Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinepenguingenius
Stranger
Amanita Muscaria good or bad??
    #3107649 - 09/08/04 12:40 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Hi all again,

Thanks for the help I've been getting....growing PF Tek is one thing and you know what you have is good.....going outside is a whole new game..as posted previous I'm in Northern Minnesota....Last nights find was 7 nice Amanita Muscaria with nice orange bulbs and white scales and then a few that had popped the veil and flatened out....I've read and read and read again and I find info that says they are very active and then I read that they should not be ate....who do you believe....I did a general google search on fly argaric and came up with all kinds of info that these were used for religous ceremonies to get visions but you have to go through the side effects to get there and then I've read that this variety can consume your kidneys in 5-7 days....PLEASE ADVISE THIS NOVICE ON THIS VARIETY

Ohh also found what I would swear were baby cubensis that I've been watching since the pinheads poked out of the yard close to an old cow pattie....they don't get as big as down south and not quite as big as the PF Tek but they do turn blue on the stems....the caps dry a golden blue with brown gills and purple/brownish prints...I know you prefer pictures and I hope to have this problem fixed today yet if I can get to town to pick up my camera.

thanks guys and gals for all the help again

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblekoraks
Re: Amanita Muscaria good or bad?? [Re: penguingenius]
    #3107662 - 09/08/04 12:47 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

There are some around here that will advocate the use of muscaria. I'm not one of them. IMO, the negative side-effects of a muscaria-trip overwhelm the recreative effects. Stick with psiloc(yb)in, I'd say.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3107666 - 09/08/04 12:49 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

if you have to ask, your are not ready

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinepenguingenius
Stranger
Re: Amanita Muscaria good or bad?? [Re: koraks]
    #3107669 - 09/08/04 12:50 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I'm leaning towards not using this mushroom but if one were to use it what would be a safe dosage to ensure I wake up in the morning..LOL

Offlinepenguingenius
Stranger
    #3107687 - 09/08/04 12:56 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

gdman420....it's not that I'm not ready...I've been consuming for almost 14 years....but always cubensis except for a couple times when we got in some from washington state that blew the cubensis out of the water...I've always been told if you can find the muscaria your in for a hellish ride but then once I started studying it on the web I find all kinds of info....some of which I wonder is just somebody that got themselves in to deep, some maybe had a body chemistry that did not set well with them or what have you but when I read that many cultures have used this in religous ceremonies it makes me believe I should be safe to eat it I just need to know a dosage size so that I don't end up with no kidneys if that part is true.....maybe you could link me to some decent articles pertaining to this variety for the sake of speeding up things....there are alot more in the woods around here that we did not take until we find out for sure if they can be used.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#3107696 - 09/08/04 01:00 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.

Offlinepenguingenius
Stranger
    #3107700 - 09/08/04 01:02 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Hi again...I just found this and the reservation that sits about 1/2 mile from me is an ojibwe band so it was ironic to find the information as well as interesting as there are only a few res's that are ojibwe bands and most lie in northern minnesota :-))

"The Ojibway Indians call the mushroom Oshtimisk Wajashkwedo which means the Red Topped Mushroom. Amanita Muscaria has been used in cleansing ceremonies and as sacrement to the Gods. The shaman would ingest a mixture of Amanita Muscaria and other herbs in order to gain strength in fighting demoms and evil spirits that were causing one to be sick"

I'm getting more convinced that I can have a heck of a good time if I try these....next question....dry or fresh...which would be the better method of injestion or maybe a tea would be better????????

Offlinevc77
grillmaster
 User Gallery

Loc: University Place, WA
    #3107708 - 09/08/04 01:06 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Aminita toxins seem to have an unenjoyable effect on most people, but if you think it might be your gig, be my geust.

Offlinepenguingenius
Stranger
    #3107717 - 09/08/04 01:10 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

gdman420 thanks for the link....I was heading that way to check out their info..it really sucks to be a novice at field hunting and then finding the muscaria was the last one I expected to find and we found a whole area full of them in a wooded/wet grassland area down the road from my place...there is enough there to feed many people if they are good eating and really do give the visual effects we are after...I can handle vomiting I guess if that is what it takes to kick it in gear..its the fear of something worse like dying.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#3107739 - 09/08/04 01:18 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

you won't die

--------------------

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#3107740 - 09/08/04 01:18 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

eat em dry, for the love of god eat em dry

--------------------

Offlineuneasyone
tokin theMacGyver bong

Loc: SE united states
    #3107762 - 09/08/04 01:25 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

man if i were you i'd stay away from the amanitas i've tried them i ate 14 grams dry and it was one of the worst things i've ever experimented with they made me puke my guts up ,sweat profusely and blurred my vision but i had no visions no good trippy feelings and i felt really stupid after doing it if you try it i have a feeling you will probally feel the same way about it

--------------------
anything i might say is just something i heard from the voices in my head
uneasy1

Offlinepenguingenius
Stranger
Re: Amanita Muscaria good or bad?? [Re: gdman]
    #3107774 - 09/08/04 01:29 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

gdman420....ok now we are getting somewhere...LOL I just read 1-10 caps of medium size...the bulbs I have are the size of grade A eggs while wet....so could you narrow down how many of these should be ingested to take my ride....I'm reading info both on this website and erowids and natures mind to come up with my info so now that we have determined that most likely I will puke, get some cramps in my muscles and so forth we just need to know what it will take to get the visuals :-))

And if I am starting to annoy anyone on this thread just let me know as I get very curious and have a perfectionist attitude so I sometimes get carried away trying to collect as much data as possible on a new subject.

Offlinepenguingenius
Stranger
    #3108480 - 09/08/04 04:35 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

uneasyone.....thanks for the tip......I think I'm going to try them just for the experience.....I've had cubensis that I've gotten sick from and then had a nice euphoric feeling afterwards....if all I get is glued to my seat in my truck sitting in the middle of the woods 4x4in I'll be happy as can be...thanks for the post's everyone I appreciate them

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #3108548 - 09/08/04 04:53 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

i have read a few places that smaller doses have "litte" side effects, ie puking.  they said you will probably get nausea, but with say a half cap it shouldnt be anything liek a full dose with LSA seeds.  from some random mushroom books at the library.  you know, the ones that have 4 pages on magic mushrooms...the rest on edibles. :tongue:

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

InvisiblePsilocybinShroom
Stranger

Loc: Finland
    #3108959 - 09/08/04 06:18 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Smoke some pot when the nausea is coming. Many have said that it's a good way to get rid of the nausea... I'm gonna do my first experience with fly agaric within few days... Just like 5 grams of dried shrooms...

Offlinecosmicsea
Stranger

Re: Amanita Muscaria good or bad?? [Re: PsilocybinShroom]
    #3109035 - 09/08/04 06:30 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Hey! If you guys can find this site called "Soma Angels" It is about this interesting couple that is heavily into Red Fly Agaric. They tell you how to desensitize the fungus and they even sell a video. Just do a search for it.

Peace love

Offlineuneasyone
tokin theMacGyver bong

Loc: SE united states
    #3109342 - 09/08/04 07:30 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

just don't try to drive man when i tried it my vision went blurry and i couldn't see good for hours

--------------------
anything i might say is just something i heard from the voices in my head
uneasy1

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
Re: Amanita Muscaria good or bad?? [Re: PsilocybinShroom]
    #3109528 - 09/08/04 08:01 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

PsilocybinShroom said:
Smoke some pot when the nausea is coming. Many have said that it's a good way to get rid of the nausea...

Canadian research shows this is true for MOST people, but people react different with any drug. Ill try to find the link for it but i remember reading it on a cannadian reasearch site.

OfflineYggs
Stranger
    #3109824 - 09/08/04 09:03 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

On the Erowid.org page there is a recommendation for smoking the red skin on the top, i live in the northern hemesphere and the season is just right to pick them , also the psychoactive variety that grows in these parts should be good soon . I'll try that skin thing first, don't know if i want to eat them, had bad experiences before with to heavy mushrooms.

--------------------
"To visit hell or be angelic, you need a pinch of psychadelic".

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification