Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesandar
medium wheel

Loc: Washington
Awareness and Aging
    #3103395 - 09/07/04 03:31 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I've had these thoughts drifting around for quite some time now, and I figure maybe some of you -- especially the aged creatures -- can lay down some insight.

I'm not a very old human myself; let me set the base of this post by giving two completely unrelated statements:

+ The Shroomery requires its members to be 18 years of age,
+ and I won't be telling any of you how old I am until some time next year.

With that in mind -- It feels to me as though life in general is "speeding up." There seems to be a great urgency in everything I experience, and I get the constant feeling that it all has to do with that vague Transcendental Object at the End of Time. I only have my own life experience to draw from, so I don't know if this is unique to the latest generations of humans, or if I'm simply feeling what all humans have felt in their lifetimes -- an increase in awareness, an ambiguous sense of urgency, a feeling that the knowledge and experience I gain is very specific and means to serve some important purpose in the future.

Is this what every human feels as they quickly age and realize that they must someday certainly face their personal moment of death, or are the latest generations of humans feeling a slight mental evolution to prepare them for the exponential changes to come?

To phrase it differently, is death the only object at the end of time, or are humans truly feeling some upcoming transcendental changes in technology, communication, and the spread of knowledge? For you humans who are older than me, how has your sense of awareness changed as you have aged, and do you also share this strange feeling of vague urgency?

Expand on this subject as you wish!

:cool:

--------------------
The grass was juicier than ever, the days were bright, and the nights full of stars...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineWhiteRussian
The Silence islouder then youthink
Loc: In your head :P
Re: Awareness and Aging [Re: sandar]
    #3103623 - 09/07/04 04:18 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

You already know the answer,

the speeding up your talking about i would say is ego, as you see things for the way they are, you dont worry about them, so awareness increase when a person learns the truth, not beliefs, but actual truth about how things really are, so it would be obvious that over time a person gains awareness, but keep in mind there are people who do not want to grow..........so as your ego grows, life becomes easier, untile you die, and realize the ultimate truth, then ego cancels itself out, and you become the universe.....haha

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology