Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleKttail
DragonDreamer
Male

Loc: S. Oregon Coast , USA
Smoking Shrooms
    #3081669 - 09/02/04 07:09 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I've found mushrooms hard to digest and causing some extremely uncomfortable side effects.
I was wanting to hear opinions and stories of the effects of smoking mushrooms. I really like the experience of eating them, but don't know that I can go with the gas and bloating associated with them.

--------------------
"Do not meddle,
In the affairs of Dragons.
For thou art crunchy,
and tasty with catsup."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNHansen
Stranger
Loc: Upstate New York
Re: Smoking Shrooms [Re: Kttail]
    #3081703 - 09/02/04 07:29 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I don't think it would be as intense. I believe psilocybin breaks down when heated, and only a certain % of it would get into your system. Some people do say they trip from smoking mushrooms, although I would just eat them.

OfflineNHansen
Stranger
Loc: Upstate New York
    #3081710 - 09/02/04 07:35 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Also, it would depend on what strain you were smoking, as different strains have different ratios of psilocybin and psilocin. Psilocin breaks down more when exposed to heat. Also, even if you got the full effects from smoking it, you would still have to smoke the same amount that you would regularly eat. I wouldn't want to smoke 3.5g of mushrooms. Try making a tea? I'd like to try this myself.

Invisibleboeha
explorer

#3082116 - 09/02/04 10:09 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

1 Advice if you plan to smoke them: DON'T !!!! :wink:

Little or no effect at all; the smoke tastes terrible ( heard that, didn't try it myself ) and basically, you're way better off with just eating them.

What reduces nausea?

- chopping up mushrooms (your stomach doesn't like big chunks of mushrooms.)
- Make tea, blend it with orange juice to cover the taste.
- Don't eat anything for at least 4-6 hours; that way no food will feel the urge to travel from your stomach to your mouth.
- Smoke some weed before eating them; or any other drug that causes you to relax more.

Just remember:
DON'T smoke God's mushrooms!
He wants them to be eaten! :smile:

--------------------
- turn on, tune in, drop out ...
- peace, love and understanding ...

OfflineSilven
Male

Loc: El Mexicano
Re: Smoking Shrooms [Re: boeha]
    #3082398 - 09/02/04 11:14 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Smoking shrooms I would think is incredibly dumb (no offense) and I don't really agree with the tea idea. I am aware that a lot of people do this, but unless it is "iced" tea and not warmer than 40 degrees celcius, I wouldn't do it.

Psilocin breaks down around 40 degrees celcius if I am correct, and I'm sure a portion of your psilocybin will also be breaking down. You don't want this. I would recommend using honey, chocolate, kool-aid (especially strong mixtures of grape), chopping them up fine as was already stated, or any other cold meal/drink you like.

Also to decrease nausea try smoking weed after you eat the shrooms. To the best of my recollection I don't think I've ever had nausea smoking before eating shrooms either, to help support Boeha's smoking before eating claim.

Invisibleboeha
explorer

Re: Smoking Shrooms [Re: Silven]
    #3082453 - 09/02/04 11:33 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Although it is true that the active compounds tend to be destroyed under heat; you have to put that into perspective:

supposing you would boil water; let it steep; and then pour in the mushrooms and let it steep for another ten minutes; I don't think you would notice diminished effects;

but smoking is a different technique; with smoking; you don't allow your guts to metabolize the drug; you just burn every compound (at a way higher temperature than boiling water) and then hope that some of the active compounds will make it into the bloodstream through your lungs.

And that I think is the major issue; I'm very positive if you were to smoke 500 grams of shrooms; you would get some decent effects, but at low dose; it's a waste of goodies.

And another thing; I seem to remember that whenever you're tripping and you get REALLY sick; it's actually a wrong interpretation; you are aware of your stomach, but you tend to make the false assumption that you are sick.

My opinion is that it's all in the mind. Maybe the threadstarter needs to relax more, and make more effort to obtain that "peace of mind".

--------------------
- turn on, tune in, drop out ...
- peace, love and understanding ...

Edited by boeha (09/02/04 11:34 AM)

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
    #3082458 - 09/02/04 11:36 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Offline4369875
Norse God

Loc: Asheville, NC
Re: Smoking Shrooms [Re: motaman]
    #3082495 - 09/02/04 11:51 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I have heard the same thing about it being in your mind. The way it was explained to me was: when mushrooms begin to effect your mind, you become aware of all these processes (such as digestion) that are consantly going on in your body, but you never pay attention to. For the first time (or however many times you have tripped), you feel your stomach doing its job. That is what you mistake for the sick feeling, and then it starts a mental chain reaction and you throw up. If you just keep in mind you are not sick, you should be ok.

--------------------
"I believe that if people would learn to use LSD's vision-inducing capability more wisely, under suitable conditions, in medical practice and in conjunction with meditation, then in the future this problem child could become a wonderchild."
- - Albert Hofmann

OfflineSirRobin
Stranger
Loc: Mid TN
Re: Smoking Shrooms [Re: 4369875]
    #3083721 - 09/02/04 04:25 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

All of the 'lore around here is that you WILL almost certainly die from smoking shrooms/shroom dust, because itll collapse ur lungs. Ive always thought that was total bullshit...

OfflineYahoKa
Just a guy.

Loc: Canadian
    #3083795 - 09/02/04 04:48 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Well ... how did you ingest them? Perhaps capsules, or mixed in a drink will help them be easier on your stomach?

--------------------
Hang on tightly ... and let go lightly.

OfflineHijinx_Spike
JourneyMan

Re: Smoking Shrooms [Re: YahoKa]
    #3083879 - 09/02/04 05:11 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah mix it with kool-aid or orange juice prob 2 cups an 1/8. Should kill the taste letting you chug it down.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Smoking Shrooms [Re: boeha]
    #3084031 - 09/02/04 05:54 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

About smoking mushrooms. In A Seperate Reality by Carlos Castaneda, much of his experiences are influenced by mushrooms via means of smoking. It is said that the smoking mixture contains other active ingredients, and the kind of mushrooms used is never described. But, still, if it is a psilocybe, you'd think such a well respected book's important trips would be produced by the product it says.

Then again, don Juan would probably smack me for thinking this through, and not just seeing. :smile:

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: Smoking Shrooms [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3084326 - 09/02/04 07:18 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

The BEST way I've found to ingest is to grind the shrooms in a coffee grinder(short blasts)encapsulate them,and then swallow the caps.To fight off the nausea,and the "runs" I take an imodium A.D. about 30 mins after the capsules.completely stops nausea and the runs,and heartburrn.I also keep rolaids just in case because I allways get a little heartburn from them.

--------------------

OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Loc: Passing through the bulk Flag
    #3084786 - 09/02/04 09:27 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Tea's always work wonders for me. Get the (if you can) Vanilla Carmel Tea. Bring some water to a boil and pour it over the mushies + tea bag. After 5 minutes, take out the bag and enjoy your treat. Last time i did this was with 4.3 grams, and the entire world nearly morphed into a vortex of a spiraling, growing... well you get the gist of it.

--------------------
Will all the big boomers please unveil, please unveil, please unveil.

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
    #3085238 - 09/02/04 11:00 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

my friend has the same problem, so i told him to get some ginger (from a healthfood store, or publix, or anywhere). he took 1 half an hour before the shrooms, and he said it made the experience so much better.

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #3086104 - 09/03/04 03:44 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

last time i shroomed it took me an hour to realise i had to shit. then i tried to shit and i couldnt find the muscles that let you shit but if i wasnt sitting on the shitter it felt like i was gonna shit my pants :frown:

OfflineKaptainK
Pirate Guy

Loc: over there....
Re: Smoking Shrooms [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #3086508 - 09/03/04 08:21 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I have found a great way to get them down is to get some pudding cups, chop them up, and mix them in with the pudding.

the pudding kills the taste and they slide right down if you dont feel like chewing.

--------------------
A drug person can learn to cope with things like seeing their dead grandmother crawling up their leg with a knife in her teeth, but no one should be asked to handle this trip.

:samurai:

Offlinerdnp2035
Stranger

#3086795 - 09/03/04 10:06 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Carlos Castaneda's shrooms smoking..from the description in the books, the mushrooms were finely powdered and sat for a Long time in a container. And yeah, they could have been copes or another high potency shroom. I imagine super driver very finely powdered stuff would work..but it's not worth it unless you have quite a supply.
I was at a party once and someone decided to pack 1/16oz for everyone..I told them it was a waste, but no..Smoking largish chunks in a tiny pipe produces subtle momentary effects, a waste compared to eating.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Smoking Shrooms [Re: rdnp2035]
    #3086934 - 09/03/04 10:47 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

It had to have been a result of the other substances in the pipe, for the most part. Even if it was a very potent mushroom (i'm not sure how potent psilocybe mexicana is, which would be my first guess), it's still only one bowl, mixed with other stuff. Certainly not enough to see some of the things he did (the guardian gnat, in particular). It also kicked in immediately, and it was very very difficult for him to speak or move his body in any possible way.

Theres no chance they would gather any amanita down there right? Now THAT seems to make sense for smoking.

Offlinetomekk
<(O_o)>

Loc: On a road to nowhere
Re: Smoking Shrooms [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #3087371 - 09/03/04 12:26 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Tasty_Smurf_House said:
last time i shroomed it took me an hour to realise i had to shit. then i tried to shit and i couldnt find the muscles that let you shit but if i wasnt sitting on the shitter it felt like i was gonna shit my pants :frown:

hahaha sorry dude, that cracked me up. What ended up happening? :grin:

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: Smoking Shrooms [Re: tomekk]
    #3087571 - 09/03/04 01:18 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

some people come here to sit and think
some come here to shit and stink
I'm just here to scratch my balls
and read the writing on the walls :laugh: :laugh:

--------------------

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3087582 - 09/03/04 01:21 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

grind the in acoffie grinder, mix powder with small amount of liquid, drink liquid, lay down.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinethegnomeking
friendly stoner

Loc: New Jersey
    #3087612 - 09/03/04 01:30 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I've smoked shrooms before out of curiousity, definatly wasn't worth it. tasted like absolute shit and had basically no effect. later afriend had informed me that he usually smokes a bowl of them after he eats them and it makes them kick in faster/harder, haven't tried this myself. But I would say to just eat them, you'll have more fun that way. If the nausea is really that bad try a different way to eat them, lotsa people suggested stuff.

--------------------
1.Thou shalt not alter the consciousness of thy fellow man.
2.Thou shalt not prevent thy fellow man from altering his own consciousness.
-Timothy Leary

Offlinekontron
captain planet
Loc: Eden
    #3088680 - 09/03/04 06:18 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

do you think peptol bismol will work in place of imodium a.d.

OfflineAlmaTron
ZebraButt

Loc: Seattle
    #3089263 - 09/03/04 08:32 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

yah I used to smoke shrooms I liked the effects it was waaaay mellow no visuals really just way mellow. but tea or capsules is the way to go. and yeah that ginger before you shroom recommendation is a reeeaaal good one. KUDOS!

--------------------

Come to me
in my High
dreamtime,
bring me
Visions
of Light.

InvisibleKttail
DragonDreamer
Male

Re: Smoking Shrooms [Re: YahoKa]
    #3103661 - 09/07/04 02:28 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I appreciate the replies, heh heh, all of them.
I've eaten them fresh, dried, and powdered both in and out of capsules.
The problem has been gastritis. Otherwise known as severe bloating of the stomach upon ingestion. I figure that maybe next time I'll try taking some simethicone anti-gas medicine either before or after I take them.
Smoking weed isn't an option due to randoms and I don't think it would do anything for the gas.

--------------------
"Do not meddle,
For thou art crunchy,
and tasty with catsup."

InvisibleKttail
DragonDreamer
Male

Re: Smoking Shrooms [Re: Silven]
    #3103685 - 09/07/04 02:33 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I haven't tried tea to date. Thank you for the temperature info. 40 C comes to about 100 F. Perhaps a cold or just luke-warm infusion done over a period of time (2+ hours) would create an effective tea without loss of potency?

--------------------
"Do not meddle,
For thou art crunchy,
and tasty with catsup."

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale