Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineBOBs
bobby digital

Loc: CO
What are you doing? What am I doing?
    #3097255 - 09/05/04 11:42 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

And what are we all doing? In my younger days I never questioned that God was just a myth but for some reason now I have just as much belief in God as I do in evolution. They're so many things that can't be explained without the Bible just as there are so many things that the Bible can't explain. It appears that everything is one giant contradiction and people spend their entire lives trying to find the answer to it. Therein lies another question, is it worth wasting our lives looking for a truth? The golden question perhaps, what is our purpose? To sit on the shroomery and post messages? To do good deeds? The somewhat suitable solution to bring peace to the mind are the beliefs of Taoism and Buddhism. But even these styles of living have their qualms. I can't think about it anymore because it drives me insane. I wish there was an easy answer. Don't you?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: What are you doing? What am I doing? [Re: BOBs]
    #3097748 - 09/06/04 01:52 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Many people have the sort of questions that you and do and conclude there is no God. Others put aside any doubts for the rest of their lives and something inside of them closes.

I see the two questions as a false choice. Dualism. When I decided that the God of the Bible was not real I went through something of a mourning period until I realized that the absence of a Supreme Being was also unsatisfying and did nothing to explain the wonders of creation all around me. That's when I realized that God is still possible, but he is a very different sort of God than I had been led to believe. My sense of wonder has only increased since that time.

is it worth wasting our lives looking for a truth?

Actually, anything else is a wasted life. A great man once said, "The unexamined life is not worth living." I agree wholeheartedly. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life."

If you seek truth in all things aren't you a follower of Christ whether you call him that or not?

You are beginning to question and that means you are growing spiritually. Now you are going to learn many fascinating things that will keep you in a constant state of wonderment. Good luck on your journey, my friend.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here & Now
a thought [Re: BOBs]
    #3097969 - 09/06/04 03:47 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Life is meaningless - you provide your own meaning - that's the joy of existing.

Existing is the key, to truly feel the priviledge of existing and be part of this insane illusion called life :smile:

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #3100002 - 09/06/04 05:21 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

The purpose of our lives?

To decide who and what we are and want to be and experience ourselves as that

To experience God (only possible by temporarily removing ourselves from him)

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: What are you doing? What am I doing? [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3101218 - 09/06/04 10:21 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

The purpose of life, imo is the search for truth. If I gain no material anything in my life and am miserable; I will at least die SATISFIED if I find the truth.

Also, as Jellric stated, God is more than what we believe it to be.

God is God and to me it is the wild will power that shapes this chaos.

And What are you and I doing?

Absolutely everything, no matter what the case. What we do here is reality, making it a part of everything that everything cannot exist without it. Yet this part of reality that I and all of you exsist in is so small that it is really seemingly insignificant when it is in fact as significant as anything else. Reality cannot exsist without being real; without us reality is incomplete otherwise we wouldn't exsist.

--------------------
Agent 727

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #3101236 - 09/06/04 10:25 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

the idea of one sentient being, "god" controlling everything is ignorant and wrong ...in my opinion..im not saying that there isnt more than meets the eye but the bible cannot and does not explain it. the bible is empty dogma and stories that were written to teach lessons and be emulated

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #3101509 - 09/06/04 11:31 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I wish there was an easy answer. Don't you?

Sometimes I do, but I realize the journey would be a lot less fun if we had an easy answer! I have also found that there is no ONE question but instead a series of questions. Take it in small steps or you will go nutzo as you suggested. Ask a question you have always wondered about. Make it something just out of your grasp. Meditate on that question. Be honest with yourself. You will find that the question has a cause that created that effect. Ask the next question that comes to mind about that subject. You will find yet another cause. And so on and so on..an almost endless chain of cause and effect.

In this way you can step by step reveal the Source of All things.

This is only one method. Your journey will be different from everyone else's because you are a unique entity in this Universe, with unique qualities, on a certain part of the road. Find what works for you whether it be meditation, psychedelic substances (do your research), or study of things spiritual. Stay on the Path and don't turn back. Keep a journal of your dreams and your waking life as well. Notice how your life changes as you apply spiritual teachings to your life. If you stay on the Path you will be astonished at how your life turns out.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale