Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineHerbanShaman
I am the Walrus

Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
Breathing problems and stomach problems
    #3084831 - 09/02/04 11:40 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Recently I have been wary of mushies because as the trance ends I have a difficult time breathing at times and my stomach feels really worn out.  It is as if my entire body has expended all its energy and has nothing left.  Often times I as leave my final stages of meditation it feels like a concrete block is sitting on my chest crushing my lungs and intestines.  What would do you think this is due to?  It passes after about an hour or two but is very uncomfortable.  Afterwards I feel fine, maybe even better than I did before my visions.  I'd like anyone who knows much about the physical reactions to help me figure this out.  I'd also like to mention that I have the ability to warm my palms for whatever reason, but during a trip this gets out of hand and my hands seem to "burn" and feel like pins are trapped just below the surface of my skin.  All of what I just mentioned occur as I am leaving my trance.  No one else that I know of has these symptoms so I'm at a bit of a loss to thier real cause.  I am experienced, these are not illusions. :sad:

--------------------
"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand. I ask them and they answer me. When I return from the trip that I have taken with them, I tell what they have told me and what they have shown me."
-- Mazatec shaman

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Breathing problems and stomach problems [Re: HerbanShaman]
    #3086107 - 09/03/04 05:46 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I think I've had a hard time breathing while tripping before but I can't quite remember. Maybe because you're more aware of it and you have to work to breathe rather then it coming natural? I dunno.

Offlineaje
Why not?
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
    #3088916 - 09/03/04 09:07 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Breathing felt weird for me. It was like a sensation of opening my mouth, and feeling the air run past my lips and down my throat. Of course I had a stuffy nose due to allergies at the time so I was forced to breathe through my mouth. If I didn't think about it I didn't really notice it though.

--------------------

OfflineFuman
Tao of Shrooms

Loc: Further
    #3088945 - 09/03/04 09:14 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

This is a timely post. Last night I did 5 grams dried, which is a little higher than a normal dose for me. After about 2 hours I had a strong tingling in my arms and hands. It felt like my hands were going to sleep and my circulation was bad. I had a hard time getting a good breath and my nose got stuffed up. I walked around and stretched but I couldn't shake the feeling. My wife was worried about me because my face was red and it was really strange and scary.
Anyone else had a similar experience or know what might cause these feelings? I was quite a bit higher than I usually get but not beyond my experiences.

--------------------
No, I do not think I am above the law. There are times; inspired and enraptured that I feel I am BEYOND the law.

InvisibleLoosifa
none
 User Gallery

Loc: England (South) Flag
    #3090407 - 09/04/04 07:21 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Is it possible you're asthmatic and don't know it? Check it out. Really easy test.
I say this as I sometimes find it hard to breathe nearing the end of the trip, and have always assumed it was my asthma doing it.

--------------------
LURK

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3091076 - 09/04/04 01:47 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I have the same tingling sensations and heavy chest feeling when lying on my back meditating on mushrooms.

I think it's just the sensations of the trip and the acute body awareness I have.

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#3091326 - 09/04/04 02:52 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I think it's just the sensations of the trip and the acute body awareness I have.

So how do you "warm your palms"?

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

OfflineHerbanShaman
I am the Walrus

Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
Re: Breathing problems and stomach problems [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #3104383 - 09/07/04 06:58 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I am asthmatic, but should that affect things? I have treatment. And that wouldn't explain other things.

--------------------
"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand. I ask them and they answer me. When I return from the trip that I have taken with them, I tell what they have told me and what they have shown me."
-- Mazatec shaman

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

#3104532 - 09/07/04 07:19 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

You're just tripping out because you're more aware of each individual breathe... sometimes it gets hard to tell how much you're breathing, if you're breathing enough, or if your patterns are just way off. I've had that happen when I'm really stoned before.
Funny stuff. But it's probably not a problem. :thumbup:

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#3110885 - 09/09/04 12:37 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

There are times in which I find it hard to breathe on shrooms, but it only lasts for a minute or two. It's like I stop breathing all together and am totally unaware that I'm not breathing, then as a reaction I'll suddenly gasps for air. Then I spend then next few minutes trying to manually control my breathing patterns. Eventually I'll become distracted by something else and things will go back to normal.

On a side note, when I took MGS in the past I always had a very difficult time breathing. On each one of my trips I felt as if I had a 50 pound weight on my chest restricting me from inhailing. It was a very uncomfortable expereince.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineAsanteA
flip-flop magician
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
Re: Breathing problems and stomach problems [Re: djd586]
    #3114453 - 09/09/04 05:44 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

What's discussed here is mostly hyperventilation. The tingling and stopping of voluntary breathing (often great anxiety comes with it) are hallmarks of CO2 depletion. Should they put a "blood oxygen testing clip" on your finger you likely would come out 100% oxygen saturation due to hyperventilation.

The block on the chest is likely a -block- of psychological origin, something you should "get off your chest" like people tend to say.
Try to get into the bad body feeling to find out what its story is, what you're repressing.  Click "BEST TRIPPING MANUAL" in my signature for all the answers :thumbup:

If you dont trust your health you must visit a doctor

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience