Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Appreciation.
    #3107728 - 09/08/04 11:15 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

For the past several months i've been so busy with work and my head has been so cloudy I completely lost myself. But everyday I come in here and read the work you guys are doing and it inspires me. I haven't been able to contribute as much research lately due to the lack of my free time, but now that I think about it this type of research goes hand in hand with the line of work I am in.

You have rekindled my interest in this field and inspired me to restart my research.
I will begin by tearing through my old notes on active species and their constituents then slowly making my way around the merck index to gather information on said chemicals.. Maybe writing a nice detailed article regarding extraction methods and solubility of each plant.. Its tedious work but a good reference.

I also want to thank my fellow moderator, Neuro, for cleaning up the \/\/\/ Free seed thread. I think that the fact he had all of you get involved and help create the guidelines was a very noble thing to do. I'm not sure if you know this but the fact that he restarted the thread (upon your request) really pissed off Chrome Crow, the one who made the first one. Chrome Crow doesn't post here much anymore, I always liked the guy and was suprised to see him getting so worked up .

I like the fact that when I come in here there are a lot of posts of YOUR work and research rather than just a bunch of posts of easily answered questions that could be found by a simple search. You guys help keep this forum flowing with maturity and proffesional attitude.

I think in this post you guys should share your ambitions for this forum. For instance, I would really like to see more informative posts. Tell us what you know because I'm eager to learn. I also want to see more posts on Natural Products and Natural product creation.. We aren't restricted to just psychoactive plants.. Tell us how to make rope from Argimony/hemp dogbane. Tell us how to how you can make tiki torches from mullien stocks, tell us how you like to decorate your house with large shoots of Cat Tail... Lets enhance each others lives through sharing information about plants, just as plants have enhanced our lives by giving us the gift of foods, medicines, and other goods to influence the wellness of living.

Anyways, I have work to do.. Research, Extractions, Creative brain storming ... I'll be sure to keep you guys updated on how the amazing world of nature is shaping my reality so that it may do the same to yours!

Good luck and keep on growing!

:jammingout: ethnogarden rocks.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Appreciation. [Re: Aneglakya]
    #3107814 - 09/08/04 11:40 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
you guys are doing a great job odding this forum!
:heart: :heart: :heart:

Anonymous

#3107834 - 09/08/04 11:51 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Ethnobotanical Garden is the best, always the first forum I visit. Keep up the awesome work Aneglakya and Neuro! :rasta:

Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

#3107842 - 09/08/04 11:54 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Thank you Aneglakya for helping me out on numerous occasions, you really are a very intelligent person. :laugh: :thumbup: :smile: :sun:

As for things I would like to see more of...I really like your Natural Products idea, but I would also like to see more grow logs.  They have an entire grow log section but they are really only for mushrooms, or only people who are growing mushrooms post there, I don't know, either way I would like to see grow logs of all different kinds of plants (they don't have to be psychoactive, if they are pretty, post them).  I will be growing many plants starting this winter (cactus + Salvia, but come spring time that's when I bust out the big garden full of who knows what) and will probably make a couple of grow logs, but that won't be for some time.

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
    #3108014 - 09/08/04 12:41 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Aneglakya said:
:jammingout: ethnogarden rocks.

You bet!
I've learned so many interesting things since i started hanging out here.

You mods, and lots of regulars have such an impressive knowledge base on plant cultivation, pharmacology, etc...

When i had to stop growing mushrooms, i started having less and less interest in reading and posting on the shroomery. I didn't post for like a year or something. All you ethnogarden people were (and are) the ones who made me start coming again and kept me interested in this community.

I dunno about ambitions, i like the forum as it is :biggrin:. Would be nice to have the forum cover other interesting topics as well, of course!

So as everyone is sending in their appreciation, i'll join in and send mine as well!
Thank ya people!  :heart:

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
Re: Appreciation. [Re: esin]
    #3108062 - 09/08/04 12:54 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

yea what esin said :smile:

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #3108308 - 09/08/04 01:49 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i like it too.  best forum i ever visit.  in fact its always the first place i look at here, almost the only one usually.  i like everything here.  i love the cactus id's for some reason.

Aneg.  dunno how you say you havnt been doing much.  everytime i come here you have gone beyond answering the question.  there a quite a few really msart people here that do great jobs ansersing questions, specially you and neuro.

anyway the thing si would liek to see are pretty mucht the same things as you guys.  especially grow logs.  not so much weed as that is easy to grow and there are growing guides/logs everywhere imaginable.  more the other more uncommons.  i really like mystic chamans thread with the basic dexcriptions of all his stuff and pics.  that is one of my favorite threads.

i would also liek to read more about medicinal plants and their native habitats and such.  my favorite part about horticulture is talking/reading to the people who have it around where they live. i learn so much more knowing about their native, or introduced, habitat.

untill just right now when i read this i didnt think any other plants were supposed to be talked about.  i always thought it had to be about active plants.  forum jsut got better knowing that!

too bad chrom didnt like it.  i thought his idea was a great one.  it REALLY seemed to boost the forum a bit and get people mingling with each other a little more.  im glad it was redone.  there were too many non trading posts in it.  just needed a clean up, but i would imagine that would be a lot of work.

anyway great job all, best place on the shroomery hands down! :thumbup:

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Invisibleentheoindole
Seāð Wīdfarend
 User Gallery

Loc: Eormensyll, Vīnland
    #3108863 - 09/08/04 04:00 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I spent alot of time on other forums before I found this one. They all seemed to be a bit stuffy and elitest to me. Don't get me wrong; there are some great people on the other entheo-forums but you guys are much more accepting here! I've met some great people here who are willing to help in a heart beat. Aneglakya thanks for the great Pedro!

OfflineOpenminded
Dicotyledon

Loc: England.
Re: Appreciation. [Re: kadakuda]
    #3108923 - 09/08/04 04:11 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

For me, this is the last forum I visit when I log in. I quickly read through the others, and then when that's finished I can relax in my favourite place, the garden :smile:.

I'd love to see more posts on other plants with folklore behind them, not necessarily active plants, but plants that were believed to have powers, for protection for example. And more on the traditional practices in which the plants were used. I hope to be able to contribute some info of this kind during the Christmas holidays, because next term at uni I will be trawling through the library to try and get some interesting material.

But I agree, the garden is amazing, well done to everyone who posts in it for making it so great!
:thumbup: :thumbup:

InvisibleLazerouth
Drunkard

Loc: England
    #3109267 - 09/08/04 05:15 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

This is a great place to learn about plants and hopefully pass some knowledge on to others. It's the only reason I come to this site nowadays.

Personally I'd like to see more research into lesser known and undiscovered ethnos. Sharing pics is always great fun as well.

OfflineMystiq_Shaman
x.o.

Loc: North Calotte
    #3111560 - 09/09/04 12:23 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

this is a awesome forum. i love it here, i love all of you :smile: people help eachother out here with seeds and cuttings and so on.

im looking forward to years to come with debate and contribute as best as I can to this forum, im here to stay you can count on that :wink:

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #3111810 - 09/09/04 01:14 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I plan to share alot more now that I will no longer be poor :grin:
I can buy a camera and more supplies, I am qutie happy with all the  things I have done with little to no money though.

And when I think about it, this is my fav shroomery forum to , followed by mushroom cultivation , grow logs and pics,and ....gourmet and medicinal mushrooms.

After I save up some cash I am sure I will be posting my own music in the music forum, but the entheogen forum is a shroomery gem.

I like helping newbies in cult, but there isnt much I dont know about cubensis, maybe I will start poking my head in the advanced cult forum, but I know that I will spend more time HERE overall.

And your a great MOD, I am not just saying that. :thumbup:

(oh and since you are down with the non psycoactive herbs, I wont hesitate to post things about the many herbs I am intrested in/(will be growing soon).

I am not poor anymore(work) so I will be posting alot more, with pics once I get a camera.

--------------------

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #3113624 - 09/09/04 01:14 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

fungi (and mold, lol) are too easy to grow, the garden is the hidden grail of the shroomery! :wink:

FH

OfflineMystiq_Shaman
x.o.

Loc: North Calotte
    #3113810 - 09/09/04 01:38 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I agree with that, mushrooms have turned extremly easy to grow when I discovered I wasted my time with pf teks and switched to grain s and bulk teks. now I dont know what to do with all the mushrooms.

i was just thinkin there should be a own sticky for catus id but that is not maybe what you really asking.

i personally think I have more to learn than to teach away, but if I say I spend at least 2 hours every day and read about plant care and try to put this into practice i still think i can help out people now and then. I post pics of what i doing and what i post is in no way professional setups but I hope some might learn something from it.

I also agree with psilocybeingzz that you are a great mod, and so is neuro of course. keep up the good work

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order