Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKillBill
Quick Learner
Cool mist and PVC / Garden Hose
    #3074774 - 08/31/04 04:19 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Okay, so i've decided poor mans pod isn't for me, especially since its so goddamn hot And The temp has been staying above 80 degrees. I purchased a shoe wrack which is now assembled and surrounded (except for the bottom) with a plastic drop sheet.
I have a Holmes Cool Mist Humidifier, is that a good brand?

I thought i had read up enough on PVC tubing and how to incorporate it with the chamber to understand what i'm doing, but apparently i'm quite construction-illiterate. Upon getting to the PVC section of home depot i was astounded at the number of Items there were, and after staring at the selection for what was probably a half hour of Day dreaming on how the hell i was gonna do this, i decided i'd get a Garden hose and Ghetto-rig my Cool mist to my chamber. I've decided to take more plastic drap and cover the Exhaust for the humidifier (since i don't have a drill and can't make my own hole for the hose) and then insert the hose through that and make sure they're all well sealed and attached to each other with no leaks, Then i will run the hose up about two feet and then into The wrack and Down along one of the metal Supports, with slits cut in the hose at every level so each level will receive O2. How does this sound? Also, can anyone link me to pictures of the PVC i need or The most descriptive tek they have for cool mists.
Should i Return the cool mist and get a different one or will this suffice?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cool mist and PVC / Garden Hose [Re: KillBill]
    #3074860 - 08/31/04 04:45 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I used a Kazz ($16-18) with garden hoses and it worked great. I just cut holes (2) in the top of the coolmist and hot glued the hoses in place I also hot glued a HEPA filter patch over the intake of the unit. This supplied two fruiting chambers that were also perlite humidified which helped keep RH more stable because you may not realize this but coolmists can introduce more fresh air than humidity and actually lower RH (75-80%) in a chamber, here I'm talking lower than optimum and I'm talking from experience also (split caps). But this combination of ample fresh air and misting created awesome flushes and very nice yields!  :thumbup:

OfflineKillBill
Quick Learner
Re: Cool mist and PVC / Garden Hose [Re: hyphae]
    #3078033 - 09/01/04 01:05 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Okay, so i've taken my Cool mist and Duct taped-Plastic Over the Exhaust, then inserted a Garden hose and made sure that was duct taped firmly. There were no air leaks from around any duct tape, and the other end of the hose was putting out the cool air. I then took the hose and inserted it at the top of my little shoe wrack with the plastic surrounding it. Does this sound like a decent set up? I know the air won't be equally distributed to each level on the rack but i figure i can work that out at a later date.

Where can i buy / order one of those Big Zip-up plastic units?
And can someone please link me to how the hell to use PVC pipes, i've never done it before and i guess i'm not smart enough to figure it out on my own.

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
    #3078085 - 09/01/04 01:20 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

>I have a Holmes Cool Mist Humidifier, is that a good brand?

Yes, it's a very good brand. I've had two.

OfflineKillBill
Quick Learner
Re: Cool mist and PVC / Garden Hose [Re: fastfred]
    #3078142 - 09/01/04 01:39 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Thank you Fast fred, i'm not really getting much help on this and i've been getting very frustrated at my lack of ability to get this thing to work right. Do you know where i can get one of those Zip-up shelves? Is that a Martha set up?? i've heard the term used before many times but was never really sure. I'm Sick of my PMP cause the temp outside is way too high for it and its been staying above 80 pretty much.

Do you know where i can order one of those zip-ups?

OfflineKillBill
Quick Learner
    #3087107 - 09/03/04 11:26 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Can i put my Cool mist humidifier inside my fruiting chamber if its a big shelving unit with plastic draped over it? OR Do i have to drill holes in it to and run tubing From the humidifer to the unit in order to concentrate the output. My problem is i don't know where on my cool mist to drill the holes, i am yet to buy a drill because of that reason. Also, how should i seal up the original Exhaust? When i first tried setting it all up i put plastic over it Duct taped down and it was a mess. Then i attached a hose through a hole in the covering and ran it in through a hole in the plastic drape over my small shoe wrack (which i now returned, i'm waiting on Someone to be my best frien and tell me where i can get the shelving unit i've seen in pictures with the plastic draped around it with zippers.

Can anyone Tell me what the name is and Where can i buy / order a shelf unit with the plastic zip-up surrounding it?

THANK YOU!

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3087200 - 09/03/04 11:47 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

It can be found a K-MART stores. Look in the Martha Stewart Housewares section. It is called a Martha Stewert Portable Closet.

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
    #3087265 - 09/03/04 12:00 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

High temps do suck... bad.

I don't know where to get the martha setup. You can build a box frame out of 2 by 2s pretty easy. Make it so the entire inside is plastic while the wood is outside. Then just get some metal shelves at walmart for $10 each and connect two of them together to build a really tall unit. Rigging up some sort of door on the front is the hardest part. You can get some velcro and use that instead of a zipper. A hot glue gun and some duct tape are also helpfull.

As far as the humidifier... Usually you can pull out the directional spout in the top and then there is just a circular hole/sleve going down into the humidifier. I would place it inside your unit and find the right size (and long)PVC pipe so that you can just shove it partway down that hole in the top. Then drill(or burn) holes in one or two sides of it and glue or tape it into place. Have the PVC pipe go amost to the top of the unit.

Good luck.

-FF

OfflineTweexican
Clit Commander
 User Gallery
Re: Cool mist and PVC / Garden Hose [Re: fastfred]
    #3087572 - 09/03/04 01:18 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

fastfred said:
As far as the humidifier... Usually you can pull out the directional spout in the top and then there is just a circular hole/sleve going down into the humidifier. I would place it inside your unit and find the right size (and long)PVC pipe so that you can just shove it partway down that hole in the top. Then drill(or burn) holes in one or two sides of it and glue or tape it into place. Have the PVC pipe go amost to the top of the unit.

-FF

Fred,
I've found that by pulling out the output nozzle, as you did, and using the top of a 2-liter bottle nuzzled within the unit and out the hole connected with a plastic hose (found at any Lowe's, Home Depot, or Supply Store). Shove the top of the bottle into the hose, duct tape, and attach the other end into the fruiting chamber. The bottle can be pulled tight into the cool mist so that super glue is not needed. Keep it simple boys.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix