Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Has that 80's satanism completely been forgoten? [Re: kadakuda]
    #3104795 - 09/07/04 06:10 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Goths were an ancient Germanic tribe. They did not were black makeup and spiky hair. They were big, burly, white men with beards and axes. I would prefer to be gothic in that manner.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
    #3106025 - 09/07/04 10:03 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

kadakuda said:
been a coupel years since i learned all this at school.  by the way i mad eup the word gothism, just meant gothis in a fancy way.  Gothic as a religion, according to our teacher, was mroe of a group of similar religions.  like that of christianity as it has many many different variations.  anglican, catholoc etc.  it was not as one thing such as say Roman catholic.  i am relearning lots baout what school has tought me though.  they really dont seem to knwop their stuff too well, so i may just be passing on pure bull shit?  made sense though.

kadakuda, ok. That makes sense. It sounds as if your teacher might have been applying the term "gothic" to a broad cross-section of indigenous european tribal religions from the first millennium. I'm not an expert on religion, but there were many of them with similar attributes, and I believe they even later spawned interesting hybrids with christianity. Some day, I should research this, as my historical knowledge of that era is pretty weak...

Your made up term "gothism" just wasn't something that I could easily look up and find a body of research on, so I was confused. I did find a couple of instances where people seemed to make it interchangeable with paganism and wicca, but I wasn't going to bank on that. I also found an interesting web-site entry that claimed "gothism" was a philosophy developed by Trent Reznor of the band Nine Inch Nails which taught that it was healthy to be depressed. That's another one I wasn't prepared to bet the farm on. Your explanation that you made up the term, based on something your teacher was saying, will make me sleep much better tonight. :laugh:

--------------------

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: Has that 80's satanism completely been forgoten? [Re: Papaver]
    #3106417 - 09/07/04 11:24 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Whose up on this group emerging from the goth scene called "otherkin" . These are people who feel very unhuman. They feel like they are missing wings and fangs and scales and horns and tails. They are very confused as human beings.

Some people think they are reptillion draconians incarnated as humans looking to integrate with humans and human emotions for their own spiritual growth.

Most of them seem to be misinterpreting the experience thinking they are evil or something and just accept it.

I forget who wrote about Satanisim being a form of self service that worships nothing. I thought Satinist worshiped the devil and derived their power from that source????? I don't know much about it. Where does the sacrifcing crap come in? They must worship something if they have to make sacrificial offerings to it.

I read a few months back about magi's who summoned up dark forces to cast spells and how eventually, use of those powers turned on all of them badly.

Interesting subject to explore for sure! Good post idea!

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
Re: Has that 80's satanism completely been forgoten? [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3107446 - 09/08/04 08:40 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

They are very confused as human beings.

Might want to leave out the 'as'. IMO it's the same as people feeling they were born with one limb too many. Nutcases.

Quote:

forget who wrote about Satanisim being a form of self service that worships nothing. I thought Satinist worshiped the devil and derived their power from that source?????

As I understand it, "Satan" used to be a Germanic (?) word for knowledge. Worshipping Satan in that aspect is just symbolic. Some, of course, take it literally, like Christianity has been taken literally.
If one does worship knowlegde, selfishness and human potential, why not call yourself a humanist, a hedonist or a scientist? Are there other reasons than image and wanting attention?
Others claim they worship Satan. In that case, Satan is an entity and the dualistic counterpart of JHWH. Those worshippers should end the christian bashing and grow up.

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: Has that 80's satanism completely been forgoten? [Re: Alan Stone]
    #3107517 - 09/08/04 09:13 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

ahhhhhhhh

so satinism is a german deritive of the worship of knowlede which of course is the difference with devil worship ie worshipping a symbolic entity. Though, don't people who worship Satan primarily do so for his knowledge and the power that comes from it? Is their really a difference in the end?

I agree that a worshipper of knowledge would be more accurate calling themselves a humanist, hedonist or scientist. There are some satanists in this thread. Maybe they can answer for us why they call themselves satanists? And maybe they can explain if Satanist have issues with jesus?

I agree that my use of the word "as" might as well not be there because they are HUMAN. I put it in to emphasis how absolutely disconnected from the human experience these people feel. Reading their stories was really sad. I wondered if it was some sort of neurosis developed from extreme self rejection. Yet, where did the common theme of these missing dragon/vampire like body parts come from???????

Allllllllll curiousities to me!

Thanks for german info Alan!

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
Re: Has that 80's satanism completely been forgoten? [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3107992 - 09/08/04 12:36 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Nono, Satan is surely no german word. I think it comes from shaitan, which is arabic (? somebody has pointed out before)
And the point of knowledge is a good point. I think, they celebrate the knowledge, the human by himself can do and the power, which he reaches from this, without any godly believe. The rituals, I think, are breaking common rules, what make them stand out of morality. The more they stand out of morality, the more they get self-powered, as rulers over others.
I think, they worship satan, as someone who tought them this.
The main theme is the disconnection with any kind of god, lifting the ego and the human itself to the highest levels without morality. Everything is for the use and benefit of oneself.

I am only puzzling, too. But here, people of the highest levels of society are verrry deep into secret real satanism (as teachers, professors, doctors, jurists, etc...)
Totally crazy shit, with maaaannnny cruelized victims :frown:
I once saw a real report about a personal disorderd multiple, who was abused in many rituals and came free somehow. Now everybody thought she was crazy, but she told and showed the reporter-team some facts, which were beyond any doubt. Total hell for her for sure, and perfide structured satanistic underground-society :frown:

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Has that 80's satanism completely been forgoten? [Re: Northernsoul]
    #3109923 - 09/08/04 07:24 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, that 80s Satanism sure was much better than the Millenium Satanism. Give me that old time religion...

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#3122354 - 09/11/04 12:58 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

In my opinion Satanism is just reactionary. It's rebellion against Christianity but it doesn't escape the same damn paradigm Christianity stands upon. To really rebel against something thats hurt us and the world we need to reject it in its entirety, not just mirror it.

OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Loc: The will to power
Re: Has that 80's satanism completely been forgoten? [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #3123443 - 09/11/04 07:20 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I worship the devil

--------------------
--------------------
We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth!

InvisibleLazerouth
Drunkard

Loc: England
    #3126291 - 09/12/04 03:17 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

All gothics are is an offshoot of the new romantics from te 80s. I think what happened is the new romantics got so tired of having the shite kicked out of them every night they got depressed and started wearing black capes instead of purple crevats.

Edited by Lazerouth (09/12/04 03:30 PM)

OfflineHerbanShaman
I am the Walrus

Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
    #3126721 - 09/12/04 06:24 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

As part of a small neo-goth crowd I'd like to say that I find stereotyping of what is largely a fashion oriented movement offended. Most goths/punks who I assoicate with are highly spiritual but unreligious and are more educated than most about religion and its history. One of my "goth" friends was raised an athiest in china and is now a fanatical bible thumper; to each thier own. My point is that goths are not a true group and the individuals that dress in this fashion are as varied as the fashion itself (I dress techno-goth). Most of us just want to express ourselves through clothing. I dress alternatively because it is the only fashion that I like, the same reasons most choose thier clothing.

--------------------
"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand. I ask them and they answer me. When I return from the trip that I have taken with them, I tell what they have told me and what they have shown me."
-- Mazatec shaman

Offlinehalfoz
Stranger
    #3135401 - 09/14/04 05:00 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

You ALL need help!!!!

OfflineElfWizard
Wizard
Loc: The middle,Outside,nowher...
    #3135501 - 09/14/04 05:18 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Doctor said "Lucifer is a pretty decent guy. he just gets a bad rap."
Acually close to the truth Lucifer was around before cristians He was a Sun god and was supposed to be really Hansome how or why "Lucifer" became tied to Satan I'm not shure the research gets a little hard at that point as far as I can tell it was another attempt by the Cristian relegion to surpress other forms of belife. Seems to have worked too now you can't say his name without people thinking satan  so all you Satanist out there you'll want to steer clear of him or you won't be dealing with satan just someone who got tied to him.
:smirk:
No offence meant to Cristians on here. Just stateing Historical info that can be looked up for yourself.

--------------------
"Fear is the Mind Killer"
Frank Herbert's Dune

"Shoot straight, conserve ammo and never cut a deal with a dragon"
Shadowrun street Proverb

To announce there must be no critisism of the president or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong is not only unpatriotic and servile but is morally treasonous to the american public
Pres. Theodore Roosevelt

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3135605 - 09/14/04 05:41 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

satan is the evil you would be willing to do to yourself? :P
it is still there, people just no longer share it whit others as it's grown to be a personal issue :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds