Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Dessicant

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
A good way to speed dry fresh bud
    #3099584 - 09/06/04 05:22 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I had to dry a handfull of WW pollen sacks the other day and found a great way to dry them. I layed foil in my toaster oven and spread the sacks thinly across the foil, baked at 200 for 30 min stirring every 5-10 min. It was nice and dry but buds might take a bit longer like an hour. Out of a ghotti blunt between three heads we all agreed we felt a nice up high, no stone since it was pre mature.

PS we made the WW bang the indica turtle power female thats almost done making TPxTP seeds, dam whore! :wink:  So.... IM RICH BEOTCH! Cant wait till next season!

Edited by Gr0wer (09/06/04 05:24 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: A good way to speed dry fresh bud [Re: Gr0wer]
    #3099901 - 09/06/04 06:43 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

dont speed dry ur pot.. it realy takes away from the finished product... just hang it in a clean room... read up on curing.

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
 User Gallery
    #3099935 - 09/06/04 06:55 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I wouldn't recommend speed drying also, because of the fact that it will decrease the potency by a small amount, or by a lot depending on your method of speed drying.

- If you need it done within the next hour or two. Your going to need a bright and warm (any light bulb usually gets warm) light that is flexible, and a piece of tinfoil. Break up your buds nicely and place them on the tinfoil. Position the light hovering directly over the buds. This will dry your shit out within a Half-Hour - Two Hours depending on how hot the light gets. Keep checking on them every 15 minutes to make sure, and "stir" the bud around to dry it quicker. This is the best and most reliable quick method of drying buds. Microwave's don't work. Ovens don't work great. Buds wrapped in tinfoil and placed over a fire don't really do the job. We've tried it all, heh.

- If you have a lotta crops then hang them up by their stalks (upside down) in a dark closet. You are going to want to put some newspaper on the floor to catch fallen particles, and resin. This method is THE BEST IMO, and will take a couple of days to almost week depending on how wet the bud is.

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Re: A good way to speed dry fresh bud [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #3100234 - 09/06/04 08:42 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Im an experienced grower, ive dried and cured tons of bud. This is the fist situation i wanted to speed dry besides the firts lil nug i even smoked of my buds :wink: .

Im all up on that stuff, i wouldnt put it in a bright spoot because Uv breaks down THC. It was 3:00 in the morning when we harvested and we didnt feel like waiting. It's only pollen anyeays and there was really no taste besides the ducth and a bit of nice weedy taste.

OfflineJordash
Stranger
    #3100827 - 09/06/04 11:01 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I was wondering about speed drying bud, can it be speed dried like you can with Mushies?

By that I mean can you put them in a container of Damp Rid, or some other dessicant, to have them dry?

Obviously not putting them on the chemical itself though.

Would this also decrease potency?

Also with curing, would you use the same method as for tobacco?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Dessicant

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden