Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSamhainJ
I wanna rock out, in my dreams
Loc: USA
different strains= different trips?
    #3089441 - 09/03/04 09:35 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i was wodnering if different strains affect your trip. i have had trips where i feel like i have alot of energy and want to go walking around town and shit, but then other shrooms make me feel like staying in my house and just sitting down all night. is there a difference in trips from strain to strain or is it all the same? if there is a difference in effects from strain to strain please psot what kind of cubes cause what kinds of trips. thank you

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Re: different strains= different trips? [Re: SamhainJ] * 1
    #3089455 - 09/03/04 09:41 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

There is definitely a difference between strains IME! :wink:

OfflineDr_Nick_Riviera
Forum Guy

Loc: Australia
Re: different strains= different trips? [Re: SamhainJ]
    #3089475 - 09/03/04 09:47 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Each Psilocybe Cubensis strain all have the same pscho-active chemicals in them (psilocybin, psilocycin) so chemically they dont differ, the reason for the different trips you experience all depends on different factors such as the thoughts and feelings in your head.

OfflineDr_Nick_Riviera
Forum Guy

Loc: Australia
Re: different strains= different trips? [Re: Dr_Nick_Riviera]
    #3089483 - 09/03/04 09:49 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

But then again I havent tripped on many different strains, but thats just what I've read

OfflineMad_Hatter2004
Surfista Amigo
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in teh Northern... Flag
Re: different strains= different trips? [Re: hyphae]
    #3089552 - 09/03/04 10:16 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

hyphae said:

Ever tried amazon?What kind of trip do they have instore for me?!

--------------------
7 days without waves makes one weak!

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Re: different strains= different trips? [Re: Dr_Nick_Riviera]
    #3089558 - 09/03/04 10:20 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Dr_Nick_Riviera said:
Each Psilocybe Cubensis strain all have the same pscho-active chemicals in them (psilocybin, psilocycin) so chemically they dont differ, the reason for the different trips you experience all depends on different factors such as the thoughts and feelings in your head.

Not true at all IME! Thats what the inexperienced would think but you must realize that all strains vary in psilocybin and psilocin content this is not a consistant issue either as potency can change even within the strain itself. I know that PFC's make me go inwards and gives me problems with breathing and is a consistant result where as B+ gives me very good visuals without the breathing problems. This is something that was also brought up quite awhile back at The Nook with plenty of feedback with similar experiences, so I believe this is not just my personal experience.

OfflineWorf
Lt. Commander

Loc: Final Frontier
    #3089636 - 09/03/04 10:53 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I've tried mushrooms twice and got almost two different trips. They shrooms were from different sources so I'm guessing they were a differen't strain. First trip had an awesome body high and absolutely no visuals at all. Second trip had a good body high and really good visuals but I felt really burnt out afterwords.

I think it might not actually matter what the psilocybin content is but how fast you absorb it. Some strains may have a different fiber that allows you to digest it faster than others. I've also read that there are lots of other chemicals in mushrooms that could change the trip to.

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Re: different strains= different trips? [Re: Worf]
    #3089656 - 09/03/04 10:59 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

>I've also read that there are lots of other chemicals in mushrooms that could change the trip to.
Yes there are quite a host of other alkaloids that in certain combinations could very well influence ones trip.

InvisibleDieCommie

#3090313 - 09/04/04 03:13 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I say no....different strains does not give you different trips. All trips are different no matter what the strain, and you cant predict what kind of trip you will have based on the strain you took. If this was the case then there would be a consensus as to what strains did what....there is no consensus thus it follows that the strains dont determine the trip, rather the individual does.

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London
    #3090333 - 09/04/04 03:33 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

another one where everyone will have their own opinion, and nobody is right or wrong. the best response i ever saw on this was - different pot = different trips?

set, setting, potency, user genetics and strain genetics probably all have something to say on where your trip will take you.

it's all good  :cool:

--------------------
buh

Invisibleboxtop703
ThesaurusLinguae Graecae
 User Gallery

#3090389 - 09/04/04 04:49 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

hyphae said:

I agree 100%

I can't fathom how anyone with any experience could think otherwise.

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
Re: different strains= different trips? [Re: boxtop703]
    #3090461 - 09/04/04 06:19 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Once upon a time there was somebody here who was going to test for us but that fell through I believe.

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3090510 - 09/04/04 07:25 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

hyphae said:
Quote:

Dr_Nick_Riviera said:

Not true at all IME! Thats what the inexperienced would think but you must realize that all strains vary in psilocybin and psilocin content this is not a consistant issue either as potency can change even within the strain itself. I know that PFC's make me go inwards and gives me problems with breathing and is a consistant result where as B+ gives me very good visuals without the breathing problems. This is something that was also brought up quite awhile back at The Nook with plenty of feedback with similar experiences, so I believe this is not just my personal experience.

They have the same chemicals. Vitamin C has the same effect on you no matter what source gives it to you.

The only reason, in my opinion, that you have those effects from those strains is that you had it once, and think it is the species, so when you take them you have the same experience because your subconscious is expecting it.

Psilocybin is psilocybin is psilocybin.

IMHO, it's all just set and setting. Two weeks ago I had an intense inward-ecstatic experience. Last night I had an intensely visual but much less emotional experience.

Same strain both times. It's all about how tired/awake you are, what you've been doing the past few days, the setting you're in, etc. etc. etc.

It's like saying different breeds of coffee have different effects. They don't, they just taste different and have different potencies.

I've taken "visual" strains and had introspective trips with almost no visual changes at moderate-high doses, and had incredibly visual trips on supposedly "non-visual/introspective" strains.

All just my 2cents though from a decade of experience with mushrooms.

Edited by myndreach (09/04/04 07:30 AM)

OfflineBnonymous
Stranger
Re: different strains= different trips? [Re: myndreach]
    #3090527 - 09/04/04 07:36 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I'd give practically anything to duplicate my first trip of years and years ago. At the time a company in High Times was selling jars of colonizing rye along with compost. I grew some, dried them, and waited until my parents went out-of-town overnight. Not a visual trip, but I experienced the most intense euphoria I ever have. I giggled & laughed for hours! I don't have a clue as to what strain it was but boy was it a powerful one!

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: different strains= different trips? [Re: boxtop703]
    #3090550 - 09/04/04 07:55 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

How about listing the effects of different strains then? Im sure we could all agree on them since there so obvious...

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: different strains= different trips? [Re: DieCommie]
    #3090596 - 09/04/04 08:33 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Mushrooms are the ultimate placebo. If you think they are different from strain to strain... they are. If you don't, they aren't.

I find it is much more fun to believe there is a difference from strain to strain. More fun growing... more fun tripping.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: different strains= different trips? [Re: Rose]
    #3090611 - 09/04/04 08:43 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:
Mushrooms are the ultimate placebo. If you think they are different from strain to strain... they are. If you don't, they aren't.

I find it is much more fun to believe there is a difference from strain to strain. More fun growing... more fun tripping.

Excellent post with good points. :smile: It is fun thinking they have effects, but I don't really think they do.

:smile:

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
    #3090653 - 09/04/04 09:12 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

hyphae said:

Yeah there is a difference IMHO too.

Some are very close to each other and some are very different.

Be a test subject and try these:
Compare the Gulf Coast to the Cambodian.
Compare the Keepers Creeper to the South African.
Compare the KS to the AC.

You will see for yourself that there are differences.
Some have visuals...some have body rushes...and some are mind fuckers.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflineDIZZUX
Stranger

Loc: holland (europe)
    #3090654 - 09/04/04 09:12 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I have grown 7 different species so far (and ofcourse tried 'm all on several occasions ) and there is absolutely a difference in tripping, further, the after effects very a lot from strain to strain. (Not to mention the taste of your shrooms) I try to choose the correct strain to match the the current mood i'm in if i'm planning a trip :wink:

--------------------
:laugh: Let's live life in Happyland :laugh:

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

#3090717 - 09/04/04 09:45 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

We have tested this even to the point of mixing strains with a consensus among several individuals. I liked the point about pot very good example it all has the same chemicals right? Ya to the inexperienced you would think theres no difference but we who are experienced know for a fact THC/CBD levels come in a wide range and different combinations thus energetic Sativa or couchlocker Indica. There is more than just psilocybin/psilocin in mushrooms and the effects these other alkaloids in combination with the two known actives are still an unknown. For you that haven't seen a difference I simply say you are not experienced enough to make such comments. We all know settings/mood has a tremendous effect on whether it's a good trip or not so good of a trip thats just commonsense. I'll reiterate boxtops >"I can't fathom how anyone with any experience could think otherwise." I simply say they haven't experienced anything yet.

Edited by hyphae (09/04/04 11:17 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck