Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Seahorse Valley
I've made some mistakes with my head I want to talk about
    #3085439 - 09/03/04 02:05 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I've done dxm many times. I haven't done it to excess like some people have, but I used it a lot for a year in 2002 and 3 times last summer. The last time I did it I woke up not feeling myself, and haven't since. It's been too much. I decided to quit smoking pot and won't drink for a while. I have horrible ADD, untreated, and this shit ain't helped it at all. I think my first step now is to get treated for ADD. I'm a 3rd year college student and I often can't comprehend what my teacher's talking about, and I'm too easily distracted. I have enough to worry about with classes without having to battle my feeble mind. I just want to talk about this here. Tomorrow I'll go to the doctor.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTyger
PeAcE

Loc: My house (Canada)
Re: I've made some mistakes with my head I want to talk about [Re: RedNucleus]
    #3085474 - 09/03/04 02:14 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I have ADD as well. The meds the doc used to give me when I was younger, made me feel like a zombie. It might help you though. Read my "Wanna Quit" thread for advice on quiting weed and booze.

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

#3085912 - 09/03/04 04:18 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

excersize. No more drugs. EAt healthy. you will return to normal but it will take some time. I did a lot of drugs in a short amount of ime when I was younger, everything from hundreds of hits of acid (not atonce. heh) to a fuckload of speed, and god knows how many pounds of pot have crossed my lungs..

It took 4 years sober to start returning to normal.

Getting in shape will speed that process up. Reality is a bitch and your body is your only vessle on this ocean. Respect it.

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #3085989 - 09/03/04 04:56 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I may have ADD but I don't know. My teachers wanted me to get tested. I'm hella smart but can't do fuck all in school. The teacher starts talking and my mind drifts and I start looking and shit in the class and then get a song in my head and start doing to beat to it with my hands and feet or something. I have a hard time listening to teachers and shit. I dunno if i have a problem or not though haha.

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: I've made some mistakes with my head I want to talk about [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #3085990 - 09/03/04 04:58 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Although in math when I experimented with weed with my math class it seemed to help. Smoke a little bit of weed, not enough to get really wrecked, but a bit, and I'd go to class and I could focus like a mother fucker and I could listen long enough for what the teacher was saying to make sense and I was able to get my work done. It was really cool.

OfflineRenegade8
Niggar please

Loc: Orange County
Re: I've made some mistakes with my head I want to talk abou [Re: RedNucleus]
    #3086739 - 09/03/04 11:48 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I have ADHD and have been taking Adderall for it the last couple years with no adverse effects. It slows me down enough to help me focus and finish projects before I wander off, but I haven't noticed any zombie effect except for when I first started taking it 'cause the dosage was too high. Don't let all those med horror stories scare you off from at least getting it checked out.

I didn't find out I had ADD 'til I was 27 and out of school, so I don't know what difference meds would make in class. They definitely help me pay attention during boring-ass work meetings, though. I know there's a lot of people who think this whole ADD thing is bullshit, but they don't really understand what it's like to constantly fight against your own brain.

Good luck, man - PM me if you want to talk or need info (I did a shitload of research when I first found out.)

--------------------
I'm just see-through faded, super jaded, and out of my mind. - R.I.P. Layne

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being