Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleCrasher
αἱρετίζω
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Tardy to the Party
so what about dunking?
    #308587 - 05/03/01 02:58 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Help me out here. How do I milk dunk? would soy milk be better? How about dog food water, sterilized? should I dunk at birth? How about dunking an entire casing, or spraying it with sterile soy milk?? Please help me out on this one

As of 04-10-01, I hereby declare myself an official Mycelial Ninja. Others may join, its a free dojo.
never do business with Jamisoninc.com, He rips you off and then calls you a liar.

--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCrasher
αἱρετίζω
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Tardy to the Party
Re: so what about dunking? [Re: Crasher]
    #308627 - 05/03/01 03:39 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I know its very annoying and rude to bump up an unreplied thread, but this dunk think is Killing me!

As of 04-10-01, I hereby declare myself an official Mycelial Ninja. Others may join, its a free dojo.
never do business with Jamisoninc.com, He rips you off and then calls you a liar.

--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
    #309127 - 05/04/01 06:08 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

if you want to dunk in skimmilk or dogfood water, the dunk must be done under refridgeration, no longer than 12 hours total dunk time.
for more info, click the link below

http://mycotopia.yage.net

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

OfflineShroomdude
journeyman

Re: so what about dunking? [Re: Hippie3]
    #309194 - 05/04/01 08:48 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

take a look at my post "Nice 1st post-dunk cake flush! Takealook ---->" That's what dunking is all about dude!

Myceli__what????

--------------------
Myceli__what????

OfflineFoe20kid
    #309219 - 05/04/01 09:55 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Although I am almost positive that hippie knows quite a bit more than My freind does about dunking, but i have seen his results and they are good.

first off, dunking with anything will introduce possible contamination to your cake or casing. However, dunking with a casing you are taking more of a risk, because there are parts of the casing which have not been colonized by the mycelia. It is much safer to dunk with cakes. But if you must dunk a casing (not discouraged, just difficult to perfect) my friend would suggest boiled bottled water, some would say this is a little much, but my freind says it is only takes 20 min, so who gives a fuck time is all we got.
go 12-24 hours on the dunk and then drain. if you use skimmilk then you have to rinse the casing real well, which might not do the trick, my freind has lost enuf unspent casings to milk rott (which smells utterly disgusting). If you are going to dunk a cake pretty much same applies, just put the cake into a clean sterile jar (put it in the toaster oven at 400 degrees for 20 min, or if you got a better method...) and fill it to the brim with water, put the lid on, and put that bitch in the frig. My friend says that most people probably don't take as many sterility procautions as he does, but he has not lost a cake to contams in quite some time. as for soy milk, my friend has no knowledge of it, you can dunk at birth but it is no needed. The best way to learn is to start fucking around, but pay close attention to what you are doing, so that if something goes wrong you can figure it out. peace, and good luck.

Why are you reading this at the bottom of this post this is here for no reason.

--------------------

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
Re: so what about dunking? [Re: Foe20kid]
    #309841 - 05/05/01 09:16 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

if you try to dunk a casing, even in just water, it should be refridgerated for the duration of the dunk.
grains esp. rot fast at room temp with excess water present.

http://mycotopia.yage.net

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

InvisibleMalkoth
Stalking Butler

Re: so what about dunking? [Re: Hippie3]
    #309895 - 05/05/01 11:22 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

i just threw out one of my cakes today cause i dunked it for 14 hours and it got contaminated. i probably did something horribly wrong though. i took a clean canning jar and a clean lid, put the cake in, filled it up with tap water and closed the jar. i put it on a shelf in the closet and let it sit for 14 hours. when i went to take the cake out and dry it off i smelled this really bad sour yet sweet smell. i knew something was wrong but i didnt see anything on the cake that was bad except for some really bad looking bruising.

im still trying to learn and everything, i have 2 more cakes that im about to harvest and im going to have to rehydrate them somehow. although im kinda scared to dunk now since i fucked up that cake. if anyone can point out a flaw in my procedure i would appreciate it.

OfflineFoe20kid
Re: so what about dunking? [Re: Malkoth]
    #309980 - 05/05/01 02:11 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

put that shit in the frig, and sterilize the jar and the water before you put the cake in it. try not to touch the cake so much if it was bruised.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix