Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Do we amuse God?
    #3076578 - 09/01/04 01:28 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I was thinking about how things are funny, and about how I do funny things. I told someone that I think God loves me best because I provide so much entertainment because of the things I do in life, like locking my keys in the car, getting lost, losing things.

Is God amused by us? (Keep in mind that this post assumes that God exists.)

Then I thought further on this and thought about how we humans find things funny. Next thought: We are spirits inhabiting physical bodies. God is a spirit, basically, right?

Do our emotions come from our encased spirits? I would think so. If our emotions come from our spirits, and if God is a spirit, does God experience the same emotions that we experience?

I think the answer will be yes, because of what the bible states, but I think the main question I wonder about right now is: Is God amused by us, when we're not being bad?

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: Do we amuse God? [Re: Frog]
    #3076585 - 09/01/04 01:36 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

the Earth is like God's personal cable network, and every being incarnated here is like a channel.  I always try to put on the most interesting show possible, because higher ratings equals more advertising dollars, aka 'good karma' :smile:

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #3076590 - 09/01/04 01:39 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I think God finds humans adorable and cute in all our human, yet innocuous moments. He loves us, and that is why He is the Most High (Ta'ala!).  :heart:

--------------------

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Do we amuse God? [Re: DoctorJ]
    #3076591 - 09/01/04 01:40 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

That's good stuff... I'm going to use that in a bit of contemporary Rumi style poetry if you don't mind, Doc.

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: Do we amuse God? [Re: Zahid]
    #3076599 - 09/01/04 01:45 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

go ahead.  I have been a muse for many.  It has its rewards, though they arent always obvious :smile:

OfflineMuppet
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (523) 327-2836
Re: Do we amuse God? [Re: DoctorJ]
    #3076929 - 09/01/04 04:16 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

the Earth is like God's personal cable network, and every being incarnated here is like a channel. I always try to put on the most interesting show possible, because higher ratings equals more advertising dollars, aka 'good karma'  :smile:

whoa  :shocked:

and here I thought I was the only one that did shit like that  :grin:

Thus Spake Muppet

--------------------

:craven:  Ravings of a Madman  :craven:

OfflineOOISI
Suburbanaut
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: SA
    #3077149 - 09/01/04 06:48 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

the question to ask is - are you amused by yourself?
or should i say are you amused with god?
god is the infinite , are you part of the infinite?
the most fundamental questions are probably the most informative.
God is the animator, the illusion is the universe and the self.

The body cannot animate itself , where its animated from is not where it seems. Every life form is animated from the same entity. The conscience is the epitome of judging, the spirit is the epitome of life.
As for emotions, emotions are present at all times our spirit can let in emotions when the emotion has entered it rules that spirit.

--------------------
Subaeruginosa Guide

Bless the Lord, O my soul O my soul Worship His holy name.

OfflineZoso_UK
Zepoholic

Loc: Neverland
    #3077240 - 09/01/04 07:25 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Assuming God exists, I spose some people might amuse him. But I think that most will either upset him (those is extreme poverty - physical or otherwise) or piss him off (those who hurt others more often than not).  Not meaning to put a downer on your thread...but I'm going to anyway :P I can't imagine a God finding human existence funny with all the stuff that goes on 'down' here.

Optimism is so refreshing :smile:

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #3077259 - 09/01/04 07:35 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

"do we amuse god?"

god, i hope so!

heh...

but ya gotta figure the creator of the universe has to have a sense of humor --- after all, he created mankind...

& soon enough, we shall know, inshallah...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineZoso_UK
Zepoholic

Loc: Neverland
Re: Do we amuse God? [Re: gnrm23]
    #3077581 - 09/01/04 10:17 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

and the platypus...

OfflineLaserTotingPanda
Stranger
    #3078120 - 09/01/04 01:30 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I think of GOD as all encompassing, not really a personified being. But you know, everything and everyone plays a part in the scheme of things. I'm trying to think...is anything really TRULY amusing? Or is it just the human mind trying to comprehend the neverending amount of paradoxes in the world? I have had the thought that perhaps the whole universe is just for the amusement of some larger than life entity... though I wouldn't consider it a truth, just something interesting to think about.

1st post! Woot!

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: Do we amuse God? [Re: LaserTotingPanda]
    #3078891 - 09/01/04 05:22 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...;o=&fpart=1

check this out, i feel it is relavent

peace

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #3079055 - 09/01/04 06:02 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

After seeing these, I find it hard to believe that God has no sense of humor -- especially since he made you. :heart:

:wink:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

Re: Do we amuse God? [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #3079670 - 09/01/04 08:14 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

HA! Where did you find those?

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#3080963 - 09/02/04 01:27 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

DoctorJ:  "the Earth is like God's personal cable network, and every being incarnated here is like a channel. I always try to put on the most interesting show possible, because higher ratings equals more advertising dollars, aka 'good karma'"

haha!!  That was pretty good!  I must have plenty good karma at this point. 

Zahid:  "I think God finds humans adorable and cute in all our human, yet innocuous moments. He loves us, and that is why He is the Most High (Ta'ala!)."

I'm adorable and cute!  (Although there are those that would beg to disagree.)

zoso:  "Assuming God exists, I spose some people might amuse him. But I think that most will either upset him (those is extreme poverty - physical or otherwise) or piss him off (those who hurt others more often than not). Not meaning to put a downer on your thread...but I'm going to anyway :P I can't imagine a God finding human existence funny with all the stuff that goes on 'down' here.

Optimism is so refreshing"

You're not putting a downer on the thread.  I agree that God probably cries at times.  But I'll bet at other times he's laughing his ass off.  :grin:

And my name should have been Pollyanna.  :wink:

ooisi:  "the question to ask is - are you amused by yourself?
or should i say are you amused with god?
god is the infinite , are you part of the infinite?
the most fundamental questions are probably the most informative.
God is the animator, the illusion is the universe and the self.

The body cannot animate itself , where its animated from is not where it seems. Every life form is animated from the same entity. The conscience is the epitome of judging, the spirit is the epitome of life.
As for emotions, emotions are present at all times our spirit can let in emotions when the emotion has entered it rules that spirit."

Good points.  So if I understand part of what you are saying, you are saying that we would know if God is amused by us if WE are amused by us.

Someone else said the same thing to me, the night that I decided to post this.  He said that we are amused by each other, such as when someone slips on a banana peel.  That's funny, right?  We were having a discussion on the reasons it might be that we laugh at each other when we do silly shit.  And that prompted me to ask if God was amused, too.  He said that we are part of God, and if we think each other is funny, God probably thinks we're funny, too.

And to everyone else, nice posts, but especially to Skorp, LMAO!!!

:heart:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#3081020 - 09/02/04 01:55 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Scenario:

Once I was driving to Houston from Santa Ana, CA, and I stopped in Tucson at a gas station to get gas, coffee, use the restroom, and throw garbage away.

When I got back to my car, I found that I no longer had the car keys in my possession. (At this point, God has his hand over his mouth, trying to hide his laughter.)

I searched the car first, hoping to find them easily, right off the bat. (God is patiently waiting for me to realize the keys aren't in the car, still smothering his smile.)

Okay, time for a re-trace of my steps through the gas station.

To the bathroom, but no keys. To the coffee station, but still no keys. To the counter where I paid for everything, but again, no keys. (God is now openly laughing, hand removed from his mouth. Of course, He knows what's coming.)

Last stop: to the trash can outside the gas station where I threw a lot of trash away when I first disembarked from my vehicle. I have to lift the top of the lid off the trash can and start sifting through (yuck!!!) all the trash in there to see if perhaps my keys are there.

Bingo! (God is now laughing riotously, slapping his knee and everything. Peter is pounding God on the back, to stop the choking because the laughter is now way out of control.)

See?

--------------------

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #3081126 - 09/02/04 02:42 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

'god', or whoever is deffinatly on my side... I have so many stories where I escaped ' the ultimate sucky situation' ... your example is one of them!!!!... I try to think that whatever I do will somehow come back to me seven fold , and it does..... even when I get in a rut in life, the evil will smack me in the face over and over... until I change my ways, and then I see what life is all about.

OfflineOOISI
Suburbanaut
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: SA
    #3081490 - 09/02/04 05:45 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, thats right frog.

or to put it better God views you through you

--------------------
Subaeruginosa Guide

Bless the Lord, O my soul O my soul Worship His holy name.

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

Loc: Ass Flavoured Pie Factory
    #3081514 - 09/02/04 05:58 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
Wheels of cheese wheeels of cheeeeese!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder