Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineshrooma
Did you hear therumour?
Male

Loc: Near the exit of the entr...
First Time Comin Up, some tips and advice please
    #3077305 - 09/01/04 10:02 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Hi. A bit of background - i joined the shroomery in 02 but forgot about it until now (it's funny going back and looking at your old posts). I'm an average psychoactive user having used marijuana, Pure (meth), Ice, Dex, E, Ketamine and GHB. Each one holds a different place in my heart but i've never actually tried a hallucinogen (which interests me the most). I'm thinking of trying LSD or Shrooms real soon but i want to make my first experience enjoyable. I want to prepare for it and I want to remember it too, so if anyone can help me out cool, if not don't worry bout it :laugh:.

I was thinking of taking my mp3 player (about 6.5cm x 9cm - not too big) along for the ride in my pocket with a few songs on it and some free space. The reason i want the free space on it is because i want to take notes of the things i experience as i go so i don't forget anything (the mp3 player has a built in mic). I'm not sure of my environment yet but if shrooms i was thinking of doing it along a bushwalk trail with some friends in the daytime. If LSD i'm really not sure, my mum just came back from a long trip overseas and i wanted to do it while i had my own house to myself - but i might use a friends house or something.

Are there any other things you guys would suggest i take/do/don't do to enhance my experience. For my first trip i'm aiming for a level 1-2 (preferably a 2). Also should i take my mobile phone? If so should i leave it on or off? I probably won't be ok to drive home either will I (which is a shame considering everyone who goes will probably want to trip aswell).

Any input would be helpful. Sorry bout the long post and thanx for your time. :thumbup:  :smile:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery
Loc: Australia brah
Re: First Time Comin Up, some tips and advice please [Re: shrooma]
    #3081433 - 09/02/04 07:15 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

SET and SETTING. Those two variables will determine how your trip is. Have good friends around, be in a good enviroment, and be confident about what your about to enter, the world of shrooms :smile: I would say turn your phone off! Personally, anyone sober talking to me irritates me, so keep it off. Also on that note, try and get your friends to trip with you, and if not, give you some space. Im not an advanced shroom user but sticking to a few of these guidelines have always helped me.
And on a final note....have fun!

Peace

--------------------

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music." - George Carlin

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: First Time Comin Up, some tips and advice please [Re: shrooma]
    #3081441 - 09/02/04 07:21 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Read the Trippers Faq! It's located as a sticky at the top of the Trip Tips forum.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience