Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineZahid
Stranger
Kerry jumps on an opportunity
    #3079575 - 09/01/04 09:54 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/09/01/kerry.amlegion/index.html

Bush says War on Terror can't be won, Kerry says it can.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAncalagon
AgnosticLibertarian

Re: Kerry jumps on an opportunity [Re: Zahid]
    #3079606 - 09/01/04 10:01 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Almost as much substance to this post as there is to what Kerry said. "The War on Terror CAN be won and me and John Edwards have a plan to do that!" "Mr. Kerry, what exactly is that plan?" "Uh, whatever George is doing, but better!" It really leaves a bad taste in my mouth to defend Bush in any situation, but this is pure political nonsense. For all I know, Bush was talking about the fact that their could be no official treaty of capitulation with terrorists as there is in more conventional armed conflicts. Nice to see Kerry has the ability to jump on opportunities though. He's missed almost every other one.

--------------------
?When Alexander the Great visted the philosopher Diogenes and asked whether he could do anything for him, Diogenes is said to have replied: 'Yes, stand a little less between me and the sun.' It is what every citizen is entitled to ask of his government.?
-Henry Hazlitt in 'Economics in One Lesson'

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: Kerry jumps on an opportunity [Re: Ancalagon]
    #3081627 - 09/02/04 08:47 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

What are you talking about? Kerry has a clear plan, Edwards has an even clearer plan. He outlined plenty of ways to fight the WOT better. Getting international support was the main one.

He certainly won't be going around calling countries the "axis of evil" like a certain dipshit I know.

Kerry will at least be a persident that doesn't cause other countries to open laugh at us, like they do at Bush. You don't seem to realize how embarrassing it is to have Bush as your leader... It's simply shamefull.

OfflineAncalagon
AgnosticLibertarian

Re: Kerry jumps on an opportunity [Re: fastfred]
    #3081725 - 09/02/04 09:48 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Kerry has a clear plan

Really?

Quote:

Edwards has an even clearer plan.

Yeah?

Quote:

He outlined plenty of ways to fight the WOT better. Getting international support was the main one.

So the crystal clear Kerry/Edwards plan is to simply 'get international support.' HOW are they going to get international support for the clusterfuck that is the war in Iraq?

Quote:

He certainly won't be going around calling countries the "axis of evil" like a certain dipshit I know.

So step 1 of the Kerry/Edwards plan to fight the war on terrorism, somehow get international support for unneccesary and immoral wars. Step 2 is to not slander other countries in the State of the Union Address. This plan is rock solid...

Quote:

Kerry will at least be a persident that doesn't cause other countries to open laugh at us, like they do at Bush. You don't seem to realize how embarrassing it is to have Bush as your leader... It's simply shamefull.

You don't seem to realize how little I care about what some random French dude thinks of me or my country. Regardless, I am extremely ashamed at how far this country has fallen since it was a shining light to the world from 1789-1929, and how far it will continue to fall with either four more years of Bush or four years of Kerry. Both will step all over the Constitution, which I feel the need to remind you, is the supreme law of the land. Both will continue to increase the size of government dramatically, destroying the capitalist system that made America the land of opportunity. Both will continue to engage in military adventurism, making enemies around the world for future generations to deal with. I do not understand how any American who wants this country to be great again, to be a beacon to the rest of the world, can vote for either George Bush or John Kerry.

--------------------
?When Alexander the Great visted the philosopher Diogenes and asked whether he could do anything for him, Diogenes is said to have replied: 'Yes, stand a little less between me and the sun.' It is what every citizen is entitled to ask of his government.?

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: Kerry jumps on an opportunity [Re: Ancalagon]
    #3081752 - 09/02/04 10:00 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Unfounded irrational allegations... To you any politician fits that bill.

You strike me as the kind of person who would be voting for Bush if Badnarik was the repiblican and Bush was the party of no chance.

OfflineAncalagon
AgnosticLibertarian

Re: Kerry jumps on an opportunity [Re: fastfred]
    #3081770 - 09/02/04 10:09 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

fastfred said:
Unfounded irrational allegations... To you any politician fits that bill.

Which allegations are irrational? That they will trample all over the Constitution, is that irrational? That they will intervene incessently in foreign affairs, creating enemies for us in the future? That they will continue to exponentially increase the size in government? Do you honestly believe any of those are unfounded allegations?

Quote:

You strike me as the kind of person who would be voting for Bush if Badnarik was the repiblican and Bush was the party of no chance.

You strike me as the kind of person who would watch everybody else test out the titanic lifeboats to make sure they're safe, only to find that there are no more lifeboats left. It's so blatantly obvious that both the Democrats and the Republicans are systematically destroying this country. It's really not even debatable. Why do you want to keep voting for the lesser of two evils? To do the same thing you've always done and to expect different results is the definition of insanity.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion