Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: DXM, Salvia, San Pedro, pH Test Strips

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinezombie_biscuit
eater ofchildren
BIG LOTUS SALE AT WALLY WORLD
    #3095898 - 09/05/04 08:02 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Hey folks,
Just got back from the local Meglo-Mart. Was sifting through the garden section, bored really, and stumbled across a huge lot of lotus rhyzomes on clearance. They had white (bought all those) pink and a rose color. They came in a nice little kit:pot to plant in, fertilizer, rocks for weight, everything you need. They were marked down to under $2 EACH :eek: what a steal. If anyone is interested hit the Wally-world, they usually do that kind of mark down chain wide. Good luck

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTinTree
thread killer(semi pro)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mu
Re: BIG LOTUS SALE AT WALLY WORLD [Re: zombie_biscuit]
    #3095902 - 09/05/04 08:03 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Sweet! I'm going!

--------------------
"I'm afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery."
- Aldous Huxley

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: BIG LOTUS SALE AT WALLY WORLD [Re: TinTree]
    #3096136 - 09/05/04 09:38 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

A botanist told me that this species of lotus is not nymphaea cearuela (sp?.. dont feel like looking up the correct spelling.. dialup). I say this because I have seen the blue varities too. I guess Blue Lotus seeds are a little expensive, even when buying bulk.. I am working on getting some from south africa at the moment though. I actually mistook the Blue variety of nymphaea at walmart as blue lotus and proceed to relay that information to a few others, and I just wish to clarify that it is another species.

Regardless, lotus is an amazing plant and has an interesting history, although the psychoactivity of such species may be uncertain. They are still very lovely to have around. Does anyone have information regarding the alkaloid content and the exact species of these plants at walmart?

I've bought a few of these lotus kits in the past but didn't have much luck with them. I find it interesting that walmart sells so many psychoactives . Lotus, Sweet Flag, Coleus , Petunia, Salvia splendins, San pedro (found a 2' pedro for $25. but I have hundreds of them so no need for me to buy it), of course the OTC delieriants and psychoactives..dxm , diphenhydramine, psuedoeph, etc etc...

--------------------

Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

Re: BIG LOTUS SALE AT WALLY WORLD [Re: Aneglakya]
    #3096261 - 09/05/04 10:23 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: BIG LOTUS SALE AT WALLY WORLD [Re: theocean06]
    #3098293 - 09/06/04 10:42 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

No, thats nelumbo nuciferasome people call it a lilly.. its called Nelumbo nucifera. Its suppost to be REALLY good when smoked but truthfully i havent had much luck with it.

I like to smoke blue lotus. I call it the MarshMellow Spirit. It's very tasty and very mellowing but short lived. not very strong , unless you are in tune with it.

I dont know why he's sellign those pods.. they are really common and you can get them almost anywhere, any craft store.

I have a ton of the pods/seeds and foliage of nelumbo.. I was told the seeds are actually very active but upon doing research I only see them being used in chinese medicine for various reasons (I believe expanding the life span.. may be wrong though). Regardless it has some deep roots in philosophy,.

Offlinezombie_biscuit
eater ofchildren
    #3098574 - 09/06/04 12:48 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

the ones I bought were nymphea alba, my mistake calling them a lotus. They are actually a lilly. I know the 2 terms are generally interchangable, although they are not the same flowers. This is the same flower IAS seels as "white lotus"...

http://www.iamshaman.com/eshop/10Expand.asp?ProductUID=1363&ProductCode=WLF-1/2OZ

Suppose to have a similar content to the lotus. I can attest to the power of the blue LILLY, although I have never tried blue LOTUS. I have a bunch of LOTUS peddles on the way. will report later

Offlinetheocean06

#3104770 - 09/07/04 08:06 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Aneglakya said:
No, thats nelumbo nuciferasome people call it a lilly.. its called Nelumbo nucifera. Its suppost to be REALLY good when smoked but truthfully i havent had much luck with it.

Hey, sorry but I just need you to clarify something for me. You said the smoke is suppose to be really good but where you talking about the Nelumbo Nucifera (the plant in my link) or the Nelumbo Nuciferasome (I take it that's the plant you were talking about earlier in this thread)?

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

#3105445 - 09/07/04 10:06 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

hehe thats silly. Nelumbo nucifera that is.. kinda slurred my speach.. I forget i think it was. Cielo Ethnobotanicals that was making some hefty claims about the plant. I just tried to smoke some flowers in a cigarette. It was a little harsh, couldnt hold much in.. My experience has proven nill.. I believe I will move forward to an extraction.

--------------------

Offlinetheocean06

#3106111 - 09/08/04 12:24 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

So neither of them have proven to do anything when the flowers/leaves were smoked? I would just like to grow a lilly since they have such a pretty flower, but if they can have that "extra" benefit that would be great.

--------------------

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

#3106192 - 09/08/04 12:42 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

no. thats not what I said.. there are tons of reports about their psychoactivity. I jsut said I did not have a positive/glowing experience with it.. I'm sure if I worked with it some more I could unlock some of its secrets.. it just doesn't wish to speak to me at this time.. Sometimes plants want to speak to you, and sometimes they dont. Personaly I believe it may have had to do with the fact that I was not humble enough.. you must humble yourself before workign with many of these egotistical and ancient allies.

--------------------

Offlinetheocean06

#3106256 - 09/08/04 12:54 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Hey, I meant to say from your experience but I just messed up the sentence.  Thanks for your help :smile:

--------------------

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

#3107081 - 09/08/04 05:25 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

:wink: Sure thing. By what I hear they have some good potential. But everyone reacts diffrently.

I just found my Merck index again (yah!) so i'm going to do some research on the constituents of nelumbo and its solubility.

Keep in mind that the suspected chemical in Blue Lotus (nymphaea species) , aporphine (apomorphine) is very slightly water soluble and very highly alcohol soluble . Making a sort of 'tea' from blue lotus with water is simply a waste. I have people contact me all the time saying "uR BlUE loTuS SuX0rS. It dIdNT GeT mE FUX0r3d!!" and i'm all like , well how did you make it... then they proceed to show me their ignorance.. This shows why it is important to do plenty of research before experimenting with these plants.. Some of these plants are tricky, some of these plants can kill you.

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #3107485 - 09/08/04 10:55 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

In Thailand they trow away the flowers and eat the stalks in food dishes prepared by locals in small communities. Here is a picture of the lotus they eat.

AS I noted above. They cook the tubes of the plant and trow the flowers away.

mj

Offlinezombie_biscuit
eater ofchildren
Re: BIG LOTUS SALE AT WALLY WORLD [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3109609 - 09/08/04 08:18 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Ok I'll try to clear up the confusion.
Blue Lotus (nymphaea species) This is not correct.
Nymphaea=lilly
Nelumbo=lotus
anything that follows these terms just denotes color
i.e. Nymphaea Alba =White LILLY
Nelumbo nucifera =Blue LOTUS
Nymphaea caerulea =Blue LILLY

I agree with you, blue LOTUS is extreamly harsh, and I didn't get anything from it. I have just recently tried nymphaea caerulea (blue LILLY) flowers and got nothing from them either. I also recieved Nymphaea alba (white LILLY) flowers, again, very harsh, no effect, BUT the effect of Nymphaea caerulea (blue LILLY) 15x FLOWER ONLY resin knocked my socks off. Gave me a very nice opiate high, nice grin, very mellow. SO...conclusion...screw the flowers, buy the 15x flower only (VERY important) resin and enjoy.
Hope this didn't come off like a sarcastic jerk, it was not intended that way =)

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

#3113813 - 09/09/04 03:38 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Thats right. Thanks Zombie!

--------------------

OfflineJaguarWarrior101
ShamanicAlchemist InTraining
Male User Gallery

Loc: State of Euphoria
    #4073546 - 04/19/05 07:03 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

zombie_biscuit said:
Ok I'll try to clear up the confusion.
Blue Lotus (nymphaea species) This is not correct.
Nymphaea=lilly
Nelumbo=lotus
anything that follows these terms just denotes color
i.e. Nymphaea Alba =White LILLY
Nelumbo nucifera =Blue LOTUS
Nymphaea caerulea =Blue LILLY

If this is true there is a wide confusion all over the net, even at Erowid:
"Nymphaea caerulea (blue lotus) is a water lotus with beautiful blue flowers.
It is believed to have been used by the ancient Egyptians as a medicine and ritual herb.
Dried flowers are sometimes smoked for a mild sedative effect."

Dictionary.com:
Nymphaea

\Nym*ph[ae]"a\, n. [L., the water lily, Gr. ?.] (Bot.) A genus of aquatic plants having showy flowers (white, blue, pink, or yellow, often fragrant), including the white water lily and the Egyptia lotus.

Note: Recent critics have endeavored to show that this genus should be called Castalia, and the name Nymph[ae]a transferred to what is now known as Nuphar.

Offlinestevo
 User Gallery

Re: BIG LOTUS SALE AT WALLY WORLD [Re: JaguarWarrior101]
    #4073919 - 04/19/05 08:51 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I didn't have that much effect from smoking Nelumbo Nucifera zombie. It was a bit of an insult to the lungs smoking bowl after bowl but when i made tea it was much of a stronger effect. It tasted a bit like soap though.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: DXM, Salvia, San Pedro, pH Test Strips

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden