Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Mimosa Hostilis

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineQuoiyaien
><<<<0>>>><
Male User Gallery

Phalaris Extract on weed?
    #3092562 - 09/04/04 09:27 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

What do you guys think of growing Phalaris, then extracting using a wheat grass juicer, then letting it evaporate onto some weed?  That way, I have good crystals, for a pure DMT trip, and then my special weed with the phalaris extract. What do you guys think of this?  Could this work?

Peace  :smile:

--------------------
There are an infinite number of ways to interpret experience... The trick is not to fall for any of them

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: Phalaris Extract on weed? [Re: Quoiyaien]
    #3093383 - 09/05/04 12:43 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

too much risk for me. all teh things you hear about it, phalaris, with livestock seems to attach itself to humans. i havnt read a thing that seems reliable, but i dont wanna risk it.

having weed on a dmt trip would probably jsut be a waste. i dotn think it *could* effect anything while on DMT, maybe help after?

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

OfflineQuoiyaien
><<<<0>>>><
Male User Gallery

Re: Phalaris Extract on weed? [Re: kadakuda]
    #3093404 - 09/05/04 12:47 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I was thinking a smaller amount of DMT on the weed.  Just enough to induce the "tryptamine giggles"

Peace :rasta:

--------------------
There are an infinite number of ways to interpret experience... The trick is not to fall for any of them

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

#3095106 - 09/05/04 03:14 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

What you would have would not be an extract of phalaris.. it would be liquified grass and the concentration would be so low that you would not succumb to the effects. You absolutely would not end up with "good crystals". You dont get crystals unless you do a real extract. You would end up with liquid plant matter.. Even a crappy alcohol extract (which generally doesn't produce a potent end product) would be a better alternative.

--------------------

OfflineQuoiyaien
><<<<0>>>><
Male User Gallery

Re: Phalaris Extract on weed? [Re: Aneglakya]
    #3095133 - 09/05/04 03:23 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Hmm, in editing the post, I seemed to miss some details.  I dont plan at all on getting crystals from the phalaris.  I am in the midst of Vovins Extraction using MHRB.  I forgot to put that in.  Oh well...

--------------------

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

#3095270 - 09/05/04 04:05 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

oh, well then you have something, but smoking DMT like you would weed isn't the best way to do it. Vaporizing is your best bet. I"m sure you know this though. I like Vovins tech, very simple to comprehend.
Phalaris is a shitty source of tryptamine. Its best if you have a strain that has been analysed and the alkaloid content is known, even still the strains aren't always stable and can produce inferior seed and inferior end products due to lower concentrations of alkaloids. Despite Jim DeKornes previous claims about making highly potent phalaris goo, MRHB is one of the best sources.

Good luck on your extraction!

--------------------

OfflineQuoiyaien
><<<<0>>>><
Male User Gallery

#3095337 - 09/05/04 04:25 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks man!  I dont know if you have read D.M. Turners (sp?) Psychedelic guide, but it mentions in there that you can add DMT to weed to induce a light tryptamine experience a la "tryptamine giggles".  I plan on doing as many things as possible to the phalaris to raise alkaloid content.  Although, in all honesty, I probably wont even get around to it.  Just more of an idea than a plan.  However, the mimosa is a go.

--------------------

Edited by Quoiyaien (09/05/04 04:30 PM)

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

#3095753 - 09/05/04 07:05 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Ah yes, the late DM Turner wrote a very nice book that is difficult to find.. He has passed on and the family refuses to make public his true identity, as that was an alias. DMT :smile:  . That was one of the first books that I ever purchased on psychedelia and now I own several hundred (including books on ethnobotany, all of shultes books, nearly all of otts cept the hard to find ones, shamanism and ancient cultures, organic chemistry, and the list goes on).

That book is great to spark interest in psychedelics, even though its a bit outdated now.. Phalaris is a very .. trivial plant... several species have been raised not to produce alkaloids , due to the fact that it was causing stagers (no this isn't some gov. conspiracy to irradicate DMT). and many varieties are void of some alkaloids, high in others.. its hard to differentiate without the proper lab techniques or access to the right equipment.. even within one hybrid/strain the content can vary a lot going from very high concentrations of NN and 5meo to being absolutely void of them.. just not really an economical source, and especially so if harvesting from wild plants.. there are some people that would disagree but upon bioassaying said material, I still hold my position.

--------------------

OfflineDadeMurphy
H4x0r

#3100491 - 09/06/04 09:42 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------

Anonymous

#5134688 - 01/03/06 02:14 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Aneglakya said:
oh, well then you have something, but smoking DMT like you would weed isn't the best way to do it. Vaporizing is your best bet. I"m sure you know this though.
Good luck on your extraction!

But, let's say you had some crystals in the middle of say a blunt or joint, wouldn't the heat from the ember in the end vaporize it before it reached the actual crystals and burned it up?

Offlinehnc
Toad Wrangler
 User Gallery

Loc: Maine
Re: Phalaris Extract on weed? [Re: Anonymous]
    #5134739 - 01/03/06 02:34 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I suppose it could, but you'd be getting a slow trickle instead of the sudden vaporization that you'd recieve from other methods.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Mimosa Hostilis

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden