Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePokerShrooms
not a stranger,just strangerthan most

i might deserve a smack for this idea....
    #3082411 - 09/02/04 11:19 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

hey i've got a terrarium that i think its pretty much spent. the bottom layer was verm and the top was verm. & peat moss. problem now is that i've got a dozen more jars that need to be inoculated, but i have to wait for my new terrarium to gimme something to print from, SO, could i possibly (in the most sterile environment i can provide) cut a couple pieces out of the old used up terrarium and drop them into some new jars?? i've read alot of about g2g transfers from jars and liquid myc. but i can't seem to find this one, sorry if i missed it somewhere. oh if it matters, i'm using popcorn in most of new jars, and the old terrarium's substrate was brf, verm. water. does it matter, or should i just make up another brf mix?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMycomancer
Psi Cubed
 User Gallery

Loc: United States
Re: i might deserve a smack for this idea.... [Re: PokerShrooms]
    #3082428 - 09/02/04 11:24 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Just toss the old outside and get yourself a nice little outdoor patch.  There are a number of outdoor teks on here that deal with spent material.  Adding the old with the new seems like a bad idea to me, dont risk(contams) your new batch to save your old.  Good luck

:rasta:.

mycomancer

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: i might deserve a smack for this idea.... [Re: Mycomancer]
    #3084019 - 09/02/04 05:50 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

You most likly already have bad spores on your old casings but they wont grow on myc. Put the old stuff in new jars and you quite probably would have alot of contams. It might work in a few jars especially if you dipped it in H202 first but I'd bet you'd lose most, if not all.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract