Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSpudz76
Got mycelium on the brain...
Male

Re: first time supplies [Re: Erdrick]
    #3114850 - 09/09/04 05:14 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

You should do just great with that plan. You can use the H2O2 sprayer all the time (no need for a regular and a 'spiked' one), it does no harm when it builds up (like bleach would). And it breaks down into oxygen and water which are both useful things anyway.

You got the exact right idea. It's really pretty elementary once you realize it's not all that strict, or more specifically that generally something serious has to be way wrong for it to NOT work at all. Then from there you can tweak things around to try and improve. It is impossible to just plain put together the perfect setup the first try since things are different in your local climate and such other variables, and you have to sort of use your first couple rounds as a test for what you actually need to do. But the PF jars are a good way to try and ensure things will at least do something the first time through, but you will probably move on to casings and grains later on as it seems most of us do (more yield for the work, once you know all about what the work is, but with a few extra variables thrown in to the mix).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineErdrick
Stranger
Re: first time supplies [Re: Spudz76]
    #3125649 - 09/12/04 10:56 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I have a question about how to do the pressure cooking. After I fill the jars with vermiculite, rice, etc.. do I then seal them and then pressure cook them? When does the poking of holes in the tops come into play.. i think its after you cook them, my roommate thinks its before. after they are cooked, you want to tape the holes and then inject the spores?

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #3125662 - 09/12/04 11:01 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

>When does the poking of holes in the tops come into play..
>i think its after you cook them, my roommate thinks its before
Read, read, read...

www.shroomery.org/pftek

OfflineErdrick
Stranger
Re: first time supplies [Re: Anno]
    #3126230 - 09/12/04 02:50 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

alright, according to this guide it is done after the steaming.. which means that you couldnt re-use a lid for a second bath, correct?

either way, chalk up one for me and none for my roommate! haha...

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #3126261 - 09/12/04 03:06 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Holes before, cover with foil, and cook

--------------------

OfflineSpudz76
Got mycelium on the brain...
Male

#3126304 - 09/12/04 03:21 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Yes it's poked with the holes before the sterilization (steaming, or PCing).  I am not sure how you interpreted the PF Tek as saying it was after.

You then put tape over the holes (or, cover with foil - or both) and then cook them.  So your roommate wins (congrats!)

And you can certainly use the lids and all for many many batches.  But of course you only have to poke the holes once, when you bring the jars home from the store. :smile:

Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

#3127840 - 09/12/04 11:31 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i find my list to be never ending,
whilst growing tropical plants i realized that you can never have too many supplies,
no matter what i start off with i always seem to need one more little thing,
target, home depot, and the like are full of useful stuff, also check your local greenhouses, and hydroponic shops for things you cant seem to find at major chains. but edrick you can use white wash on your closet to sterilize it, and i recomend ionizers for further sterilization, also you will a vacuum sealer, bags and scales.

" if your not going all the way there's no since in going at all " maximum impact bottle

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
Re: first time supplies [Re: zerozero]
    #3128012 - 09/13/04 12:13 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

zerozero said:
i find my list to be never ending,
whilst growing tropical plants i realized that you can never have too many supplies,

all to true :thumbup: :crazy2:

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale