED BILL BANNING GUN HE WAVES

Was Dem presidential hopeful John Kerry seen this weekend waving a gun which would have been banned if legislation he co-sponsored became law?

Kerry co-sponsored S. 1431 last year (?The Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2003) which would have banned a "semiautomatic shotgun that has a pistol grip.?

Opponents of the bill successfully argued how nearly all guns have "pistol grips," inluding millions of Browning Auto-5 shotguns produced since 1903.

Photos show Kerry's hand resting on the "pistol grip," as loosely defined in the bill. [Section SEC. 2; (H) (ii) and (b)(42): "The term 'pistol grip' means a grip, a thumbhole stock, or any other characteristic that can function as a grip."]

Kerry was presented with the semiautomatic shotgun during a Labor Day stop in Racine, West Virginia.

"I thank you for the gift, but I can't take it to the debate with me," Kerry told a cheering crowd as he held up the device.

But Kerry's gun bill would have also banned any "gift" transaction!

[It is not clear if Kerry completed the required paperwork (Form 4473) before he claimed the gun.]

--------------------
?When Alexander the Great visted the philosopher Diogenes and asked whether he could do anything for him, Diogenes is said to have replied: 'Yes, stand a little less between me and the sun.' It is what every citizen is entitled to ask of his government.?
-Henry Hazlitt in 'Economics in One Lesson'

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
    #3105422 - 09/07/04 08:04 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Hollow and shameless. It is hard to believe anyone thought this was a good idea to have him run.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Another Kerry self-inflicted wound [Re: Ancalagon]
    #3107632 - 09/08/04 10:31 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I hate this guy but I don't think the report is correct about the banning. Every rifle or gun I own has a stock like that. It's only a "pistol grip" if the shoulder part is removed. Most reporters are totally clueless about weaponry.

--------------------

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Another Kerry self-inflicted wound [Re: zappaisgod]
    #3107761 - 09/08/04 11:25 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said: Most reporters are totally clueless about weaponry.

Most leftists are as well.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Re: Another Kerry self-inflicted wound [Re: Evolving]
    #3107793 - 09/08/04 11:34 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I hereby nominate you director of the Department of Redundancy Department.

pinky

--------------------

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #3107860 - 09/08/04 11:59 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Does it pay well?

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Another Kerry self-inflicted wound [Re: Evolving]
    #3107873 - 09/08/04 12:05 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Twice what it should

--------------------

Offlinethieverycorp
Stranger

Loc: Texas
    #3108018 - 09/08/04 12:42 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

growing up hunting here in Texas, we(my family friends and I) always called that part of the stock the "pistol grip" when being instructed to fire a rifle we were told, if, like me, we were right handed, to put our index finger in the trigger guard with our other 3 fingers on the front side of the "pistol grip," our thumb over the top of the stock with the tip hanging off the other side...
I don't know if that's the technical term, but that's what we called it...

--------------------

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: Another Kerry self-inflicted wound [Re: thieverycorp]
    #3108047 - 09/08/04 12:50 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

The shotgun he is holding does not have a pistol grip. At least not the legal definition of a pistol grip. The BATF uses this definition "pistol grip protruding conspicuously beneath the stock".

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
    #3108653 - 09/08/04 03:14 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
I hate this guy but I don't think the report is correct about the banning. Every rifle or gun I own has a stock like that. It's only a "pistol grip" if the shoulder part is removed. Most reporters are totally clueless about weaponry.

That isn't true about the shoulder part being removed. The AR-15's and their many offshoots have "pistol grips", one of the things that was banned in the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban. I think that the ban allowed "Assault weapons" to maintain only three out of a list of 10-15 characteristics of an assault weapon. A flash suppressor, pistol grip, bayonet lugs, detachable magazine, a few others that I can't think of. If it's got a grip that fits into your hand ,even if the shoulder stock is still present, it's legally considered, and consider by myself (an avid shooter) to be a "pistol grip"

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Another Kerry self-inflicted wound [Re: retread]
    #3108682 - 09/08/04 03:21 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

But they ALL have a pistol grip. I've never seen one without it. Even the exotic 22 target models have a p-grip with a hole in them for your thumb. That's what that shotgun looks like to me, anyway.

--------------------

Offlinethieverycorp
Stranger

Loc: Texas
    #3108721 - 09/08/04 03:30 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I've seen a bunch of guns, rifles and shotguns both, without holes for the thumb...

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Another Kerry self-inflicted wound [Re: thieverycorp]
    #3108761 - 09/08/04 03:41 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Oy. No my point is that they all have the little down protruding part of the stock just behind the trigger that gives it a pistol feel. It's so your hand doesn't flatten out on the stock. Check your guns and see if it's not so.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale