Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblebaltazar
Quiet dreamer

salvia splendens research
    #3077961 - 09/01/04 02:41 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

On some sites i found informations that salvia splendens could also be psychoactive. This could be wery interesting becose this plant grows everywhere, even in my garden ... Did anyone try to experiment with it ?
There was a old report on Erowid about a positive experience with it, but i cant find it any more :frown: I was thinking that some experiments could be done, like extracting active materials from leaves using polar/nonpolar solvents. The remaining tar ( probably, maybe chrystals, after few purification methods ? ) could be consumed and tried.

Does anyone have experience or is willing to do some experiments too ?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinepsylo33o
enthusiast
Loc: Europe
Re: salvia splendens research [Re: baltazar]
    #3078012 - 09/01/04 02:57 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I had some experience with this plant, I was also convinced it was psychoactive, and indeed it is... At first I tried to make a quid with about 10 fresh leaves, roll it up and leave in the mouth with occasional chewing, to absorb the alkoids sublingualy... it wasn't very efficient, even if there was some sort of relaxement, but it could have placebo... Itried smoking some dried leaves, were was a little more effet, but the smoke was quite harsh ans some what un pleasant, so I then did some sort of "salvia putty", I put a whole bag of crushed dried leaves from my garden in a pot of near boiling water, leaft it too simmer gently for about an hour, filtered, and then evaporated the remaining liquid, at the end it gave a little "paste", all sticky, that I dried somemore in the oven, and then smoked a little in a pipe, and yes, it did work quite well, reminded me the effects of the sinicuchi "putty" I did also, very relaxing, you feel well, don't think too much, a little "stoned" but fine. The only problem is that it didn't last very long, and that the paste does leave you a bad taste in the mouth when you smoke a little too much... I did quite alot of that paste, but i also tried an alcohol extraction, it was less time consuming, with isopropyl 90?.. I tried making a quid out of fresh leave and keeping it a little before smoking that extract, to see if it prolonged the efftecs, but it wasn't very conclusive.... well, it is quite enjoyable, the effects are somewhat subtil, but pleasant... oh yeah, use the leaves and flowers, both seem to be equally active.. there you are! have fun.

--------------------
I am the holy spirit
I am whole in spirit

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: salvia splendens research [Re: psylo33o]
    #3078051 - 09/01/04 03:08 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

A few of us did some bioassay awhile ago and had negative results.. we had some essays typed up but I dont have them on this computer... maybe i'll post later.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden