Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Where do we go from here?
    #3094463 - 09/05/04 11:31 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I've been having the strangest feelings of deja vu recently, almost like society has already experienced everything we as people can currently offer.

I've seen that as separate races we conquered the Earth, and since we ran out of room to annex, the races are slowly beginning to mix together. (Relatively) Soon we will not be black, or white, or Indian, or whatever, we will simply be earthlings since we all share our planet together no matter what. Is it about time we conquer the solar system in the name of earth and 'manifest destiny?' Or is there something society must achieve before we are able to travel the cosmos?

Basically I'd like to hear where you guys think we will (can) go from here.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Re: Where do we go from here? [Re: IamHungry]
    #3094476 - 09/05/04 11:36 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Simply put: Anywhere already. Brain can generate anything you want. (Or could imagine wanting :wink:

User Gallery

#3094555 - 09/05/04 12:01 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I'd rather share than conquer, thats for sure.

As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

Arcade Champion: Frogger

Loc: space
    #3095008 - 09/05/04 02:41 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

"People have round shoulders from bearing heavy loads
And the soldiers liberate them, laying mines along their roads
Sorrow paid for valor is too much to recall
Of the countless corpses piled up along the wailing wall

Melting down all metals, turning plowshares to swords
Shun words of the Bible, we need implements of war
Chalklines and red puddles of those who have been slain
Destiny, that crooked schemer, says the dead shall rise again

Where do we go from here?
And should we really care?
The end is finally here,
God have mercy!

Now we've rewritten history
The one thing we've found out
Sweet taste of vindication
It turns to ashes in your mouth"

peace, pot, and microdot!

Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #3095526 - 09/05/04 05:20 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

where do we go from here?

A. our unsustainable society continues apace, until its foundational structures collapse and the resources it runs on drys out. At that point the wealthy and powerfull well be the only ones secure, and the rest will be left to fend for themselves. Our culture will crumble, and the nescessities of life such as food and water will no longer be available in metropolis areas. Populations will disperse and diminish massively, and the only survivors will be those who can scavenge a living in the husks of cities like raccoons or those who can readapt to a more natural and 'primitive' form of life, either personal agrarian or hunter gatherer... thus humanity will return to a sustainable state and global disaster will narrowly be avoided. Or else it will be to late and the worlds ecosystems will collapse into toxic slime, leaving the globe habitable only for cockroaches and single celled organisms.

B. SAme as above, only those in power will realize in time that crude oil and such is a finite resource rapidly being expended, and will finally take steps towards alternative clean energy methods, etc. Likewise, maybe people will wake up and start using those trillions of dollars to clean up the enviroment, help the third world, establish global unity, extend the hand of friendship etc etc instead of building nukes, tanks, and bullets.

C. The illusion of this reality structure will be finally and completely escaped, at least by many, and we will be free to create our realities in full divine awareness, and the 'kingdom will come on earth as it is in heaven' , forever putting an end to such farcical atrocities as famine, disease, war etc

D. The first world will continue draining the worlds wealth into smaller and smaller population groups, until eventually an tiny super elite group will establish a utopia of burgeois wealth, pursuing every kind of material and intellectual distraction well the rest of the world burns. These people may indeed go on to conquer the cosmos, or something

E. something else will happen

Everything I post is fiction. All art by Hellzen

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology