Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Malt Extract, Pressure Cooker

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleBlueMan
Stranger
Hawk's finch seed...
    #309506 - 05/04/01 06:59 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Can anyone recommend any adaptions to this method or is it fine just the way it is? Any suggestions will help. thanks

I've done the math enough to know, the dangers of our second guessings doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication

--------------------
I've done the math enough to know, the dangers of our second guessings doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Hawk's finch seed... [Re: BlueMan]
    #309549 - 05/04/01 08:05 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I use it just like it is written but I cook all grains it helps ME so i do not add to much water I am always screwing up my moisture ratio

behind every great fortune there is an even greater crime

Anonymous

Re: Hawk's finch seed... [Re: BlueMan]
    #309557 - 05/04/01 08:26 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah here is an adaptation......

After you steep the seed for 45 minutes.......put the seed in a strainer and strain out all the EXCESS water, yes, i'm referring to the 'pure nutrient juice', strain it out..... then mix your dry ingredients. THEN if you want to add more moisture, add some of that 'nutrient juice', if you accidentally add to much moisture..... I have found that some 'potato flour' added will dry/absorb it up nicely, giving it the right texture. If your mixture feels 'slimy' or 'squishy' then it has too much moisture, it should feel more 'dry 'ish' ' then 'wet', and should be 'clumpy'. I never use the 'ratio' anymore..... I always steep the seed in a rice cooker with 'casting compost' and sometimes 'dung' added, or whatever is laying around ..... then strain out the excess water after, then toss in my dry ingredients and mix until it feels right, and has a nice texture. I always use different 'blends' of ground seeds and rice.... you can add barley malt extract too..... flax is always included. :) That is one of the funnest parts of this hobby, making random concoctions..... The mycelium just eats the hell out of this stuff. HMF is a great place to start, don't be afraid to experiment though.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Malt Extract, Pressure Cooker

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation