Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
lotus without alcohol?
    #3080287 - 09/01/04 11:58 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Can you just make a tea? Any other preparation methods?

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinezombie_biscuit
eater ofchildren
Re: lotus without alcohol? [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #3080308 - 09/02/04 12:04 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I never tried the tea, but smoke the 15x resin regularly. It is the best! The alkaloids are only supposed to be mildly soluible in water, but are highly soluible in alcohol, thus the wine gag. If you made tea, seems like you'd just be wasting the best part =) Buy the resin...you'll love it.

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: lotus without alcohol? [Re: zombie_biscuit]
    #3080430 - 09/02/04 12:38 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Correct. Aporphine/apamorphine are only very slightly water soluble while highly soluble in EtOh. If you had no other choice and couldn't get any access to alcohol (say, you were a minor) i'm guessing you may be able to make an IPA extract and let that dissolve down into solid matter that could be consumed orally. I'm not sure though.... just an idea.

I've sampled many different blue lotus "resin".... extracts.. from several different wholesaler sources.. one peddling "crystal resin" from south africa.. doesn't compare with strong tincture but to each his own allie.

I agree using water to make tea would be a complete waste.

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: lotus without alcohol? [Re: Aneglakya]
    #3083018 - 09/02/04 03:44 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

"I agree using water to make tea would be a complete waste."

Well maybe its not the BEST way, but I did enjoy it.

--------------------

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: lotus without alcohol? [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #3083096 - 09/02/04 04:05 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Interesting. I truthfully haven't heard many positive reports with the use of water, and my experimentation with water and lotus was a dud.. Can you maybe describe the effects? How is it compared with lotus + etoh?

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #3083132 - 09/02/04 04:15 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I dont know, because I didnt have the money to experiment with.

And the lotus was a gift...I made my tea with 6 grams at a time.

But everytime I drank it ,I DID think about how it would be better with alcohol.

I have read alot about lotus,and when I have the time and the cash, I would like to make a tincture.

But I just wanted to point out that TEA will give SOME effects, enough that I poured more anyway.

*but alcohol IS the way to go*

--------------------

OfflineGrovesk8ter
honestyopenmindednesswillingness
 User Gallery

Loc: Langley, B.C
Re: lotus without alcohol? [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #3084391 - 09/02/04 09:46 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

interesting how morphine and most opiates/opioids are highly soulable in water while aporphine/apamorphine are not.

--------------------
"Much madness is divinest sense"
Dickinson, Emily

Anonymous

#3084754 - 09/02/04 11:22 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Interesting, I haven't read much on lotus in about a year and didn't even think they had confirmed the existance of apomorphine. I've had success with steeping some 5x extract into grape juice overnight and drinking it on an empty stomach the next morning. I also drank the undisolved powder which had turned white/ash colored leading me to believe the original magenta extract had been somehow extracted :wink:

I have a lot of experience with this ally if you want some experience reports

37.5% of the posts in this thread start with "Interesting"

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: lotus without alcohol? [Re: Organic]
    #3086417 - 09/03/04 09:39 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Interesting! :smile: Yeah, I think you may be right! Isn't it just suspected that aporphine is in it? I dont see why they wouldnt have just done some chroma and figured it out by now.... i'm wanting to see some scientific literature now..

--------------------

Offlinezombie_biscuit
eater ofchildren
    #3088553 - 09/03/04 07:51 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Interestingly enough, I don't know whats in it but it shu nuf work!!

Anonymous

Re: lotus without alcohol? [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #3089307 - 09/03/04 10:49 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Interesting me, has anyone had an experience they would classify as visionary from this substance? I have had some powerful voyages with lotus.

Offlinezombie_biscuit
eater ofchildren
    #3091699 - 09/04/04 04:49 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Share them with us, how, when, how much, etc. I'm sure everyone is ...dare I say...interested.

Anonymous

Re: lotus without alcohol? [Re: zombie_biscuit]
    #3093758 - 09/05/04 03:00 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Each subsequent usage of my material was stronger, regardless of the dosage. The more frequent I used it in a period of days, the stronger the effect also. I worked with the 5:1 PE extract from a reputable vendor.

First use smoked with cannabis in a social setting. Both smokers very impressed with opiate like moodlift and mild nod feeling. Ate an OO capsule full on an empty stomach a couple days later, fell back into my bed, and had some brief but vivid dreams with dark, detailed, sharp mid-east imagery. The feeling I had while dreaming was one I cannot really liken to anything other than the mystical feel of coming up on your peak of an LSD experience.

I've had visionary experiences on a wide variety of substances and have my suspicions that some of the visual content shared by users on substances like mushrooms, ayahuasca, and even blue lotus have more to do with the experience than just being associations formed within the mind prior to the experience.

Lotus took me to a different world when I would take it orally on an empty stomach. I steeped my material in red wine which was by far the strongest preparation and red grape juice which worked contrary to some opinion on the net on water solubility. Smoked, the effect was much more short lived and body oriented, not the heady cloudy feel of oral lotus.

My strongest and most memorable dose was two capsules full emptied and steeped in blackberry wine overnight in my fridge. Consumed it the next night after fasting the entire day and felt effects within 5-10 minutes. Opium-like itching, slight nausea, feeling of impending narcolepsy. I fell into a deep sleep within an hour of the opiate effects which my partner observed me sleeping very heavily, I am normally a very easily disturbed sleeper but I was completely out. My dream involved a lot of Egyptian imagery--hard to specifically describe, jumbled bits of hieroglyph, morphing sandstone statues, barren views. There was a lot of direction and purpose to the dream, although it wasn't clear to me until I was awake and reflecting.

I'm short on time now but will post more experiences later. A pretty versatile substance overall. Smoked, you get light and stimulating, mood-enhancing effects. Oral dosing gives a sedated feeling in the mind, vivid dreams, and haziness if you wake up directly after the lotus wears off. I was using this material 2 months after finally getting over an opiate addiction of six years, still feeling withdrawal emotionally and mentally from opiates. Dosing with the lotus helped greatly with the insomnia, irritability, and muscle pains from opiate withdrawal.
More to come later...

Offlinezombie_biscuit
eater ofchildren
    #3094318 - 09/05/04 09:26 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the info bro and congrats on kicking the monkey. Out of all the enthos I've tried I would say lotus was the most pleasurable. I've never tried the wine gag, but it sounds great. I have some 15x resin coming in and some 5X crystal coming in. I'll try both in wine and report later.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden