Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBrownPastures
old hand

Loc: here
Re: Pcyans-requesturgenthelp
    #308157 - 05/03/01 02:02 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

how fresh is your sample???????do you have any honey???looks like you dont have any spores right????if you just got a presssure cooker and you have some jars ...you can read your pressure cooker manual now your gonna need it ...
your gonna need to make some honey water so look that up...
and since it's your first time i'd make a couple ...
if your sample is still pretty fresh and the stem is kinda whole ... slice it open (you have to be veeeerysterile...) make a glove box (look it up ) ... when you slice it open scrape some meat out of the middle and put it in your honey water...
good luck and peace
Give a starving man a fish and he'll live , but teach him to fish and he'll never starve again.

Edited by BrownPastures on 05/03/01 04:09 AM.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejonniedumbass
Stranger
Re: Pcyans-requesturgenthelp [Re: BrownPastures]
    #308227 - 05/03/01 02:17 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Sample _will_ be very fresh (can get it home in less than three hours).
I have plenty of "Capilano" brand honey-is this any good? No additives are listed but that doesnt mean much.
I realise the need for sterility-thats why I was hoping to sqirt some fresh H2O2 mycellium into a jar of substrate.
I plan to build a glove box, but really cant do so for a couple of days. I will probably only have the chance to see those mushrooms again tomorrow.
Thanks,
jonnie

InvisibleBrownPastures
old hand

Re: Pcyans-requesturgenthelp [Re: jonniedumbass]
    #308228 - 05/03/01 02:20 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

i dont know about spraying the mycelium... if you have a fresh sample of the stem which you can cut into and scrape the insides into honey water you should be good to go... any honey will work i guess...i just buy the honey in the little teddy bears ... works too ... ummm and i hope your SURE this is a pan cyan or something???? i hope you dont make a shit load of some KILLER mushroom ... have you ever grown anything ??? cakes ????
dude ... you dont HAVE to have a glove box... i've done honeywater tek in the open... no lysol... in a dusty ass room... with the window open... still work... so it's worth a try ... maybe you stumbled onto something so it's definately worth a shot
Give a starving man a fish and he'll live , but teach him to fish and he'll never starve again.

Edited by BrownPastures on 05/03/01 04:26 AM.

Anonymous

Re: Pcyans-requesturgenthelp
    #308394 - 05/03/01 09:53 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

First off, make damn sure it's the right specie or you are wasting your time.

Sounds like you are picking them fresh so pick some couple healthy ones, wrap in wax paper and take home for spore printing. The you can try different methods at your leisure.

Take a trip to the Spore Lab @:
http://www.SporeLab.com
email: getspores@sporelab.com

Offlinejonniedumbass
Stranger
Re: Pcyans-requesturgenthelp [Re: ]
    #308836 - 05/03/01 08:29 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks heaps for the replies.
There's a good chance theyre Psi cyans- I dropped the sample I had but they did smell like rotten corn. I will find out soon enough.
Ive read some more of my books and I think Ill be alright.
Only problem is Id rather not use vermiculite or perlite -any suggestions?

I was also wondering how useful H2O2 really is. If it doesnt harm mycellium then its not going to do shit to things like Penicillium and Trichoderma, right? This could be a bugger cause they are in a very dank environment.
Thanks again,
jonnie

Edited by jonniedumbass on 05/03/01 10:37 PM.

InvisibleBrownPastures
old hand

Re: Pcyans-requesturgenthelp [Re: jonniedumbass]
    #309000 - 05/03/01 11:56 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

filter disks can be used if you dont want to use a verm top layer on your cakes....as for the perilite...you can probably use those green plant bricks... their kind of like a sponge and they suck up alot of water... they cut easy too... you can get them at any florist/garden shop i forget what it's called.. maybe oasis... it's usualy green tho... peace and goodl uck

Edited by BrownPastures on 05/04/01 01:58 AM.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract