Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMcKennaFan
I like loudsilences
Need Some Hints & Tips for casing PR's
    #3105907 - 09/07/04 09:33 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

So AFOAF is having some difficulty casing PR's, he has read on this site that they can be a difficult strain to case, but there was really no info on what makes them difficult or what to do to have success, anyone with any tip or suggestions on PR casings would be mucho appricated  :tongue2: Thanks All---MFan

--------------------
Anything I might post on this site is fictional, the only knowledge I have is from reading post's on this site. I do not conduct any illegal activites whatsoever in any way.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMcKennaFan
I like loudsilences
Re: Need Some Hints & Tips for casing PR's [Re: McKennaFan]
    #3106110 - 09/07/04 10:24 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Anyone??? I know some shroomerite has some tips for casing PR's  :grin:

--------------------
Anything I might post on this site is fictional, the only knowledge I have is from reading post's on this site. I do not conduct any illegal activites whatsoever in any way.

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
    #3106129 - 09/07/04 10:27 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I've heard PR's pin better at slighty lower temps 72-74 range. Also initiating fruiting sooner has helped a few friends of mine in the past too. GL as they have been known to be a bit tricky :wink:

OfflineMcKennaFan
I like loudsilences
Re: Need Some Hints & Tips for casing PR's [Re: hyphae]
    #3109433 - 09/08/04 05:46 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Hey thanks hyphae yes they are proving to be quite difficult LOL, but this is my friends first try at castings so he has a double whammy I guess LOL but today he told me he noticed the first signs of pins so thats might be good, but he dosent have a good network of myc on the tops, basicly he fruited as soon as he saw myc poking through the top, didnt patch just went ahead and put them in the PMP, its been quite a few days now, but there are more spots poking through, and I guess a couple pins so will just have to see how it goes from this point  :thumbup:

Anyone else have any hints or tips on what to do next mabye, friend has 6 jars of popcorn almost ready to go for the next try and would really like some advice on what to do better the next time around :smile:

Thanks again all for your help  :grin:

--------------------

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
    #3109986 - 09/08/04 07:39 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

If he initiated at first sight then it should have been just below the surface everywhere IF he had his substrate perfectly level (very important!) as well as the casing. By the time the mycelium had switched from vegetative growth to generative growth it would have filled in the valleys perfectly knotting and knotting to worry about but some beautiful pins! :wink: GL and next time make sure that sub is perfectly level and if the strains a bit on the slower side patch and incubate 24-48hrs. more then initiate pinning. Also make sure that casing is plenty moist as in "glistening" with moisture! :wink:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags