Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewhitemonkey
cunning linguist
growing in the tropics
    #3090545 - 09/04/04 07:52 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

greetings fellow enthusiasts. i have searched the site, truly, and have yet to find an answer to my question. perhaps someone among you will be able to enlighten me. i am living in taiwan, where daily temperatures are still in the 30's. is this going to be too hot for my babies to grow? there will not be a problem with the humidity level, for sure, but i am just wondering how too high a temperature might influence the outcome. it will be difficult to get a 23-26 degree temperature inside the terranium, i think. any suggestions?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSCIOpenEyedDream
DillusionalDreamer

Loc: Western Europe
Re: growing in the tropics [Re: whitemonkey]
    #3090560 - 09/04/04 08:01 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Too high of temps can kill spores and allow for no growth. You could get 2 terrarium bins the exact same size. Put one down, fill it with ice water, and then put the second one inside the first, allowing it to float. This will really reduce the temps. I saw this recommended before, tried it, and it worked great. To fruit you only need to reach mid 70s usually though. Even upper 70s... just have to drop from what they were incubated at. It may take slightly longer to grow though.

--------------------
Everything I say on this board is a lie.

Eat more string cheese. It's good for you.

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: growing in the tropics [Re: SCIOpenEyedDream]
    #3092092 - 09/04/04 04:59 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

You will definately need to get an air conditioner. There's no way around it.

There are some higher temp strains that I haven't ever tried. You could try one of those...

However, with PF classic you would absolutely need AC.

-FF

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
    #3092107 - 09/04/04 05:04 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

grow cambo's and enjoy!
they fruit well in heat and deliver a nice high iko

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Offlinewhitemonkey
cunning linguist
Re: growing in the tropics [Re: george castanza]
    #3093844 - 09/05/04 01:47 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i'm a bit of a novice in this field, so no idea what cambos are. shall do some research though, because heat is plentiful in these parts. in response to fastfred's comment - i do have aircon, and had thought of this, but it seemed a bit of extreme way to control the temperature - hugely energy inefficient considering the small growkit i am working with. still, i am committed to doing whatever is necessary to enjoy a successful inaugural foray into the world of shroom growing. as for the the suggestion of using ice water - i am willing to try this, but is it not going to be a little difficult to determine temperature? sounds like that could be a science in itself. still, my thanks to you all for your suggestions.

Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
    #3093882 - 09/05/04 02:07 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

whitemonkey said:
i'm a bit of a novice in this field, so no idea what cambos are. 

very nice and fast growing cubensis from Cambodia.
This is by far one of the fastest colonizing strains of cubensis -Clyde- has ever seen. He has given it to a few Amsterdamn growers who witnessed the same results. Let me give you an example. 3 days after inoculation, the strain germinated and 100% coloinzed 1/2 pint finch seed/verm jars in only 7 days. It was then cased and started pinning 10 days after being cased with a 1" thick casing layer. Mushrooms were harvested 25 days after inoculation. Every patch he has planted has given him the same amazing resluts...this strain just thrives to spread its sacred seed. He has seen a lot of different strains of psilocybe mushrooms grow over the years.. but this one takes the gold metal for one of the fasted growing cubensis.
Not only do they grow extremely quick, but produce some absolutly beautiful textbook cubensis.
This cubensis was originally picked by John Allen while in Cambodia filming some of the psilocybe mushrooms that are growing there. The Cambodians have also found this to be one of the most potent cubensis they have ever eaten, deliverying a very nice energetic high that tended to last quite a while. Its not an extremely intense experience, just very energetic and lasts a long long time. Very smooth as well without much body noise. This one really wakes you up in a beautiful way. If you like the eneregetic entheogenic journeys from these mushrooms, this is your ticket to an all night exploration. Let God In!
John Allen and his film grew said they found it to be very potent for a cubensis as well.
:crazy2:
copied and pasted from thehawkseye.com with love and care  :nut:

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
    #3093895 - 09/05/04 02:12 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

here is the rest of it

As for cultivating conditions, -Clyde- sais it does really well on finch or birdseed, eats through grains, fruits on dung well, loves compost, and seems to love high temps. He had this mushroom colonize rapidly in 85f+ temps.. and fruited at 93F+ temps with no problem. It loves heat!!!! It also generates lots of heat, so he comensates for this when incubating and fruiting. This is definatly the summer mushroom of choice. We've also heard back from Amsterdam growers that the jars of mycelium put off a lot of heat.... not many mushroosm do well in those high of temps.... definatly your outdoor late spring/summer strain. It took a while.. but -Clyde- has domesticated this strain... and it is very stable now. It also resists contamination very well.
Recently a lot of pictures have been surfacing of this cub doing very well in outdoor patches at cooler temperatures as well. Another thing -Clyde- noticed and heard back from other Amsterdam growers, is sometimes it produces nice smooth stems, and beautiful caps, textbook cubs, then other times it produces some lumpy stems. They also produce and abundance of mushrooms in a small area. Not a very large growing mushroom on grains, but produces some very large fruits on dung or compost. On grains they make up for the small size by producing a lot of mushrooms in a small area. Be sure and check out the pictures of the cambodians on compost below, this mushroom produces some really beautiful fruits.

-Clydes Notes- For colonization 75F-80f, not much higher because they throw off a lot of heat. For fruiting, it will fruit in lower temps of 60F, but it loves heat once again... fruiting will occur from 60F to 93f+.... yes.. 93F+ :smile: This is one of -Clyde's- favorite cubensis strains because its so fast colonizing and fruiting and is very easy on the mind, body and soul.

Now for some pictures :smile:
-Clyde- grew these out using 2 1/2 pints worth of finch seed/vermiculite as spawn, mixed that with about 5 lbs. of compost, then cased with 50/50+ mix. As you can see, they grow very large and beautiful on compost.

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
    #3093899 - 09/05/04 02:16 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3093907 - 09/05/04 02:24 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Does it maintain it's high speed in 70-72 degree temps?

-FF

Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
Re: growing in the tropics [Re: fastfred]
    #3093923 - 09/05/04 02:34 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

colonizing no
fruiting yes
as a matter of fact it fruits quite well at cooler temps too! :whoa: :blazed:

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3093958 - 09/05/04 02:57 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Will it still perform average colonizing at 70-72? They say it throws off a lot of heat, maybe it'll keep the jars warm...

-FF

Invisiblemuse_sick
ĤŌĿŶĞЋ0$Ŧ

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Giu La Testa
    #3093969 - 09/05/04 03:04 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

george, you're green!
are you okay?

--------------------
:beakedwhale:

Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
    #3093972 - 09/05/04 03:04 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

fastfred said:
Will it still perform average colonizing at 70-72?  They say it throws off a lot of heat, maybe it'll keep the jars warm...

-FF

yup ,
kramer used to keep cambo's colonizing to keep the rest of his jars warm before he got a heater :tongue2:

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
Re: growing in the tropics [Re: muse_sick]
    #3093985 - 09/05/04 03:09 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

muse_sick said:
george, you're green!
are you okay?

ya i'm fine .
just been token on a CHONGBONG thats all :eek:

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Invisiblemuse_sick
ĤŌĿŶĞЋ0$Ŧ

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Giu La Testa
    #3093987 - 09/05/04 03:11 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

well congrats!

--------------------
:beakedwhale:

Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
Re: growing in the tropics [Re: muse_sick]
    #3094003 - 09/05/04 03:20 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

:thanx: :cheers:
ya and you really need to get the cambo's up to temp somehow for the first few days and then they just start kicking out the heat, man are they hot! :whoa: :gd_icon: :blazed:

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3094010 - 09/05/04 03:26 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the answers George. Where could I get the best/most domesticated spores of this amazing mushie?

-FF

Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
    #3094021 - 09/05/04 03:32 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

kramer says that he is 90% sure this is the cambo that all of the shroomery vendors have...so who ever your favorite vendor is go with them  :pimpslap:

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules