Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
My friend did a grow last year and kept his big plastic bin in the corner of his closet. Everything turned out fine, no problems or anything. This year he goes to get the bin back out, and there's mold growing on the walls that starts right at the top of the bin, and spreads to the walls surrounding it.
1 - Can this mold be stopped? I used the search and it sounds like it might be black mold, which is next to impossible to get rid of except by a professional, and may be dangerous to your health, I dunno.
2 - Will anyone know that there were mushrooms growing in there, given the obvious shape of the spread of spores?
Try a dilute solution of bleach. Just mix a couple of tablespoons into about a gallon of water and spray it down really good. This may not totally erradicate it,but it will at least kill what is out in the open. Then just clean away their little corpses and give it one last good measure spray down.