Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
vVv Free seed thread rule suggestions vVv
    #3088196 - 09/03/04 04:12 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

John suggested that we not allow Morning Glory seeds in the free seed thread. What say we? And do we have any other rule suggestions, or clarification of existing rules?
Allow Morning Glory seeds in the Free Seed Thread?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (09/03/04 12:00 AM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
Re: vVv Free seed thread rule suggestions vVv [Re: neuro]
    #3088244 - 09/03/04 04:22 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I'd say only allow mg seeds if it's a quantity like 1/2 oz or more. Also, poppy seeds should be a minimum of 1/2 teaspoon. The person who takes the seeds offered should have at least one trade feedback or have been registered for at least 6 months. At least we got rid of saying "some" that's an improvement right there.

Stoney

Onlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: vVv Free seed thread rule suggestions vVv [Re: Stonehenge]
    #3088341 - 09/03/04 04:51 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah I agree. 15 MG seeds are pretty useless for the average seed collector.

--------------------

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: vVv Free seed thread rule suggestions vVv [Re: Stonehenge]
    #3088372 - 09/03/04 04:59 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

why no trade rating? cant it work on the honer system? i havnt traded anything on this site till a couple days ago, and i dotn see any other way to get a trade rating, as i dont grow shrooms. personally i think that makes it too hard to get a trade rating, just my opinion.

have people gotten ripped off or somthing? i really hope not, this is by far my favorite part of the site right here.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Onlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Re: vVv Free seed thread rule suggestions vVv [Re: kadakuda]
    #3088383 - 09/03/04 05:01 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I'm open to trading with first time traders. I think this should be up to the descretion of whoever accepts the trader's offer. :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#3088927 - 09/03/04 07:08 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

First of all: I think few realize how important the seedtrading is for diversity within the species we cultivate. Oh your Morning Glory will pollinate your Detroit neigbours Morning Glories and set seed, but the bees from your vines will carry Takashi's Yokohama pollen all over the local USA area.

This means the -species- in your region benefits because the bees from your garden kinda flew 10.000 miles to your neigbour! This will result in better, stronger plants (prettier flowers too!)

And that Takashi grows Illinois Bundleflower in his Japanese garden.. now isnt that a wonderful thought?

Definately allow Ipomoea violacea/tricolor & the like!

There are low-yielders and high yielders (heavenly blue being much sought after) and not everybody has access to true Tlitliltzin.

Many packages bear all sorts of synonyms or even misnomers that bewilder n00b gardeners. When you get a shroomery packet of "Morning Glory".. you know its not Convolvulus sp. You know it isnt the ubiquitous Ipomoea purpurea that only acts as a laxative.. You know it is an entheogenically active Aztec Tlitliltzin because it has been grown with love by a entheogenic gardener and not machinefarmed and treated with chemicals or bred to be pretty but almost devoid of alkaloids.. You know it's the Real Thing :thumbup:

I do believe it is necessary to establish within the rules that one may offer a seed of their own and pass on the offer made before him to the next poster so that a stalled thread can be pushed on by the offer of the new seeds plus the seeds of the former poster. This way it is clear in the rules you can boost the thread and just offer seed whenever you feel like it.
(thus donate, not trade, the benefactor does not have to give his own adress if he just sends and pays postage too, great to get seed to people with low/no trade rating) 

Another good rule is this one: that you can offer three seedpacks of same or even three package deals (package deal = five kinds of ornamental poppies in one offer). under the condition that the recepient offers the two other seed packs seperately later on in the thread for trade -after- he recieved them.

THe beauty of this is that the sender can help out three gardeners by paying -one postage- and the recepient pays -two postages at most-
This will cause more seed trade opportunities per species, a humming thread and.. a n00b gardener can accept such a 3-packet deal because it gives him something to trade even if he had nothing before this will mean more trade, more garden patches and more gardeners, even n00b gardeners who now can start out -and- trade.

These are my 2 cents for the moment, i hope the ideas hold appeal.

...People gardening their own entheogens. Have Nature providing for just yourself. Subtler herbal stuff. Taking the drug labs, arrests, shifty deals and cut-up stuff, chemicals, violence and organized crime funding out of the loop...
Psychedelic garden world-domination man, that's the 21th Century :evil:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Onlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Re: vVv Free seed thread rule suggestions vVv [Re: Asante]
    #3088940 - 09/03/04 07:12 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I'm seriously considering starting a free ethno seed site similar to the free spore rings that have sprung up. It's on my to-do list :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: vVv Free seed thread rule suggestions vVv [Re: deff]
    #3088997 - 09/03/04 07:27 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Absolutely do that man!

I'll plug the link if its a good site! (plug as in: promote, not anally insert :evil:)

If I can think along a lil for your site once its under construction just PM me. I sounded gung-ho but i really believe in the cause. Of entheogens one only uses so few doses a year. (you can for instance grow all the Salvia your small team will smoke in a windowsill and take cuttings too, morning glories are pretty and are "the poor man's psychedelic" of guaranteed purity; San Pedro seeds will in 10 years supply all your psychedelic buddies with all the genuine mesc-cactus they'll want with no skills or effort required whatsoever)

You take crime and punishment out of the loop and won't fund organised crime -or- the War on Drugs by buying that shite!

You don't just grow "highs", you'll grow health, happiness and responsibility, just what the community needs! :heart:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Onlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

#3089034 - 09/03/04 07:35 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for your kind support, I sent you a PM with details.

I hope to start this weekend, and the domain will be ethnoseeds.com (the current design is getting scrapped - as it's now a free seed exchange rather than a business).

:heart:

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: vVv Free seed thread rule suggestions vVv [Re: deff]
    #3089110 - 09/03/04 07:58 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Scratching Profit for the Cause: GOOD KARMA :thumbup:

--->PM

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #3090154 - 09/04/04 01:24 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

>>First of all: I think few realize how important the seedtrading is for diversity within the species we cultivate. Oh your Morning Glory will pollinate your Detroit neigbours Morning Glories and set seed, but the bees from your vines will carry Takashi's Yokohama pollen all over the local USA area.

While you're more than correct, the interest of that rule was to keep the thread from fallign stagnent as it seems most view MG as less appealing and easier to acquire without working the postage system to get it.

>>Many packages bear all sorts of synonyms or even misnomers that bewilder n00b gardeners. When you get a shroomery packet of "Morning Glory".. you know its not Convolvulus sp. You know it isnt the ubiquitous Ipomoea purpurea that only acts as a laxative.. You know it is an entheogenically active Aztec Tlitliltzin because it has been grown with love by a entheogenic gardener and not machinefarmed and treated with chemicals or bred to be pretty but almost devoid of alkaloids.. You know it's the Real Thing

While i share your concern with newb growers, I wonder how many times the seeds offered here are just F1s from store bought package seeds, or not the genuine from latin america for whatever other reasons that could exist. Like dishonest businessmen and the like.

>>I do believe it is necessary to establish within the rules that one may offer a seed of their own and pass on the offer made before him to the next poster so that a stalled thread can be pushed on by the offer of the new seeds plus the seeds of the former poster. This way it is clear in the rules you can boost the thread and just offer seed whenever you feel like it.
(thus donate, not trade, the benefactor does not have to give his own adress if he just sends and pays postage too, great to get seed to people with low/no trade rating)

I have no problem with this happening, and it has happened in the past. I wouldn't have discouraged it if it did happen as i expected it might. I didn't think to put it in the rules just to make it known incase some people aren't spurred on by their own generosity. So iI'll add that.

>>Another good rule is this one: that you can offer three seedpacks of same or even three package deals (package deal = five kinds of ornamental poppies in one offer). under the condition that the recepient offers the two other seed packs seperately later on in the thread for trade -after- he recieved them.

I sort of think rules usually establish things you can't do. So i'd like to try to list as many things you can't do and then say, all the rest is fair game and after that moderate and update at will when some sly devils think of some loopholes.

If anyone would like to make such an offer in the free seed thread it's fine. However the thread will not enforce the stipulations of the offer. You must offer the seed packs and stipulate that accepting the packs means accepting to offer one of the packs you received to another poster. The thread and moderators will not make sure that the stipulations are held to. If they are not, we encourage you to leave a bad trade rating.

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

#3090194 - 09/04/04 01:46 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

im liking whats being said, all of it :thumbup:

although i agree and like the send three and that perso then sends 2, i think it would probably get a lot of people pissed.  i dont see it lasting, too many dishonest people.  and lets face it all/most of us are strangers.

definatly a valuble part of the comunnity, and Neuro, Aneg. i much appreciate your efforts in makign it work!

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #3090201 - 09/04/04 01:51 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I also realize the point behind mixing genetic lines, but seriously, if people want to make sure they are not losing out on that aspect, they should trade MG seeds on one of the many "legit" garden forums, trade sites etc.

I voted for NOT allowing MG seeds into trading because why the hell would I want them???

A pack  at the garden store is 1 dollar, I would rather get something non-psychoactive YET exotic(habenero peppers etc) compared to MG seeds.

Other then MG seeds I cant think of anything that shouldnt be traded, I am not interested in certain seeds, but MG is the only one that should be blacklisted.

Fuck MG, there ....I said it :laugh:
(dont put HBWR on the blacklist though :wink: )

--------------------

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #3090390 - 09/04/04 04:51 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

John said:
eh, maybe a rule about mg seeds? those kill the thread as you can get them at walmart cheaper then postage.

same thing for papaver somniferum seeds right?

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: vVv Free seed thread rule suggestions vVv [Re: stefan]
    #3090421 - 09/04/04 05:31 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

with especially Papaver its not that easy.

Culinary grade poppyseed, yup thats a supermarket spicerack item in many places and makes fine pods..

But nothing like a Tazmanian (red-hot sensation in podland), a Giganteum or the Persian White. And everybody wants that Hen & Chickens don't they? :grin:

Papaver seeds sold are mostly Nigrums. Taz, Gig and Persian are more specific "oozing" strains and that Hen & Chickens is just too decorative :thumbup:

The variety matters alot. I propose that less-popular seeds be included in subsequent postings if they hang the thread.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineJackal
Well Versed In Etiquette
 User Gallery

#3090594 - 09/04/04 08:32 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I was gonna suggest the banning MG seeds from the thread, but I would have been contravening the off-topic rule. :wink:

Seriously though, MG is like Ecuador spores in the free print thread - it stops the process dead and people lose interest. And it's not as though MG seeds are hard to obtain anyway. The way I see this thread is to share interesting/rare seeds with others with similar interests.

Another rule which may be suitable is the time-to-contact rule, if someone posts then the onus is on them to contact the poster above them, if they fail to do so within say a week, then the seeds are freed up. Although in practice they should PM the person above them the same time they reply in the thread.

--------------------

Offlinezombie_biscuit
eater ofchildren
Re: vVv Free seed thread rule suggestions vVv [Re: Jackal]
    #3091731 - 09/04/04 02:59 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I didn't mean to start a movement here folks. I wanted to get involved in the trade and all i had were MG seeds. They are good seeds from IAS. I guess 25 is pretty useless for the "tripper" and if you wnated to grow them, you could always hit the Wall-to-wall mart. So just withdrw my trade. I can't reach the guy with the HBWR seeds anyway. I'll just watch from the sidelines till I have something to trade.

OfflineChromeCrow
one ancient mutha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hoosier HELL
Re: vVv Free seed thread rule suggestions vVv [Re: zombie_biscuit]
    #3091956 - 09/04/04 03:59 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

zombie check your pm's i got ya covered

--------------------
ISO: Orissa, Malabar, z strain

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

Re: vVv Free seed thread rule suggestions vVv [Re: Jackal]
    #3092266 - 09/04/04 05:54 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

ya it sucks not having anything.  but with time it will all come in place.

i dont like that week thing....i think it is up to the 2 people to deal with.  if it doesnt work out, its their buisness to deal with.  trade ratings are very benificial.  luckily all teh seeds im getting are from people that sound like wicked traders :laugh:

if people are getting ripped off, which i dont see happening, i think it would be a thought to make it so only good trade ratings can accept seeds.  adn the ones that have no trade ratings may give seeds and then gain trade ratings.  would suck if somthign liek that had to be enforced...

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#3095399 - 09/05/04 02:46 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I think i got a useful idea..

Ethnobotanical growers are just that.
Mushroom growers grow mushrooms :wink:

But some who grow one might want to grow the other!

So I propose that in the Ethno thread one can offer sporeprints too. Many want to grow shrooms but got no spores and the other way around a shroomgrower might just want those phalaris seeds as a start of a well-mowed lawn to mushroom-trip on :smile:

As for me Ethnobotanicals include mushrooms (the Aztecs did too) but mushrooms are.. mushrooms so deserve a seperate swapping thread next to a mixed one.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract