Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineFrugi
Stranger
A Few Simple Questions
    #3082203 - 09/02/04 12:32 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Hello, my name is Ed and I just signed up on this board. I have a few questions...

If I do my research online, is it possible for me to learn to identify edible magic mushrooms by myself or do I definitely need to have someone help me out and make sure I am picking the right mushrooms at first?

I was looking at the guide for which mushrooms grow in my area (FL) at http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23483 and I was wondering if those are definitely the only type of mushrooms I will find here, or if it is possible to find other types as well. Also, are the mushrooms on that list all edible or are there any that are poisonous?

Finally -- and I know this is a stupid question -- but how do you pronounce psilocybe? I've been under the impression that the "i" and "y" are pronounced as you would pronounce the letter "i" by itself, but I actually have no idea if that is right.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Re: A Few Simple Questions [Re: Frugi]
    #3082384 - 09/02/04 01:11 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

If I do my research online, is it possible for me to learn to identify edible magic mushrooms by myself or do I definitely need to have someone help me out and make sure I am picking the right mushrooms at first?

yes you can learn to id by yourself, but always be 100% sure of your id before consuming.

I was looking at the guide for which mushrooms grow in my area (FL) at http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23483 and I was wondering if those are definitely the only type of mushrooms I will find here, or if it is possible to find other types as well

Those are what you need to look for.

Also, are the mushrooms on that list all edible or are there any that are poisonous?

They are all active, none poisonous

Finally -- and I know this is a stupid question -- but how do you pronounce psilocybe? I've been under the impression that the "i" and "y" are pronounced as you would pronounce the letter "i" by itself, but I actually have no idea if that is right.

http://shroomery.org/spelling/usa_latin/new/

Welcome to the Shroomery  :smirk:

OfflineFrugi
Stranger
Re: A Few Simple Questions [Re: motaman]
    #3082452 - 09/02/04 01:33 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification