Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: females and psychedelics [Re: SpecialEd]
    #3105236 - 09/07/04 07:29 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Yes it is possible, that's how I do things, the psyches for spiritual/recreation, and the others for recreation, I don't do the others that much anymore, I guess I've grown out of the "just getting fucked up as often as possible on whatever possible phase.  On to the original topic, the first couple times I got acid it was off hippie chicks, and i'm sure many girls do use psychedelics and how have spiritual experiences......but now that you mention it,I don't know many that use them, and I do know many that probably think i'm morally degenerate because of it and others that think i'm nuts. Then again I live in a small town, and most of the girls I knew were either devout christians or preppies that just smoked weed and drank.  I have turned man y of these preppies on to psychedelics though  :grin: :mushroom2:  :tongue2:

--------------------

Edited by Dark_Star (09/07/04 07:42 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: females and psychedelics [Re: MAGnum]
    #3175356 - 09/24/04 02:12 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

How is sex not spiritual?

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: females and psychedelics [Re: mecreateme]
    #3175387 - 09/24/04 02:20 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

mecreateme said:
How is sex not spiritual?

I would say it's not inherently spiritual, and usually the pursuit of sex tends to be rather hedonistic, but sex can be spiritual if you make it so.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Loc: /export/home/Kremlin
Re: females and psychedelics [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3176492 - 09/24/04 07:10 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I'm really going to have to disagree on this one.

Sure, i can look superficially outwards and say taht alot of women appear superficial, but i can do that for just as many, if not more, guys.

You cannot turn the eye outwards until you have turned it into every corner of yourself...until that point, you will be biased.

--Krem

--------------------
"Human suffering has been caused because all too many of us cannot grasp that words are only tools for our use, and that the mere presence of a word in the dictionary does not mean it necessarily refers to something definitive in the real world"
--Richard Dawkins, "The Selfish Gene"

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours."
-George Gissing

"Without a firm idea of himself and the purpose of his life, man cannot live, and would sooner destroy himself than remain on earth, even if he was surrounded by bread."
--Fyodor Dostoevsky

OfflineBanJankri
FreefallerUpwards

#3178161 - 09/25/04 04:47 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I'm pretty surprised at the gendered responces . I also know and heard of girls that like them and very capable of having a psychedelic journey, which is spiritual. I have heard of a girl who did dmt, and the shortness of duration was 15-20 minutes in our reality, but she talks of having experienced birth, and went through all the phases for 9 months.

shortly put, I dont think it is a "man" thing to go for unknown journeys, or having various experinces.

--------------------
Just let everything flow, just flow right to the center of everything. You gotta turn off your mind and relax, and then just float downstream...

Offlinelovelight
float

Loc: yellow submarine
Re: females and psychedelics [Re: Todcasil]
    #3178552 - 09/25/04 10:07 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I can't believe what I'm hearing!  I'm a girl and although I don't personally know a lot of psychedelic users, male or female, I'm sure things are not as cut and dry as everyone makes it out to be. The  only reason I use and want to continue learning about and through psychedelics is for 'spiritual' purposes.

There were some huge generalisations made about females in this thread, and I am forced to propose that those who say that our sex "doesn't think", is "shallow" and "timid" are the ones who are superficial and stupid themselves. Your remarks are petty, unfounded and immature. I suggest you dig deeper. The women I know have so  much natural intuition and spiritual depth.

And if we are going to generalize...many men don't think about spiritual issues until their first heart attack. Their life revolves around getting sex and being successful purely for the sake of competition, pride and ego. then in later age, because of the inevitable feelings of unsatisfaction and emptiness hits the mid-life crisis, which is just a continuation of the aforementioned, only more pathetic because of the futility and vainness of it all.

We all have faults. Give everyone a chance as a unique individual.

:heart:

--------------------
Turn on your lovelight, let it shine on me

Edited by lovelight (09/25/04 10:17 AM)

Offlinebmarley3434
wildwalker
Male User Gallery

Loc: nj
Re: females and psychedelics [Re: lovelight]
    #3178632 - 09/25/04 10:52 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

haha but love you just set it generally.. and then started being sexist towards males.. from my experiences and especially observations at jam band shows.. it is rare for anyone male female or other haha.. to be purely about spiritual insight through hallucinogens.. i believe that everything everyone has said on this post is TRUE about ALL of us regardless of whats down our pants.. if we read this post without discerning male and females having these traits.. then it makes much more sense ( at least in my head)

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: females and psychedelics [Re: bmarley3434]
    #3178674 - 09/25/04 11:18 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

iw meet girl who is like bouys and boys who acts like girls.. so id say, stop seperating men from woman, look at every individual individualy
:P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: females and psychedelics [Re: lovelight]
    #3178818 - 09/25/04 12:11 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Good for you lovelight and thanks for your post!
My high school sociology teacher used to say "by-and-large," meaning, mostly, but not without exception. The greatest number of human beings are "Centauric" - they are identified with their animal natures of survival, sex and power almost exclusively, with the limited influence of love - but mostly extended to their immediate family, and then not even pure love but love contaminated by possessiveness, pride, desire. This is true of males and females alike. Even though the greater majority of polled Americans claim belief in GOD, mere belief in GOD doesn't amount to much practically speaking ("Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble." James 2:19).
True spiritual seekers, those who Awaken from 'The Matrix' of their religion and question the very motives behind the formation of their doctrines, are those who think outside the box. These are the people who take the 'Red Pill' and these people, perhaps like yourself are very rare indeed.

I have been such a seeker for 33 out of 51 years now, and in all those years the only individual who has maintained a lengthy life-goal of seeking, has been the Lady whom the Good Lord had given to be with me for the past 8 years. Even my remaining childhood friends have long since given up their quest for Enlightenment, Cosmic Consciousness, Illumination if they ever really embraced that as a value. Most people get lost-in-life. They fall to the "principalities and powers" (Ephesians 6:12) that govern this plane and become slaves to the whims of their offspring, rather than training their children up in a spiritual world-view, or they worship what the Bible calls "mammon" which is the idol of money.

Enlightened beings, male and female, will always be rare at any given time. If genuine, such beings feel an 'upward pull' strong enough to to lesson the natural 'gravity' of the pull to the lower chakra influences. Those people have Hearts with wings like the symbol of the Sufi Chisti Order. So rare are people like this that it makes no sense whatever to generalize about gender. In the first place, those who are Enlightened are "in Christ" [Consciousness] which is the Christian Way of putting it, and for those who have "put on Christ," "there is neither male nor female: for ye are one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:27-28. Regardless if one is a Christian or not, these words speak to a universal Truth about the transcendental nature of Enlightenment. We are 'Children of Light' first, and only secondarily does duality emerge from that Unity.

Peace.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlinekontron
captain planet
Loc: Eden
    #3178947 - 09/25/04 01:10 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

my g/f is the one who got me into shrooms. she uses them for more then fun too.

Offlinelovelight
float

Re: females and psychedelics [Re: bmarley3434]
    #3181759 - 09/26/04 01:53 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

The biggest reason i sank to the level of the chauvinistic opinions in this thread and generalised about men in return, is to prove their image is not what they seem to think it might be. There are many prejudiced, outdated opinions which stick around because they keep being repeated. If generalisations have an element of truth to them, this can only be very temporary. The world and the people in it are constantly evolving, the behaviour of any given group is different today to yesterday. Labels are always too simple and static, they give part of the full picture, and leave no room for the many exceptions.

PS. if there are many men using psychedelics, its seems many use them purely for a high. who is to say the number of male spiritual users is not then the same as the number of women using them for spiritual reasons?

Maybe I'll start a poll.  :thumbup:

--------------------
Turn on your lovelight, let it shine on me

Edited by lovelight (09/26/04 02:24 AM)

Offlinelovelight
float

Re: females and psychedelics [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3181814 - 09/26/04 02:28 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:Enlightened beings, male and female, will always be rare at any given time. If genuine, such beings feel an 'upward pull' strong enough to to lesson the natural 'gravity' of the pull to the lower chakra influences. Those people have Hearts with wings like the symbol of the Sufi Chisti Order. So rare are people like this that it makes no sense whatever to generalize about gender. We are 'Children of Light' first, and only secondarily does duality emerge from that Unity.

Peace.

THANKS!!! so true.. and keep on doin what you're doin!!!

:grin:

Offlinetrinity7
Qie Lan
Loc: Wide open space
Re: females and psychedelics [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3183014 - 09/26/04 03:34 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
True spiritual seekers, those who Awaken from 'The Matrix' of their religion and question the very motives behind the formation of their doctrines, are those who think outside the box. These are the people who take the 'Red Pill' and these people, perhaps like yourself are very rare indeed.

:thumbup:
@Markos: Ever read `Matrix Warrior` by Jake Horsley ?
If not, I`d highly recommend it !

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale