Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here & Now
Does tripping up coincidence curve
    #3102436 - 09/07/04 10:52 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Okay, so the other I'm sitting at my desk as I'm registering on the shroomery - I just finish typing the quote from Ken Campbell (see below) and my phone rings and the LCD displays the name of the caller K CAMPBELL!!

That night I'm exercising and the phone rings, I let it go to voicemail, can't be arsed talking to anyone. I finish a round of sit-ups and pause the episode of Six Feet Under I'm watching.

The message is from my mum, my cousin's had a baby girl called Amelia, I erase the message, unpause the tape and Ruth Fisher picks up the phone, dials and says "Amelia.."!!!!

This sorta stuff happens to me all the time since tripping - anyone else have freaky coincidences happen in a row.

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offline4369875
Norse God

Loc: Asheville, NC
Re: Does tripping up coincidence curve [Re: theorganicdomino]
    #3102658 - 09/07/04 12:05 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Actually its funny that mention that. Today I woke up with the song "wish you were here" in my head. I haven't heard that song in months so i don't know why it was in my head. I go check the mail and there is a card from my friend in thailand labelled "wish you were here" on the cover. Stuff like that has been happening a lot to me too lately.

--------------------
"I believe that if people would learn to use LSD's vision-inducing capability more wisely, under suitable conditions, in medical practice and in conjunction with meditation, then in the future this problem child could become a wonderchild."
- - Albert Hofmann

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in
    #3102687 - 09/07/04 12:12 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

YES!
mainly with music and my personal life (i may be schizophrenic? :smile: )

this happend to me this morning (i posted it on dreamviews.com)

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:11 am
Post subject: Premonition?   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i was having a pretty vivid dream that i'm with my mother and somehow my brother sends me an SMS to my minidisc! later in the dream i talk to him and then someone come's to visit (someone we didn't see for years! she Emailed me yesterday looking for my brother out of the blue... i also think i've dreamed about HER even though i rearly think about her... it's just that i remmber thinking about her befor she contected us but i'm not sure if it was when i was awake or when i was asleep!!!)
we talked for a while in the dream and then i wokeup from the sound of my cellphone... someone sent me an SMS!!! and sure enough it was my brother... i called him right away to said i was dreaming about him but only remmbered later that i actualy dreamed he sent me an SMS!

is this telepathy?
is this just coinsidance?

weird telepathy like stuff have been starting to happen to me lately which i cannot explain... i don't know what to make of it!

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in
Re: Does tripping up coincidence curve [Re: Simisu]
    #3102700 - 09/07/04 12:17 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

though on second thought i don't really applay to the question (i never tripped befor...) but i did start to practice meditation and lucid dreaming techniques... and i certenly feel it has something to do with that!

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
    #3103164 - 09/07/04 02:27 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

you wield probability every moment of your existance.

when you force/coax/massage/or just wake up your third eye, you Will has a lot more control than it normally does. when you think, you are creating... also perhaps you are picking up the vibrations of a probable reality, then if everything goes as planned, the reality occurs... and it is coicidence.

there is more to this... wielding probablity is dangerous and can lead to hubris if one learns its subtle ways.

if you pursue this in any form, be sure to keep yourself in check... selfishness can be abound.

peace

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Offlinesandar
medium wheel

Loc: Washington
    #3103204 - 09/07/04 02:39 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

These things happen all the time; I think tripping leaves some people with a greater sense of awareness.

For example, when I was in elementary school, every week we would have to learn 20 new vocabulary words for spelling. There were always a few words on the list that I thought I had never seen before in my whole life -- then almost immediately after learning them, I would start noticing those words EVERYWHERE.

Everything is going on all the time; what you experience depends on how aware you are, and what you decide to focus on and notice. I feel exponentially more aware than I did before tripping. Now, instead of trying to focus on a certain model of reality, I try my best at each moment to be aware of everything I possibly can. It's amazing how many "coincidences" appear when you are watching out for them. I am shown all the time how things are incredibly interconnected.

I certainly feel that tripping taught me how to do better at tuning into the related patterns of all things.  :mushroom2:

--------------------
The grass was juicier than ever, the days were bright, and the nights full of stars...

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #3103304 - 09/07/04 03:05 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

As coincidence is merely an internal association game; tripping will affect different people differently. There is no objective thing such as a coincidence, so if you assign more meaning to an event then it becomes more significant.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3103743 - 09/07/04 04:46 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

It ups you NOTICING the coincidence curve only.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #3104629 - 09/07/04 07:36 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I, personally, have experienced incredible degrees of this WHILE tripping.

And yes, I definitely notice it more often after a recent trip. I believe it has to do with the way tripping temporarily "overclocks your processor" (sorry for the nerdy reference).. after the trip, you're obviously not still overclocked, but there is definitely a lingering effect on the brain that involves increases in creative energy, pattern detection, and mental activity in general.

I think that this "left-over" increase in energy and pattern detection abilities could very easily result in an increase of "coincedence" or "synchronicity" frequency.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#3105226 - 09/07/04 09:27 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

as one's event horizon thickens, past and present blur.
you get a lot of deja vu for heavy loops and
rich coincidencing for the lighter loops.

then again there are some lovely coincident things with no explanation whatever that make you really enjoy humility.

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #3107803 - 09/08/04 01:37 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Yes.

See here.

--------------------

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #3108165 - 09/08/04 03:15 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

It doesn't increase the number of coincidences, only our awareness of them.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: Does tripping up coincidence curve [Re: Jellric]
    #3108430 - 09/08/04 04:20 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Debatable. Have experienced crazy coincidences while in the companny of sober (and not so sober) friends. Point is it's not all subjective.

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #3110044 - 09/08/04 09:52 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

When inner psychic events occur with outer physical events, and there is usually some archetypal symbol involved (read Jung's paper 'Synchronicity: An Acausal Connecting Principle'), then Synchronicities occur. I believe that psychedelics increase our awareness of synchronistic events. I'll go even further out on the metaphysical limb...I believe it is ALL Synchronistic, and in states of Union with GOD, this becomes clear! Psychedelics give us sporadic 'peaks,' but in REALITY, it is ALL peak! Synchronicities have long been my 'manna' from Heaven. This alienated me from my Jungian analysts who thought dreams more important, because they were not familiar with heightened psychedelic states. These are wonderful tastes of how it all Really is. I recommend keeping a journal of them.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlinedeff
lovelightbliss
 User Gallery

Loc: all this Flag
Re: Does tripping up coincidence curve [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3110052 - 09/08/04 09:54 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Good idea. Seriously, I was thinking of starting a meditation / introspective type journal - and you just reminded me :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineMad_Buhdda_Abuser
    #3115400 - 09/09/04 08:58 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Read the celestine prophecy, its a book that deal's with coincidences that happen to us and being aware of them. Very good read with an interesting philosophy, a must read i would say.
EZ MBA

OfflineEdge
I like plants

Loc: Machu Pichu
Re: Does tripping up coincidence curve [Re: Jellric]
    #3115926 - 09/09/04 11:03 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Jellric said:
It doesn't increase the number of coincidences, only our awareness of them.

Thats exactly it man... but the problem I have is noticing too many, almost to the point where everything is screaming something at me. Too much coincedence makes me crazy because it tells me a lot of shit I'm either not ready to hear or am simply unwilling to accept. Some of them may be over analyzations, which i need to fix, but it still drives me nuts when i cant do it... it was definately boosted by psychedelics. My minds not ready to handle such information on different levels.

Kinda sucks...

--------------------
Check Out My "A Report w/ pics and links--FAE, RH, Casings, Cakes, Polyfil, And A Simple Setup And More!"

"For every action there is a reaction; and a Paykie reaction, is quite a fuckin thing"
--Turkish of Snatch

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: Does tripping up coincidence curve [Re: Todcasil]
    #3116203 - 09/09/04 11:58 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Todcasil,

What did you mean by "weilding probability is dangerous" ?

What does hubris "pride and presumption" have to do with this in your book?

Are you reffering to people who start believing that synchronistic moments are guiding them along the "right" path?

I don't see it that way myself as I don't believe in right paths anymore then wrong ones because there is no where to go........it's just about the journey itself. Maybe taking note of these connections is just meant to help pull us more fully into the moment at hand. ???????

I've been involved with a lot of synchronictity discussions on other boards where it's a daily happening for many and it seems no one really has a handle on what it is to mean to us. ??????????

We think its fun.

So we say we are becoming more aware? More aware of what I wonder really?

Are connections simple the answer. What are they suppose to mean beyond that if anything?

Here's a dumb one: I'm in the dentist chair today looking at a magazine photo of a crocodile made out of a watermelon. As I am studying this creative whimsy I noticed Crocodile Rock by Elton John was playing on the radio.

A more fun one was waking up from a dream about a dear friend from 6th grade and then later in the car hearing a song from 1979 that always makes me think of him.

What was it suppose to mean to me?

I was apologising to a friend for something and said, "sorry biggly biggly grape ape" a quote taken from a childhood cartoon. The next day she said she saw a van with a grape ape sticker in the window????????????????????????????????

This shit is wierd. Any one get really deep into whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy it is? Go really deep anyone if ya got somethin. I'm open to hear any theories on it.

I read celestine when it came out and forget what they said about it. I do think that book triggered my becoming more aware ever since I read it.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (09/10/04 12:02 AM)

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #3118177 - 09/10/04 01:12 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

The problem here is we are talking IMO about 2 different phenomenas.

It is a fact that shrooms increase peoples brain association. I.e thinking about lemons may naturally lead everyone to think sour or yellow where as a shroomed up person could instantly think plant or similar linked but more exotic association. This could also apply in general making you believe you are experiencing a valid association when really because of odds it is a faily likely life experience.

However, I also beleive that there could be something more to SYNCRONISITY simply because of the amount of times I have experienced closely related incidents, like yours, awaking with a thought in the head then having something immediatly happed which is related. In fact, there is an old post by me about this dream I had about knife murders and I wake up to find in the news that people had been murdered.

But, as long as people are confusing the two phenomena we won't make a lot of progress.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology