Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineVesicaPiscis
Stranger
Have a really important trip question...
    #3076083 - 09/01/04 12:49 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

OK. I may sound winded when I type this, so hold on.

I've been involved with the new age/metaphysical relam way before I trip any kind of substance, even pot. Well if you call pot trippin...is a psychedelic.

Well, I had a prior knowledge of a vast world of information before I dipped into that same world with a new perspective. And I have no teacher or someone to guide me.

What I'm trying to say is...now that I trip I have intense sensations that no one else around me has because of the things that I know and feel due to the knowledge of the metaphysics and new age.
What I'm talking about is the writings of
Drunvalo, Bob Frissell, Greg Braden, Terrence Mckenna,
C.G. Jung, TOOL, and many other books of religion and
philosophy.

I guess what I'm trying to get and and what i'm trying to accomplish when I trip is...I want to do it the right way. The way that it is intended. They way that the universe intended the mushroom/psychodelics to be used. What is the correct way. People around me don't feel the say way. They just laugh or just want to drink more...I want to figure it out. I want to know WHY. and understant the purpose and...BLAH.

Maybe you and understand where I'm going and maybe elaborate on what I'm saying, because I know ther are like minded individuals here.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: Have a really important trip question... [Re: VesicaPiscis]
    #3076140 - 09/01/04 01:03 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Trip alone on a rainyish day and try to make it pour.

--------------------
Agent 727

OfflineVesicaP
Get ER Done

Loc: Here and Now
Re: Have a really important trip question... [Re: MAGnum]
    #3076390 - 09/01/04 01:55 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Why do you say that?

To make the gods/universe/nature become one with me?

I was hoping for a little more led way..not a riddle.

OfflineTyger
PeAcE

Loc: My house (Canada)
    #3076693 - 09/01/04 04:23 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

ya all my friends use mushrooms to "get fucked up". I really perfer eating them alone. I've never had a bad trip when I trip alone, only when I've had trips with other people. I use them for different reasons that my friends use them for. I wish there was someone in my town, that was like the people on this BB.

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery
    #3077403 - 09/01/04 10:49 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

If you've read McKenna, you know that he advocated taking them at high doses.  I recommend that too.  After 5 times of tripping, low doses just don't do what you want to do, to me anyway.

"I guess what I'm trying to get and and what i'm trying to accomplish when I trip is...I want to do it the right way. The way that it is intended. They way that the universe intended the mushroom/psychodelics to be used. What is the correct way. People around me don't feel the say way."

I don't think there is a "right way" to trip, per se.  Everyone is different.  Some people listen to music throughout the whole trip.  Some people don't listen to music at all.  Some people only trip in nature, some like the security of their own homes.  Everyone is different.

Because you've read all these new age and metaphysical books, to me, that means you're already on the right path of spiritual tripping.  You might notice that these people who just want to get "fucked up" have never heard of McKenna, Jung, but... for some odd reason they'll say they love Tool. :smile:  You have a better understanding of the nature behind what you might see while tripping on high doses.

So, if you're reading these books, you're already doing it the right way, because you were given the gift of being able to read and the gift of finding, reading, and understanding these books.  Eat 5 dried grams and try to remember some of the things these authors talked about, and you'll have YOUR "right way" of tripping.

McKennaDMT

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

OfflineSurwinMaxawow
TONKA TOY
Male User Gallery

#3077437 - 09/01/04 11:10 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Dont forget to take yourself lightly durring the trip. If you try too hard to "do it the right way" than it can backfire. Just keep your mind possitive and light......be objective, and flexible. Dont be too serious.

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#3077577 - 09/01/04 12:16 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

In this little man's opinion, it is best not to have any expectations or wants when going into the trip.
Just go in thinking "mushies, do what you will, and show me a good time and something new"

--------------------

OfflineVesicaP
Get ER Done

Loc: Here and Now
Re: Have a really important trip question... [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #3077957 - 09/01/04 02:41 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for the replies.

I guess it feels good knowing there are others that understand. I just wish I had someone in person, like a shaman that could guide me through a trip in a very sacred way. That's what would be very special to me. To go to a tribe of some sort and experience it purely from that stand point. That way someday I could pass the knowledge down to a new generation.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Terrence McKenna

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience