Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAnnMarie
Not So Newbie
Need Advice - The downfalls of being a trip guide
    #3090700 - 09/04/04 09:38 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

First of all, I just wanted to let you all know that I am actually 420Girl, but I lost my password so I had to login as a new user. So, I'm not necessarily a newbie...

Anyway, I need some advice from you guys. I've always wanted to be someone's trip guide. I always wanted to be the one to share the wonderful experience of LSD with someone who'd never tried it before. HOWEVER, this person started out drinking before we dosed. I told her that it wasn't a good idea to trip since she'd already been drinking, but she wouldn't listen to me. So, I tried the best I could to guide her as smoothly as I could to make her experience at least half descent.

I'm sure you can guess the rest of the story at this point... She was looking for a cool visual party trip, but the acid turned on her. She was freaking out and crying and talking about how she doesn't feel like she ever fits in, etc. etc. (Let me just interject right here and state that joe666 said at the beginning of the evening "Oh my god...this is a shroomery post waiting to happen...") So, another girlfriend of mine tried to help me calm her down, but she insisted on drinking more and doing shots of vodka and then she wanted to drive home. We told her no, she couldn't because she wasn't safe to drive. She wound up throwing a HUGE fit and my girlfriend's husband was like, GO! So she left.

She came to work Monday morning and acted like nothing happened (you know how alcohol will do you sometimes). I explained to her that she was very irresponsible for doing what she did and it made me very upset. She said she was sorry, but she wasn't sorry she acted that way, she was sorry she made me upset.

She wants to trip again, and I feel REALLY uncomfortable giving her ANY hallucinogen. I don't want to be responsible for her if she freaks out again and won't listen to what I have to tell her.

Am I being a poor trip guide because her first trip was bad and I don't want to deal with it again? I mean, should I hang in there and be patient? It just seems liks such a major risk to be taking, emotionally and ultimately legally. The real kicker is that she is supposed to be going to a music festival with us in a couple of weeks and trip again, but I'm afraid she can't even hold her liquor, much less trip in a strange environment 5 hours away from home. She would embarrass me with the way she acts, and I've told her it wouldn't be a good idea for her to go. For some reason, she still has it in her head everything is okay and she's still going.

Any advice? I don't want to be put in the position to be an asshole.

Thanks, guys!

420Girl

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Re: Need Advice - The downfalls of being a trip guide [Re: AnnMarie]
    #3090894 - 09/04/04 10:42 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I'd never let anyone that won't listen to me....trip on my shit or at my house.

I think you already know the answer to this little ditty...follow your heart.

Good luck!~

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International Flag
    #3091355 - 09/04/04 01:01 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Refuse to give her any psychedelics.  If she really must, she'll seek them out on her own and learn the hard way.  You tried to educate her but she refused to listen, now the mushroom will educate her :wink:

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

OfflineHeavenlyBlue
Stranger

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Re: Need Advice - The downfalls of being a trip guide [Re: Cherk]
    #3092224 - 09/04/04 05:41 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Y'know most people here are pretty relaxed, down to earth and have a lotta patience. But if there's some thing I can't stand it's people like that who are just so arrogant towards drugs and alcohol and act as if its a license to be an asshole! Anyways I think that you don't have any responsibility to do anything for her.

Invisible420Girl
SmokerExtraordinaire

Loc: The Big South
Re: Need Advice - The downfalls of being a trip guide [Re: HeavenlyBlue]
    #3093478 - 09/04/04 11:11 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

(Yay! I found my password!!!)

Thanks for the advice, guys. That's what I was afraid of, though. I really am a laid back person, and I am so non-confrontational. But, damn! You know?

It really makes me sad that I tried so hard and it didn't work. I just don't feel comfortable giving her any more, or being resposible if something bad happens. She did tell me, however, that I reminded her of her mom, because I worry too much. I don't worry too much, I just care about my friends. Only God kept me alive while I was acting irresponsible like her, and I am on my knees every night because of that. It was my friends that told me I was doing down the wrong path that straightened me up. Maybe I can just be that friend to her.

Sometimes people just aren't ready. I feel like I have a mogwai in my pocket. (You know, that little thing from Gremlins...)

Maybe she'll grow out of her drinking problem and when she's really ready for it, I'll still be here. I just hope the next person out there cares about her as much as I do and wants to see her have a positive experience. I just think that maintaining positive vibes are so much easier. It makes life simpler, and yes -- I learned that from LSD.

Love you guys, and I mean it!

--------------------

Fuck this......let's go smoke a bowl.

"Weed will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no weed."  --Freewheelin' Franklin

"Life is not all....flowers and sausages!"

I <heart> Joe!

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #3096339 - 09/05/04 08:44 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Its not all it's cracked up to be.

I've dosed a lot of people, introduced many to psychedelics, only to find myself unfulfilled. Looking back, I should have just said I dosed and got the contact high.

It sucks having to be the responsible one when tripping... and something goes wrong. Driving a kid to the ER which basically felt like sonic the hedgehog going through those tunnels with streetlights trailing and reflecting off the wet road (when it hadn't even rained).. only to pull over 90% of the way there, have him puke, and he was fine. BURN OUT CITY!

My best trips were where I had no worries at all. Worrying about newbies is one of the major downfalls of a trip guide. The anti-tripper ("I took this and I didn't get any visuals"), the superfake-tripper ("It's only been 5 minutes and the walls are bleeding on me man, bleeding!"), the one who thinks its fun to bug everyone else out..

You will be able to weed out the bad and the good. I have led some on the right path. Some have chosen to never do psychedelics again, and turned their lives in a 180 and are successful to this day. Others just do drugs all the time. Find your niche.

I just didn't have the patience. The first thirty to fifty are rewarding, after that, it's like what the fuck, someone else do this. Then it's like you're saying the same fucking thing to the same person. Maybe I didn't dose the right people. I don't know.

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Need Advice - The downfalls of being a trip guide [Re: Adden]
    #3100099 - 09/06/04 05:57 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i wouldn't try and trip guide poeple anymore.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: Need Advice - The downfalls of being a trip guide [Re: truekimbo2]
    #3100275 - 09/06/04 06:56 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

You will be able to weed out the bad and the good. I have led some on the right path. Some have chosen to never do psychedelics again, and turned their lives in a 180 and are successful to this day. Others just do drugs all the time. Find your niche.

and..

Quote:

Maybe I didn't dose the right people.

I think that had 80% to do with it. Egotistical, materialstic, immature, aggressive, etc the list goes on. Meatheads from high school, and then the losers inbetween then and now.

edit: No more newbs for me, sorry.

Edited by s2dope (09/06/04 07:10 PM)

OfflineSirRobin
Stranger
Loc: Mid TN
    #3100354 - 09/06/04 07:12 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Nothing pisses me off like people who "just wanna trip balls off and see some mario bros shit" on shrooms. While it is fun, people need to be able to take possibly higher doses and go into their psyche, disvoer who they are and be rewarded. Whenever I talk to my friends about eating some shrooms and layin down with some zeppelin playin they usually tell me im a pussy and we needa go glo-golfing, lol. Ill admit, being fun and carefree is great, but u hafta appreciate shrooms.

Offline4369875
Norse God

Loc: Asheville, NC
Re: Need Advice - The downfalls of being a trip guide [Re: Adden]
    #3100947 - 09/06/04 09:29 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I know exactly what you mean about it feeling like sonic the hedgehog when you are driving in a city on shrooms :P

--------------------
"I believe that if people would learn to use LSD's vision-inducing capability more wisely, under suitable conditions, in medical practice and in conjunction with meditation, then in the future this problem child could become a wonderchild."
- - Albert Hofmann

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#3114236 - 09/09/04 03:03 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Hmmm tripguiding...

"Girl: screw you with a cherry on top! You came in drunk so thats no mushrooms for you, not here, not now. If I'm to guide you into the Realm then you listen up and smarten up. After all we discussed about the Experience you show up woozy. No hard feelings; let's have a cold brewski together but you're in no shape for take-off as you're now. I'm at the Gate and I'm not letting you in like this."

Well thats the drill-seargeant approach but basically its like that :smile: If she shows up drunk (for me this means "clearly intoxicated") she is disrespecting her Mind, disrespecting the Psychedelic experience and if she doesnt listen to you then you cannot possibly guide her because the respectful basis is lacking.

As to psychedelics she should be looking up to you. Not a power-trip thing, but you must be seen as the "authority" for your reassurances and advice to have effect in the psychedelic blast. Please compare reassurance factors:

"...emm heres some vitamins.. err.. it will all go away.. sorry I .. emm.. gee.."

"I will not have anything happen to you. Let's ride this one and get you your strength back. You wanted a party but it turns out you can do away with some fears tonight. Don't freak and just feel it as it comes.. Close your eyes and just let it flow. It may be hard but you'll come out fine and perhaps better then before if you just go with this and stop fighting it. You are safe here."

Now the first one is permissive while in comparison the second one takes charge of the situation. If respect is lacking towards you it should be built in the weeks before.
When your leg is broken the doctor, the expert is needed.

It's hard to take charge in situations like this but you are of little use if you don't because the person is all over the place mentally. You have got to be loving but stern and radiate confidence that there is no reason for panic.

Click the link "BEST TRIPPING MANUAL" in my signature & you will understand and love the Psychedelic like never before. :heart:

Actually a great opportunity for personal growth was wasted.

Quote:

She was freaking out and crying and talking about how she doesn't feel like she ever fits in, etc. etc.

This is the core of her resistance to Life. She should've been steered into it to experience it to its fullest, to really feel it and occasionally report, perhaps in answers to questions.
If she's convinced it is a good thing to live this fear to its fullest it will sudenly turn for the better and a higher stability in her life will be reached if she came out of the trip feeling good.

She tried to escape from her Life's pain like she often does: drinking. More Vodka! Numb this pain, not deal with it!
This might be an embryonal stage of a hard drinking addiction in later life.

But there was no solace in the bottle.
She wanted out so frantically that she made it physical and wanted to flee the session, to go home and just live like nothing happened.
And afer having triggered your Team's annoyance button she fled the session in the midst of a difficult LSD session she might not even realized was still going on at full blast.

(...)

On monday, out of Lysergia, she acted like nothing happened, the thing she wants and wanted throughout thec session: not deal with those deep down insecurities and just play her familiar life game.

Explain to her she may likely go to Hell in a handbasket on a subsequent LSD session and that this is all good and all safe if she surrenders to it in a quiet living room session among friends. That it was her own insecurity that made her so upset and that she has to deal with that. LSD won't be a partydrug for her because she has work to do with all the agonies and ecstasies associated with it.

Tell how bad it felt she didnt listen to you and let it all go out of control. Tell her that if she doesnt want to do the hard work, she'd better not trip and that she not yet understands the gravity of it.

As for your Team, you let an opportunity go to waste and that she actually went home in the midst of a bad trip was a big botch as irreversible bad stuff (traffic, selfdestructive tendencies like hard drinking it off in a pub) couldve happened to her in the real world.

I think you're not quite ready to guide too as you fear to come off a patent asshole or be embarressed by her turmoil in public.
If it doesnt feel good, if you don't feel you're up to it for her wellbeing and yours then don't do it.
You can't take the world on your shoulders AnnMarie :smile:

People are stunted in their Growth because they flee unpleasantness.
The road to true advancement goes straight through Hell for many and that takes some big spiritual gonads on both sides of the trip. If you dont want it (which is perfectly OK) or dont think you can offer what it takes, don't do it.

Please click "BEST TRIPPING MANUAL" in my link and read it offline. It is an entire book, and guarantyeed the best you read about psychedelics in your entire life :thumbup:

I hope you've closely read & appreciated this.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

#3114772 - 09/09/04 04:57 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

AnnMarie said:

420Girl

If I was you - I'd tell that bitch to get a life and stop pretending like I was supposed to take care of her cry baby noob-tripping ass

--------------------

Offlineskullfarmer1979
shamanator
Loc: Bum Fuck, Egypt
Re: Need Advice - The downfalls of being a trip guide [Re: 420Girl]
    #3123113 - 09/11/04 05:39 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i feel ya. about a month ago i had a cousin of mine beg me to trip with him cause he never had ,so i got 6grams ,fasted all day with him and right before we dosed he said he was so hungry he had to eat something.i told him it would ruin the trip but he insisted on "putting something in his stomach". this little fucker fixed this huge hambuger and then ate some BBQ chicken. needless to say he gaged and puked the entire trip.i wish i could find smart ,mature people to trip with.i may act goofy sometimes but i never act crazy.....wait...there was that one time on datura. :nut:

--------------------
I TASTE THE WREAKAGE OF CRUMBLING FACES,I KNOW THE PALE THING IN THE DARKEST OF PLACES. -DAX RIGGS-

get the most out of life,listen to ACID BATH!!!!

Offlinemaglight
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Need Advice - The downfalls of being a trip guide [Re: skullfarmer1979]
    #8329303 - 04/26/08 01:28 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I'm more or less the local "expert" on psychadelics both here at college and back home (not trying to sound like an arrogant douche or anything, I just study everything well and have lots of experience with psychadelics), and I get very annoyed when people don't listen to me. It's not at all a "respect my authority" thing, it's that I've done this dozens of times, I've learned all of the body chemisty involved, so I tell people exactly the right thing to do, yet they don't listen, insist on doing it their (wrong) way, then complain to me when things go wrong or don't work.

I would not trip-guide for anybody who I believed wasn't ready. Some people I'd even say that they just are not a person (due to unchangable personality traits) who should ever use psychadelics.
You're not being a bad person at all. Some people just shouldn't use or aren't ready to use psychadelics, and IMO you're being a good trip guide by refusing to support it. The same thing as if someone in horrible shape with heart problems wanted you to guide them on a strenuous mountain hike.

OfflineJohn Smith
Solo Voyager

Re: Need Advice - The downfalls of being a trip guide [Re: maglight]
    #8329527 - 04/26/08 04:33 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

you should go somewhere where it is safe for someone to freak out, and give her  a heroic dose. its her ego that causing all the trouble. touching it with a little stick is not gonna do anything. you have to nuke it:D

but then it also depends if you really care about this person and willing to go through this.

--------------------
I have no idea what I am talking about but I do know I say things you don't understand and if you do understand what I am saying then you are wrong.

Offlineoxalic32
Male
Loc: .
. [Re: John Smith]
    #8330021 - 04/26/08 10:25 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Edited by oxalic32 (12/19/10 09:19 PM)

OfflineLeperFace
Stranger

Re: Need Advice - The downfalls of being a trip guide [Re: oxalic32]
    #8330125 - 04/26/08 10:51 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Agreed, this persons brain hasn't fruited yet. (Hah!) Seriously, undeveloped irresponsible and unstable minds are not meant for psychedelic use, I'd refuse to even hang out with her when she's using ANY substance. You CAN be held responsible if something goes wrong.. I'd say if this person were to use psychedelics, it should be for therapy, under the supervision of a professional from one of the many medical centers and labs world wide working with psychedelic healing and medicines. Seems her mind isn't in the right place.

OfflineIma TrooperS
Chilldog Extraordinaire
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States
Re: Need Advice - The downfalls of being a trip guide [Re: oxalic32]
    #8330135 - 04/26/08 10:54 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

IMO, some people should not do psychedelics just because of their emotional and mental problems. I would never give them to some people I know.

Someone I know took the TINIEST hit of pot I have ever seen someone take, (literally a smoke/air mix about the volume of a half a cup) and then stood on the coffee table, would not come down, started yelling at everyone while crying, and then would not stop looking out the windows and freaking out about the "shadow-people monsters".

This is the same person who, after two beers, was giggling uncontrollably. Then started crying. Then started screaming at people at the party while crying. Then started making out with her boyfriend. Then just went completely nuts and had to be dragged away from the party, screaming at everyone.

Substances aren't meant for everyone, some people just can't handle themselves.

--------------------
"Its moving of its own accord...and I like that in a shirt!" - Me, tripping.

deCypher said:
Schizophrenia beats dining alone, you know.

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Need Advice - The downfalls of being a trip guide [Re: Ima Trooper]
    #8333605 - 04/27/08 09:56 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

oh man S_2, i don't use the reply function correctly.

i was talking to OP about not introducing people.

you seem like you have a level head and i would not say that to you.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Need Advice - The downfalls of being a trip guide [Re: truekimbo2]
    #8333905 - 04/27/08 12:23 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

thats just a further testament to if you take a fucked up look into tripping the trip will be fucked up. Specially if your not socially comfortable what would make her think tripping with a bunch of people would help? The only time i would trip sit someone in a similar case is if all their friends abandoned them some where are it could get life threatening.

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies