Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Hemp

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleDelyrium
lemonadeh.o.n.e.y.

Loc: vermont
What's missing?
    #3082776 - 09/02/04 02:58 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

So a friend and I are starting a clothing company. It's hard to find soft tee shirts and shit w/o feeling like a billboard for some corporate bullshit.

When you go to get a tee shirt w/ a design - what stops you from buying it? I know I usually put it down b/c I feel like I'm promoting a company and PAYING to do so. We don't want our name plastered - I've noticed that people really gravitate towards brands that keep low. We are of course getting our clothing from a sweatshop free source and it's all made in the USA. It's pretty much combining the skills, art, equipment and knowledge of 3 Pratt students and 1 FIT student (moi.. hehe).

So can I get some feedback? Maybe we can hook it up with a sweet Shroomery shirt as well!

--------------------
Fuck Ted Nugent he?s a fucking jerk
I wish that he?d be gone
Chauvanistic republican
Kills animals cause he
Forgot how to write a song

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblefunkymonk
Get's down, withthe get-down.
 User Gallery

Loc: saskatchewan
Re: What's missing? [Re: Delyrium]
    #3083586 - 09/02/04 05:59 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i don't like huge logo's, or huge prints all over the shirt.
but it's got to fit good first.

I was thinking of starting my own tshirt bizzness awhile back, still might. and I'll give you an idea that I was, still might, use. Buy t shirts, which ever colors, size you want to print on, and get your friends to wear them, you wear them, family. wear them for a couple washes, get them worn out abit you know. nothing like a nice fitting used tshirt. I think that would be pretty fly.

as far as logo's go though, small, pieces of art. I also don't buy alot of new shirts with logos on them because there's about 50 more just like it. so maybe limit to prints of 3?

InvisibleDelyrium
lemonadeh.o.n.e.y.

Re: What's missing? [Re: funkymonk]
    #3084436 - 09/02/04 09:59 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

hm ya well the vendor i'm using is known for a GREAT fit and soft BUTTER soft fabric which feels broken in. i like the idea of limited prints however that would get to be costly considering how many screens would have to be made

--------------------
I wish that he?d be gone
Chauvanistic republican
Kills animals cause he

OfflineMilkyMedia
Lost Soul

#3085356 - 09/03/04 01:35 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Wow...another t-shirt company. Get in line man.

How many silkscreen presses do you have? If you just have one...you'll be in for LOTS of work.

Be prepared to give away tons of free shirts to all your friends, and don't just limit yourself to t-shirts if you have a press...you can print posters, flyers, trucker hats, skateboards, stickers...anything! Your more likely to make money running a silkscreening service than rather than a t-shirt brand.

I'm from Southern California and everyone and their dog has a t-shirt company out of their garage or a source they can use to print up shirts with about a $2.00 per shirt profit margin.

Have fun with it, but don't expect it to be your main source of income, especially for 3 of ya, without a really catchy name, lots of equipments, maybe an overseas printing source, and lots of money to spend on branding and marketing.

Good luck guys...and I've love to check out some of your silkscreen graphics as you guys get it up and running.

OfflineMilkyMedia
Lost Soul

#3085603 - 09/03/04 02:54 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

This isn't a thread hijack..just giving you some examples of shirts I like...but i'm really insprired by the artwork an the t-shirts at this site..though they are primarily marketed towards an urban or hip hop crowd...they have tons of really neat artists and shirts.

http://www.digitalgravel.com/

InvisibleDelyrium
lemonadeh.o.n.e.y.

Re: What's missing? [Re: MilkyMedia]
    #3086587 - 09/03/04 10:52 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

hey - thanks for the advice. well i think we have a great team of experienced people. i worked for a very popular snowboard company in their apparel production so i am familiar of the process. we also have a store that is willing to sell our stuff w/ little to no profit for them.

we all have a pretty good job right now so this is just a side project. eventually we want to get big enough to start a snowboard company - we have the skills for it and i don't see a limit. thankfully.

digitalgravel.com is a good site - i just see a huge gap in the market for women. it's so hard for me to find great graphic tees that can fit a woman. it's weird how that market is pretty much ignored.

--------------------
I wish that he?d be gone
Chauvanistic republican
Kills animals cause he

OfflinePaperTiger
Gnome
    #3090904 - 09/04/04 12:46 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Hey what about clothing made of hemp or 100% organic cotton. The environmental movement is really starting to boom and these organic types of clothing are becoming pretty popular, so you might wanna keep that in mind. And plus this type of clothing is good for the environment.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #3096083 - 09/05/04 09:17 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

What stops me from buying a t-shirt?

lame logos

print up some shirts with really cool shit on them and people will purchase them. Be sure to sell them in bulk to all of your local "hipster" stores heheh

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Hemp

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media