Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Ciao Ragazzi!
    #3082338 - 09/02/04 12:59 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I'm back from Italy, dealing with kind of annoying jet lag, but all and all, I had a fucking great time.  Aside from the shitty hash we bought off the shady shady shady coked-up-at-2-in-the-afternoon-on-a-wednesday Moroccan, lots of fun was had by my sister and I, and lots of good food was eaten.

In Italian, sage is called salvia.  So every single menu I looked at had salvia all over it.  This was an endless source of laughter for me. :smile:

How's it going?!

How's college, Elle?

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblechinadoll
there
 User Gallery

Loc: dark side of terrapin
Re: Ciao Ragazzi! [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #3082400 - 09/02/04 01:15 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

"In Italian, sage is called salvia. So every single menu I looked at had salvia all over it. This was an endless source of laughter for me"

Yeah, it's pretty funny when my mom gives me a recipe and says to add the salvia.

InvisibleLetto
Load Universeinto Cannon. Aimat Brain. Fire.
    #3082404 - 09/02/04 01:17 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Where did you go in Italy? Next summer my family (20-30 people) are planning a big trip to Sicily (the homeland :smile:) and renting a beach house for a week or two, then I'll probably spend another two weeks backpacking around the main land.

Male

Re: Ciao Ragazzi! [Re: Letto]
    #3082412 - 09/02/04 01:20 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Well my sister is studying for a year in Bologna starting a few days ago, and last THursday was her birthday, so I visited her there. It's the capital of good food for the whole freaking western hemisphere. I ate the tiniest lasagna of my life, and my stomach was fuller than from a night of thanksgiving dinner...yum.

We also took a sidetrip to Milan for two days. Beautiful city but not really necessary to go there for more than like 3 days in my opinion. It's full of people who are convinced they are the most beautiful thing since sliced bread. (Well, I don't know about the rest of you...but sliced bread turns me ON!)

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflinePhishgrrl
Walking in thetall trees...
 User Gallery

#3082415 - 09/02/04 01:20 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Welcome Back, Robot! You were missed. Sounds like Italy was a blast. It's so good to see you again! :heart:

--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...

Male

Re: Ciao Ragazzi! [Re: Phishgrrl]
    #3082421 - 09/02/04 01:22 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

You too Phishgrrl!!  I just checked a little bit ago to see if you were on and you werent and I was like, awwwwwww....but now you are!!  I have to go in like 15 minutes to see some friends but good to be able to say hey. :smile:  Hope everything's going well with you and the mushielovinkiddies.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Male

#3082426 - 09/02/04 01:22 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Oh, and Letto, you should go to Milan and call ahead of time to schedule an apoointment to see Da Vinci's painting of The Last Supper. I don't have a religious bone in my body, but wow. Just wow. An existential art-viewing experience if there ever was one.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

OfflinePhishgrrl
Walking in thetall trees...
 User Gallery

#3082701 - 09/02/04 02:47 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Damn I missed you again!  :tongue:

--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Community >> The Pub