Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinervd3201
enthusiast

Prescription Mind Drugs
    #3105896 - 09/07/04 09:31 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Anyone else think that they are pussys? I dont know but come on u just got to deal with it and stop being such a stupid ass little bitch. I see people on here like "im on wellbutrin ssri, zoloft, paxil, adderall, and xanax because i am depressed" well stop being a little bitch about it. Seriously what do u think they did 20 years ago? Obviously that shit is not good for u.... And maybe its time for u to not be a bitch and get depressed over gay shit

The end

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: Prescription Mind Drugs [Re: rvd3201]
    #3105941 - 09/07/04 09:41 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

from my experience people who use those drugs do so because there is no way they can see, to actually solve their problems. ie; medicate them instead.

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
    #3105951 - 09/07/04 09:43 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

hmm.. well not all the time ya see.

I was on zoloft for a bit because (after a very strange mushroom trip) I developed what I think was either depression, or more likely, serotonin syndrome. I was in a very strange place and couldn't function in every day reality. My 'self talk' (or thoughts) all had a very negative feel to them and I burst out crying while doing a personality test for something or another, because I was so displeased at how I had become. I couldn't even fathrom how other people did it, or what my life was like before I developed whatever it was I had.

I got prescribed Zoloft, and after a month of taking it and realizing that I didn't much like the direction it was taking me, I quit. Even though I didn't like Zoloft, it was way better than what I had before I took it. Thankfully Zoloft somehow upped my serotonin back to it's regular levels (although there's a slight chance that it just went back up over time, as well).. to this day I feel good and normal, though I still have mood swings every once in a while.

I think those drugs can be used for good purposes, but overall they're way overused by people who don't need them, and given out like candy by doctors and psychiatrists who have no other way of effectively getting their patients out of their hair.

I say use anti-depressants as a very last resort. Do not lose your job, or fail a math final, or get an STD, or whatever, and suddenly find yourself overwhelmed and turning to any upper your doc says will help. They're scary drugs that can turn many a person into a functioning zombie.

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA
    #3105963 - 09/07/04 09:45 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

And maybe its time for u to not be a bitch and get depressed over gay shit

thats like telling a schizophrenic to not be a weirdo and quit seeing shit.

hey... believe it or not there are such things as real physiological/psychological brain conditions... and some canot be solved by simply "sucking it up and being a man"

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Prescription Mind Drugs [Re: Infrared]
    #3106108 - 09/07/04 10:23 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

DeepBlue42 said:
hey... believe it or not there are such things as real physiological/psychological brain conditions... and some canot be solved by simply "sucking it up and being a man"

Very true. I work with people who benifit greatly from "mind drugs". Their lives are greatly improved because of that, so it's kind of hard to say it's a completely negative thing.

There are negative side effects, of course, but for a lot of people, they're worth putting up with to be able to function.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order